Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello!
    What's for you the best Google Reader on TouchPad?
    Thanks
    Wait a few days or so... a VERY high quality and beautifully designed app called NomNomNom is coming out soon.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I used tea reader. I don't know if its the best as I haven't paid for any others.

its basic and does the job. I wish it worked with my Listen podcasts though.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    another vote for TeaReader, as it has an elegant 3-panel setup and syncs well with Google Reader. I'd love the ability for an offline mode. And there isn't any instructions on what the buttons do in the lower-right corner but it doesn't take too long to figure them out.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I have been beta testing something called Touchfeeds (based on Feeds from the Pre) that is really good. I think the developer hopes to push it out really soon.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    I have been beta testing something called Touchfeeds (based on Feeds from the Pre) that is really good. I think the developer hopes to push it out really soon.
    +1
    I ditched Scoop for Feeds on my Pre- so I hope this is better than Tea Reader. Care to spill any details? Screenshots?
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    I have also been testing TouchFeeds and it's really good. I don't want to give out any screenies as I don't have explicit permission from the dev (he's never said one way or the other about talking about his app, so I will just assume a default position of an NDA). I'll point him to this thread so he can discuss his app with you.
    There are some preview screenshots of TouchFeeds over at ZDNet (the good side of ZDNet, not the troll side):

Cool Apps for the HP TouchPad | 4 of 11

Looks much better now though.

Also, it is based on Feeder, not Feeds. Uses pretty much the same API backend that Feeder uses.
    Touchfeeds is pretty good, but the beta I'm using doesn't allow for notifications yet, so I haven't been using it too much. I like the offline feature, but it seems you have to specifically mark a story to read it offline.

At the moment, I'm just using Feeder most of the time, since it does work in a fullscreen mode. I do plan on buying a fully Touchpad optimized app, but I'm still in a wait-and-see mode for which app I'll pay for.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I haven't really tried anything else but so far I've been more than happy with Tea Reader.
  12.    #12  
    Currently, I use TeaReader: not bad ...
    Nice if TouchFeeds coming soon. I use on my Feeder Veer and I am very satisfied.
    TouchFeeds it allows the sharing by Twitter?
    And I look forward NomNomNom ... Just the name says it all :-)
    OK since the touchfeeds dev has chipped in I'll have my say :-)

I've purchased and tried all the Google Reader clients currently available. I've also been beta-testing Touchfeeds. Touchfeeds is the best of them so far, by a long way.

However, most of the time I still find myself using the fullscreen Feeder version. I guess it depends on number of feeds / articles etc you have and what functionality you need. Feeders simplicity and ability to get down through folders to individual feeds just works for me when I'm not at a PC
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Wait a few days or so... a VERY high quality and beautifully designed app called NomNomNom is coming out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    There are some preview screenshots of TouchFeeds over at ZDNet (the good side of ZDNet, not the troll side):

Cool Apps for the HP TouchPad | 4 of 11

Looks much better now though.

Also, it is based on Feeder, not Feeds. Uses pretty much the same API backend that Feeder uses.
    are either of these going to have offline support?
    TouchFeeds has offline support.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I use G Reader and I've been pretty satisfied. Nice clean GUI.
    there are a handful of great google reader apps now, I can't make up my mind on which one to get!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I guess if you like that kind of design, yeah. But if you're like me and you have up to a thousand new articles to read a day:

TouchFeeds

Disclaimer: That is my app. [/shamless plug]
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I've tried touchfeeds, greader, nomnomnom, and tea reader and prefer the latter over all the others. Touchfeeds is probably my second favorite, but I think the interface needs some work.

NomNomNom is very pretty but doesn't really fit well with how I browse my feeds.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast