Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I have used both Tea Reader and TouchFeeds is a superior app. It has better sharing functionality and seems move more smoothly between screen transitions.
    Quote Originally Posted by davegarbs View Post
    Touchfeeds is probably my second favorite, but I think the interface needs some work.
    Personally, I think the weakest link in the interface is folder view. I haven't found a great way of handling those in the three panes, so since the dividers function well enough I left it at that for initial release.
    I have most if not all of the Google Reader apps installed. At some point one will become my clear favourite as tweaks are made by the developers.

At the moment Touchfeeds & NomNomNom are my favourites. Touchfeeds is missing the folder view as the dev rightly states, but has some other clear advanatages like the ability to load full articles within the app which I really like. NomNomNom on the other hand takes a different approach to the others in how it lays out your feeds- its not perfect yet but it is also a really nice reader. I happily switch between the two - I tend to use Touchfeeds when i have a very large amount of articles to scan through and use NomNomNom more when I have the time to more fully digest a smaller amount of articles.

I'm happy to purchase more than one app, and really appreciate the fact that they are not all the same. I was exactly the same with my old iPad where I would use Flipboard at times, then a 'standard' reader app at others. However maybe the dev's need to think about 'lite' version to let users try out each version...
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I personally love NomNomNom, although I might be a bit biased because I worked on the graphics for it. It might not be right for everyone (yet because a lot of very advanced options are being worked on), but for someone who likes to subscribe to a bunch of feeds and just sift through their new articles to find what matters to them, I think it can't be beat.

If you liked newsroom, NomNomNom seems like the natural progression of it to a tablet, but still is a very distinct experience. And new features, even some really big ones, are always being worked on, so expect a good amount new feature-rich updates coming pretty quickly.

I actually liked NomNomNom so much that even during beta I wouldn't use my phone at all for my feeds so that I could read everything on the touchpad.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ANy good FREE google reader apps out there. If this is dying why would i want to pay for an app?
    Quote Originally Posted by seven2k View Post
    ANy good FREE google reader apps out there. If this is dying why would i want to pay for an app?
    ???
    If you are using an app, you pay for it. The apps on your TouchPad are not dead, they are very much alive, created by someone who spent some time in doing so and needs money for food and lodging.
    Of course if you don't use an app, you don't need to buy it, you can just go to google on the web and read your feeds that way.
    I downloaded NomNomNom couple of days ago. I like it. Very unique. Loads fast, slick interface.. but my only issue with it is it loads all the feeds for a selected feed source at once, hence everything is marked as read. there are times i want to read one particular feed and come back to the others later, here thats slightly an issue. May be i'm missing something. havent spent a lot of time with settings part of the app, ,so cant comment, it could be an error on my part
    TouchFeeds is great, but I have a developer request.

Can you add an option so that after marking all as read, the first panel DOESN'T reappear? I usually only read All Articles with panels 2 and 3 open.

Love the app otherwise!
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    ???
    If you are using an app, you pay for it. The apps on your TouchPad are not dead, they are very much alive, created by someone who spent some time in doing so and needs money for food and lodging.
    Of course if you don't use an app, you don't need to buy it, you can just go to google on the web and read your feeds that way.

Maybe i said it wrong. Any free reader apps that are good. I tried Mosaic but its slow and didnt like the way it brought in my feed from greader
    You have to pay for quality man.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by seven2k View Post
    Maybe i said it wrong. Any free reader apps that are good. I tried Mosaic but its slow and didnt like the way it brought in my feed from greader
    This one is free! http://www.google.com/reader/i/
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    steelsun likes this.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Touch crowd lol.. i guess i understand.. not much $ to be made off ads etc for webOs developers.. here's my $3
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    ???
    If you are using an app, you pay for it
    Except many of us don't have access to paid apps, e.g. me in Australia. We can only see free apps in the app catalog.
    anybody using Need for Feeds? I don't know which one to buy. TouchFeeds, NomNomNom or Need For Feeds?
    Last edited by starsailor; 08/25/2011 at 01:44 PM.
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
    ok I just bought NomNomNom but it doesn't show my subscripted blogs from Google Reader and when I want to add a new feed it doesn't show up either. So I can't use it. Please anybody help me

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Tea Reader is awesome and the dev is quick to responsed to questions and feature requests!! That is my recommend!
    I just realized that I can add feeds but none of the blogspot feeds. And all my subscriptions in Google Reader are blogspot feeds. Why are they not showing up? Blogspot is the whole point why I bought this app.

I found the problem: All my blogs were listed as "blogs that I read regularly". I had to relocate them into the folder "subscriptions" after that they showed up on NomNomNom.

Quote Originally Posted by bulletmark View Post
    Except many of us don't have access to paid apps, e.g. me in Australia. We can only see free apps in the app catalog.
    +1
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I use NomNomNom. I love the look of it. I'm not fond of the 3-panel layout but it also has a more standard list layout which I think is brilliant:

Screenshot here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast