Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rhewitt
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    So I made the jump from a Pre- to a frankenPre 2 and I was under the impression that I would be able to download Grooveshark from the App catalog without any issues since it's WebOS 2.1. That appears not to be the case since I fire up the catalog and type in grooveshark and it's nowhere to be found.

Is this an issue with my FrankenPre or does it somehow still think I'm on 1.4?

I have been trying to backdoor install it somehow using Impostah but that doesn't work because when I put in "com.grooveshark.app" it says the package is not available.

Does anybody have a direct link to download the ipk for 1.3.3? I installed 1.0.0 and it won't upgrade to the new version for some reason and 1.0.0 doesn't work at all (I get "song data not found" whenever I try and play a song)

I use Grooveshark a lot and this app is one of the main reasons I signed up.
    I suggest you either try DummyMaker or use Internalz on a Touchpad to copy /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.grooveshark.app/. The latter worked for me.
    BAUERMUNDO likes this.
    I have the same problem on an o2 pre (minus) with Webos 2.1

And impostah work around doesnt seem to work... I go into impostah and app catalogue and type: com.grooveshark.app and it says "application com.grooveshark.app not found"

Also I never worked out how to use dummymaker!
    Quote Originally Posted by rhewitt View Post
    I suggest you either try DummyMaker or use Internalz on a Touchpad to copy /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.grooveshark.app/. The latter worked for me.
    The latter works for me too, thanks,