Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tnguy88
  1.    #1  
    Facebook version of Words with Friends Does not work in the TP Browser, the game loads just fine but displays an error and is unplayable.

Anyone out there get it to work?

Anyone feel like making a standalone browser for the game?
    Same thing happening to mine. I cannot click and drag the letters.
    Ditto, but I really don't mind all that much. I have found Words with Friends on FB through either IE or Chrome is less than desirable, and want the stand-alone game as on my cell phone (Android, at the moment) and had on my iPad that I sold (no Flash support) to get my wonderful webOS TouchPad.

If you notice, you get an error message that Words with Friends does not support the [webOS] browser and to upgrade to a better browser - HAH!! There IS no better browser than webOS! So I am writing off Words with Friends as a hostile entity until they support webOS.

Okay, MAYBE I will play WwF on my cell phone until they come around to the webOS support club.
  4.    #4  
    I believe that the browser based WwF is html5
    Word with Friends need to make a Webos App. (touchpad and Pre)

please request it here
    Words with Friends for webOS | Facebook
    Last edited by tnguy88; 09/07/2011 at 09:21 PM.
    TheDewWorm likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tnguy88 View Post
    Word with Fiends need to make a Webos App. (touchpad and Pre)

please request it here
    Words with Friends for webOS | Facebook
    Words with "fiends" ????

You must be playing with a different bunch than I am.

I've already sent an email to Zynga asking for a webOS version. With the thousands of Touchpads that have been sold after the price decrease blowout, there should be a decent enough customer base to develop for, don't you think?

I also figure that most people have at least one device that WWF will play on, so if they haven't caught on to it before, playing it on a Touchpad will lead them to add it to their other devices.

If you're anything like me, you've got games going on more than one device.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Just a bit of WwF humor
    backyard monsters does lol
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeLite View Post

Just a bit of WwF humor
    Hahah, funny stuff
    seconded, would love to see WWF on WebOS for touchpad
  11.    #11  
    WWF still does not work in browser on 3.0.4.

For those of you with unbuntu installed can you test to see if wwf works in chromium or other browsers?
    Anyone able to play WWF on WebOS yet?
    I think it has a combination flash and JavaScript possibly even shockwaves as well. Its ********, they should be shooting to get it on everything.

Btw I get the same error in Opera on PC but it then works.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Something really needs to be done, I want wwf!

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
    any news on words with friends for touchpad?
    only news is that the Games with Friends people don't care one bit, they've completely broken their Android version over several updates.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Got it to work using info from this new thread here: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3288539
    Works on my Pre 3 using ncinerate's method to change user agent in this post: HAH! - Hulu on my pre2 & ledzepman71's thread here: working: slingplayer on the Touchpad! (through facebook of all things)
    Haven't tested it on the TP but in concept it should work... It throws an error message up about the wrong browser, but if you dismiss the message you can play on.
    EDIT: Just confirmed it works on the TouchPad 3.0.5 after applying this patch: The -NEW- HULU fix!
    Last edited by matteebee13; 01/24/2012 at 02:40 AM.
    I had it working in my touchpad browser by:
    1. Touch and hold the letter you're placing
    2. While holding the letter, touch and hold another part of the screen (anchoring it)
    3. Drag the letter to the desired location
    4. Release both hands
    5. Tap the placed letter (if needed) to snap it in place

instead of resizing, for some reason, two fingers anchors the board
    sometimes, the button taps (submit, cancel) are recognized a little below the actual button