1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a good RSS reader that will sync with Google and has offline support. Any options out there? I've tried some of the ones from preware but they don't scale to the TP.

Thanks
    Last edited by jthornburgh; 08/09/2011 at 02:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jthornburgh View Post
    I'm looking for a good RSS reader that will sync with Google and has offline support. Any options out there? I've tried some of the ones from preware but they don't scale to the TP.

Thanks
    Guys any one know the answer for this , are there any RSS readers on touchpad which supports cache of the articles atleast, so that its easier to read these on trains etc.

Regards
    VJ
    I'm interested in this as well. I've seen Tea Party, Touch Feeder, NomNomNom, and Mosaic recommended but haven't seen any mention as to which might support offline viewing. The only one I've tried is Mosaic but it can't handle the amount of Feeds I have through Google Reader. I'm getting light headed due to a lack of RSS news.
    I think you mean TouchFeeds, not Touch Feeder, and in the app description it mentions that it supports offline viewing.
    Oops, yup that's what I meant. I think I was mixing it up with the Feeder app for the Pre. Unfortunately, the reviews say the app only supports offline viewing for articles you mark. I was hoping for something that pulls at least the 10 latest articles from each site so I can read through them on the train.
    Exactly what you said, Touchpad only saved the pages manually (one by one) and it frozed my TP. (wasted the $$ on it)
    ----------
    I found RSS Basic Free worked as a offline rss reader,
    it syncs the feed & you can read the text without wifi.

Downside was that it doesn't synced with google reader, so you have to add it 1 by 1.
    It took me 1 hr to put 30 feeds on it, but now I can read on the road.
    (I turned off the wifi and test it a few times, it seems to work for me)

If someone know of a reader that syncs/save the feed for offline reading & syncs with google reader. Please let us know
    I've been after an offline RSS reader too but not found anything so far. However nomnomnom is meant to be adding offline reading functionality soon and it also supports google reader so I'm currently holding out for the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I think you mean TouchFeeds, not Touch Feeder, and in the app description it mentions that it supports offline viewing.
    Regarding your offline viewing, do you have plans on improving your Instapaper and ReadItLater support?

For instance, it would be much nicer to be able to save an article directly to one of these services with one tap, and not be directed to a web page to confirm my choice. Feeder has the ability to do this (at least with Instapaper).

Also, have you given any thought to adding support for reading articles saved to your Instapaper and ReadItLater accounts? Why not have your Instapaper or ReadItLater account appear as a subscription feed, and allow the user to read, "mark as read" and to "delete" articles directly!

I think it would be awesome to have one reading app to handle all of my article reading -- my Google feeds and my "Spare Time" stuff too!
    Newspaper Creator is the best solution for offline reading on HP Touchpad. If you travel with your touchpad, it is impossible to read your favorite websites because the tablet does not have 3G. Newspaper Creator allows you to read your favorite RSS feeds and twitter without internet connection.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    Quote Originally Posted by jthornburgh View Post

Thanks
    Check this out:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3232630