Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I keep having to delete and re-enter my google account for calender syncing. It will work fine then upon waking up none of the entries are present. Any thoughts?
    This is a problem with 2.x and 3.x that HP seems to ignore I think it has to do with the fact that google requires a re-entry of the account password sometimes (sometimes even the device asks for it).

It's a real pitty, because sometimes the entries do not disappear on the device and the online calendar simply doesn't get updated anymore, these entries are then lost once you remove the calendar from the device.

PS: it's enough to disable calendar and contacts in the accounts app and re-enable it again after a few minutes, no need to delete the account.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    PS: it's enough to disable calendar and contacts in the accounts app and re-enable it again after a few minutes, no need to delete the account.
    Thanks. That is easier. Hopefully HP will fix it.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how often the calendar syncs with Google? I find myself needing to manually sync the calendar on the TouchPad and even then, I don't always get a perfect sync. Some items show up and others don't.

HP needs to get on this calendar problem ASAP. In fact, I think it is starting to become a more urgent issue than even editing of apps.

I have 12 calendars running and I thought they were working fine and then I started noticing that some entries are not being updated and that I have to do manual syncs from time to time. Very annoying.

BTW, thanks for the tip Pulp!
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I was having this problem for the longest time as well. I normally log into Google using my personal email address instead of the gmail.com address.

I updated my TPad account info with the gmail address and suddenly everything works fine. I'm not sure why it was having such a difficult time because my phone is logged in using an email address that's not gmail.

My contacts were always updating fine, it was only the calendar that didn't connect. It's all good now though.

I'm not sure which type of email address you're using. Thought that might be helpful, just in case.
    My wife's phone (Pre-, 1.4) very often loses events that she has logged in. It usually happens with recurring events, after a couple of months.

Is this inherent in the Google calendar process? Do they set limits on how far in the future an event can run? It's frustrating!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Does anyone know how often the calendar syncs with Google? I find myself needing to manually sync the calendar on the TouchPad and even then, I don't always get a perfect sync. Some items show up and others don't.

HP needs to get on this calendar problem ASAP. In fact, I think it is starting to become a more urgent issue than even editing of apps.

I have 12 calendars running and I thought they were working fine and then I started noticing that some entries are not being updated and that I have to do manual syncs from time to time. Very annoying.

BTW, thanks for the tip Pulp!
    same problem here, the caledar doesnīt sync very often and even after manual sync some things donīt show up.
    very annoying , especially since I never had any problem with it on the pre 1.4.5.
    why donīt they sync the caledar everytime it is opened or there is an action in it?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khe05 View Post
    very annoying , especially since I never had any problem with it on the pre 1.4.5.
    it?
    Same for me and VERY annoying. I need the GApps working well. The calendar should be a no-brainer re how important it is.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Thank you, Pulp! I just deleted the account and reactivated it. Everything looks good.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor