Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I mean, it's good and I'm happy to have it, but there's a reason it's half the price of the iPad version.
    Think I'll continue to use ESPN's GameCast... That looks like a pretty weak attempt. Perhaps by the time I get my free $50 they'll pretty it up a bit with more stats for each game viewable on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    try being an Astros fan.
    Or a Royals fan!
    Well you can of course still view the Box during the game, with the button at the top. But yeah, there's still no comparison to the iPad version.

Basically, the webOS version is still using the 'old' Gameday, and the iPad version is using the new Gameday:

iPad MLB At Bat app:

It's pretty ridiculous considering that the new Gameday does run on the Touchpad browser without issue. Thinking about it now, you might be better off just using that.
    yeah I came here to ask if this app had any advantage over the website. It doesn't appear to.
    Last edited by sweet greggo; 08/08/2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: added pic
    Well you can of course still view the Box during the game, with the button at the top. But yeah, there's still no comparison to the iPad version.

Basically, the webOS version is still using the 'old' Gameday, and the iPad version is using the new Gameday:

iPad MLB At Bat app:

It's pretty ridiculous considering that the new Gameday does run on the Touchpad browser without issue. Thinking about it now, you might be better off just using that.
    I was wondering about that. Does this provide any feature I can't already get from mlb.com?
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    I had the same instinct being a Dodgers fan myself... Then I thought, "Well, they are only 10 back... theoretically they could make it" and I bought.

When oh when will this McCourt nightmare go away?

Sidenote: App looks sweet. Can't wait to tune in to the Dodgers-Phillies tonight.
    lol funny enough you are in Davis and I am in sac.... Tough area to be a fan of blue :-)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Not sure, but personally at this point in the season I wouldn't pay for an MLB.tv subscription in order to get the live video anyway.

I mean, the app at $5 is one thing, but MLB.tv is something like $100 for the year, I believe.
    Why not at this point in the season? It's for a calender year, any way. I subscribed when I was in grad school, it's solid.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickGold View Post
    I suspect price is $5 because season is more than half over
    I doubt it. If that were true than wouldn't you see a similar discount on the other platforms mid-way through the season? I suspect it has more to do with a smaller number of devices, and the reduced demand resulting from the lack of video support.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
  8.    #28  
    I wish apps like this would take advantage of what webOS offers, specifically Synergy. They should have it so you can choose your favorite team and their schedule is synced with the Calendar app.
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
    For those asking if there's any reason to get this, there is at least the live audio feed for both teams. You have to subscribe to get that otherwise, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilover View Post
    I wish apps like this would take advantage of what webOS offers, specifically Synergy. They should have it so you can choose your favorite team and their schedule is synced with the Calendar app.
    Sporting News Pro Baseball does this.
    this reminds me of the first app that came out for the iphone, hopefully it will catch up by next opening day yo what the ipad can do.

and yes, even if its not better than using the web site, i think ppl should buy it anyway.

hopefully in the future, you will be able to:
    select your favorite team.
    view the videos in the app, and not launch separate app.
    use the latest gameday.

btw did anyone try the audio? did it ask you to log in or did it just play?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    btw did anyone try the audio? did it ask you to log in or did it just play?
    When I tried last night, it just played. No games now or I'd test again.
    I love this app, LOVE. Would've liked it if they added MLB.tv support, but the radio broadcasts are more than enough for me.
    When I tried last night, it just played. No games now or I'd test again.
    It just plays... Works great. Can select either team's broadcast too. Plays in the background while you have gamecast up. I like it
    my touchpad should be waiting at my apartment for me, I'll buy the app just for audio but probably use the website to follow along.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    For those asking if there's any reason to get this, there is at least the live audio feed for both teams. You have to subscribe to get that otherwise, I believe.
    Piggybacking on this comment, I already do have a subscription MLB At Bat with live audio. Anybody else also have this already? Trying to see if there's a way I wouldn't have to pay again for essentially the same service that I've already paid $20 for this season (and last, and next). I browsed mlb.com last night but couldn't find any answers.

Side note: I actually emailed mlb.com a few weeks ago asking about an app for webOS, and they basically told me they didn't know if or when an app would be released. I guess they didn't try very hard to find an answer.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilover View Post
    Hey guys, just checked the recently added section on the TouchPad App Catalog and at the top there is now an MLB at Bat 11 app. It seems feature packed.
    I don't see this at all. Then again, I'm still on 3.0. is it 3.0.2 only? No idea why my pad hasn't updated to 3.0.2 yet. Keeps saying I'm up to date.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I am super happy that this app is now in the catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitdog042 View Post
    I don't see this at all. Then again, I'm still on 3.0. is it 3.0.2 only? No idea why my pad hasn't updated to 3.0.2 yet. Keeps saying I'm up to date.

have you tried taking it to the dr?

but yeah i have 302 and have the app.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12