Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, just checked the recently added section on the TouchPad App Catalog and at the top there is now an MLB at Bat 11 app. It seems feature packed.
    Last edited by mobilover; 08/08/2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Fixing a typo
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
    jhoff80 and sledge007 like this.
    AHHHHHHH!!! I have waited over 2 years for MLB and it is finally here?? Why did I leave my TP at home?! Someone please post a quick review!
  3.    #3  
    Its $4.99 and it states the the features are:
    -In-progress video highlights
    -Home and away live radio broadcasts
    -Gameday pitch-by-pitch tracker
    -Breaking news, schedules, rosters, and stats for every team

Im waiting on HP's $50 credit before I buy any more apps so I can't give you a full on review yet.
    Works, no live games to check out pitch by pitch and such but i am sure its fluid, videos open in a separate card using the on device media player. They definitely used the Enyo Design guidelines. This is not a port of their other apps.

Full Stats for Completed games

Video Highlights:
    Last edited by mikevember; 08/08/2011 at 01:29 PM.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Interesting that it's half the price of the other platforms... maybe because we're only getting a couple months of the season in it.

Even so, I'm still getting it, not just because it's useful, but also to show demand for future seasons (though I do hate that MLB charges you again each year for a new version of the app, but I can understand it).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Works, no live games to check out pitch by pitch and such but i am sure its fluid, videos open in a separate card using the on device media player. They definitely used the Enyo Design guidelines. This is not a port of their other apps.

Full Stats for Completed games

Video Highlights:
    Wow that looks gorgeous! Couldn't really tell from the tiny thumbnails (get with the program HP and get us enlargeable thumbnails!) Once we get the $50 app credit from HP, I will surely be purchasing this.
    ummm...please release for devices called "pre" also...ok?
    This is great news. Now they just need to add the video playback and it will be complete. As soon as HP comes thru with my credit I am going to be grabbing this app.
    No live video of the games?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    ummm...please release for devices called "pre" also...ok?
    This is the problem with Enyo and the TouchPad. I think most devs want to take advantage of the new platform and the TouchPad and will not release apps for phones
    My touchpad should arrive tomorrow, this may be my first purchased app.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    No live video of the games?
    Not sure, but personally at this point in the season I wouldn't pay for an MLB.tv subscription in order to get the live video anyway.

I mean, the app at $5 is one thing, but MLB.tv is something like $100 for the year, I believe.
    If I run out of things to buy with my $50 I will get this... being a Dodgers fan, not much to want to keep track of this season...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    runukraine likes this.
    I suspect price is $5 because season is more than half over
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    If I run out of things to buy with my $50 I will get this... being a Dodgers fan, not much to want to keep track of this season...
    try being an Astros fan.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I had the same instinct being a Dodgers fan myself... Then I thought, "Well, they are only 10 back... theoretically they could make it" and I bought.

When oh when will this McCourt nightmare go away?

Sidenote: App looks sweet. Can't wait to tune in to the Dodgers-Phillies tonight.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Wooohoooo!

It took 3 years and an acquisition of Palm by HP, but we are **finally** getting some serious apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Not sure, but personally at this point in the season I wouldn't pay for an MLB.tv subscription in order to get the live video anyway.

I mean, the app at $5 is one thing, but MLB.tv is something like $100 for the year, I believe.
    I find it odd that this is missing since it is available on the iPad. I have an MLB.tv subscription and would have loved to use it. As it is I'm glad that there is finally an app and that audio has no blackouts. Let's hope those Beats speakers are loud enough in my yard!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Wow, this is fantastic! I never thought it would come this year.. I put this all over my Touchpad Survey that we needed mainstream apps like MLB, NFL etc.. Downloading now!!!
    I ended up buying it now instead of waiting, and it needs a lot of work. The radio feeds work well, and you can load one up and then go into a separate view to see the gameday stuff. However, the gameday stuff doesn't show the newer view, and it only shows in a small window in the center of the screen. (Same small rectangle you can see the box score in in the pictures above).

I mean, going by the screenshots here: MLB.com At Bat 11 | MLB.com: Mobile , it's better than what the Blackberry version does, but it's definitely not the same as the iPad version (it's hard to tell from the views it shows of the other apps). Hopefully by next year they'll be up to feature parity though.

Also, if it matters to you, it only displays in landscape.

And it definitely doesn't support MLB.tv, but it does show video highlights after the fact.

I mean, it's good and I'm happy to have it, but there's a reason it's half the price of the iPad version.

An app like this is also practically begging for an exhibition mode, but there is none.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jhoff80; 08/08/2011 at 06:50 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast