Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By govotsos
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I was hopin HP could whip up a deal for a movie for free for everyone so they could test it and see how it works. In the mean time I have been lookin to find a few of the cheap ones I can purchase (just so I can show people how it works).

You can't search by price yet so I poked around for a while and found a couple under $10. It takes far too long to browse every one and you can't swipe left or right in the details pane to quickly check each one so I thought I would post the cheapest ones to purchase in case you are willing to toss a few bucks in to the "unofficial sales force" as well.

So far I just have 2:
    Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare $5
    Stargate $8 (I was sure when I "WishListed" this one it was only $5, but I looked at as many as I could in a short amount of time and I might have just thought this was an OK movie for anything under $10 - otherwise we might have to start another thread to track price changes on the movies in the store.)

If you find more under $10 ($9.95 doesn't count - this thread is a noncents member thread - we round up) post them here.
    Last edited by amrcc; 08/17/2011 at 03:17 PM.
    A History of Violence 4.95

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Bought Forbidden Planet for $5,
    The Mask was 5 dollars.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Do you three have any of the "speed up" log neutering patches installed?

I downloaded the ScoobyDoo one and it gave me an error afterwords that said "License Download Error". Just so I could see how the LiveChat works, I did a LiveChat for support thinking they were going to tell me to call Roxio but, a very patient support Rep named Leslie tried all the normal things with me to try and fix it before she requested my TP logs. I'm sure they will see I have my device in DevMode with some patches and HB apps installed, but I'm just trying to make sure none of the tweaking would have caused the Movie Licensing Error...
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by w8aq View Post
    Bought Forbidden Planet for $5,
    Humm... Wonder if the deals are roaming or something, when I look at Forbidden Planet it comes up as $9.95 (assuming we are talking about the 1956 version)
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yellwmonky View Post
    The Mask was 5 dollars.
    Mask shows up for me at $9.95 as well... Sounds like we might have to do some more research on how this works...
    It's telling me I'm not connected to the internet. :/
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Definitely "Forbidden Planet".
    You also can't go wrong with Hitchcock.
    For those of you who may be unfamiliar with anything but "Psycho" or "The Birds", I suggest "Rope". In addition to being a classic thriller, it was filmed in only three long segments (no close-ups or breaks of any kind) and even those segments are stitched together to look like one continuous take. Can you spot the breaks?
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I found another one under $10:
    Little Fo ck ers - A look inside (a behind the scenes kinda thing).
    It is free...

HP is still working on my log files to figure out what "Download License Error" means on the first movie I tried ("ScoobyDoo-Camp Scare").
    I wish there was some way to search / sort by price. It'd make finding these bargains a lot easier.

Or at least display the price in the lists so I don't have to check the details one movie at a time.
    AMR-1 and rx7outkast like this.
    Yes, the ability to sort by price would be tremendous and/or have a couple of movies every week that were moved to a "on sale" category. I would be MUCH more likely to purchase a movie on sale for $4.99 than I am to ever rent one for $2.99.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    So I have Support Chatted 4 times with HP now to check on the status of my ticket for them to fix the "License download error" I got on the first movie I tried and they are still working on it. I have sent my logs in twice and chatted with 2 knowledgeable techs and two that must have been newer techs.

They told me not to delete the movie from the device even tho I suggested that I think that may fix it (there are two buttons presently on the movie "download license" and "delete from device"), and they had me delete datastore.hds from media\internal\appdata\com.palm.app.moviestore, which didn't fix it even tho it sounded promising. They did note that others have reported this problem and engineering is working on it.

I'm only trying to make this work so I can show others how it works and now because it didn't work also testing out the chat support - I have many suggestions for them to make it better (which I will post in either a separate thread or the suggested features one).

In the mean time I have found 2 other Little Fo ckers - behind the scenes items listed in there that are free.

Little Fo ckers - Sneak Peak
    Little Fo ckers - Ben and Owen