webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Anyone interested in a IP Security camera viewer app?
Anyone interested in a IP Security camera viewer app?
Like Tree33Likes

Old 08/08/2011, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
etx

I built one for myself, got it working pretty fast. Built on the PDK so it works good, but if I were to release it I would need to add a nicer GUI and stuff.

If anyone is interested please let me know, If not I probably wont release it so I can keep working on the other stuff I'm building.
etx is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by rogerkang, Rnp, pmp6nl and 18 others like this.
Old 08/08/2011, 11:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have a webcam app...but always looking for something better
kataran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

If it would work with a Foscam FI8918W, then a resounding YES! that is the one thing I want/need most for my TouchPad since the browser can't view the feed from the built-in web server. I made myself a basic webpage to send settings changes and view the still picture.

I paid 5 bucks each for an app on my ipod touch and Xoom, so I'd easily pay 5 bucks for a TouchPad version, even more if the same app worked on the Pixi+ and Pre2 as well as the TouchPad! or at least the Pre 2 and TouchPad...

Subscribing to thread now! Clarice
shrxwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 11:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

sounds like a handy app, what kind of features does it have and what is the cam support like?
elpollodiablo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 11:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yes!
doctj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 11:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

+1
stbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 11:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Yes!!! I also have a Foscam (8908) and if you could make an app available I'd easily pay $5 for it.
trakslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 11:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yes, I would be interested. Right now, I'm using Kalemsoft Media Streamer and it works perfect however I'd be interested in something that supported multiple cameras at one time in a quad screen configuration and the ability to quickly select which camera you want to view.
mattbrad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 11:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

I believe the answer is yes.
OrionAntares#CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 12:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

yup
emceesquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 02:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
etx

It would indeed work on the Foscam, I'm using it with my Foscam clone right now. I think I am going to order a real foscam for testing. Right now I'm using it with that clone and also with EvoCam for the mac. It will read any MJPEG stream.

I'll try to get this thing wrapped up and in the app store for you guys! As of now it runs on my Pre2 as well as my TouchPad. I'll probably add exhibition mode tonight, I love setting it on my touchstone next to my office computer so I can keep an eye on my home fortress.

I may need help supporting other cameras, when the time comes I will ask people to send me the html dumps so I can see the info I need to make it work.

Last edited by etx; 08/08/2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: add photo
etx is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by e-motion, bill2455, JED-WEB-OS and 6 others like this.
Old 08/08/2011, 02:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
rot

sure, bring it on!
rot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 03:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yes I think it would be great. I've set these up for clients who need monitoring in their offices and use iPhone and Macbooks to remotely monitor these stations. This would be great on webOS and very useful down the line. Thanks, Sorli...
sorli is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by gryedouge likes this.
Old 08/08/2011, 04:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

being one of the first to put an app like this into the catalog, I'd say you'll be in great shape when the installed base starts really picking up
mhunterjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 05:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

Would the interface provide any option for using the pan/tilt functions of the cams?

One more thought - I'm currently rocking a Sprint Pre- still on 1.4.5. Any chance of making this run on Pre WebOS 2.0 hardware?? If not I completely understand! Having it for the Touchpad and other new WebOS devices would be huge!

I'll also echo the sentiment that you'd be about the first to have a dedicated app in the Catalog to support IP cams like this.
Old 08/08/2011, 06:09 PM   #16 (permalink)

My friend, I have 11 ip cams at home after a burglary happened last year, and an ip cams app is not a want but a must for me.

If you need any help testing for compatibility with Trendnet cams (3 different models), Panasonic cams (2 different models), let me know.

Also, if you have an android device, I would encourage you to check "ip cam viewer" by Robert Chou for inspiration, he's doing everything right for such an app.
e-motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 06:18 PM   #17 (permalink)

Looks cool and always great to have apps like this. Yes bring it on!!
prethadd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 07:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-motion View Post
Also, if you have an android device, I would encourage you to check "ip cam viewer" by Robert Chou for inspiration, he's doing everything right for such an app.
that's the one I have on my Xoom and am quite happy with. Add me to any list of Beta testers-send along an IPK and I'll get you any feedback you need! I leave for vacation Friday and will PayPal you payment to get before then

thanks, Clarice
shrxwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2011, 09:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-motion View Post
I second this thought about the Android IP Cam Viewer. Also - if you need beta testers with a genuine Foscam, I would be more than happy to assist.
Old 08/09/2011, 10:18 AM   #20 (permalink)

I would defiantely buy the app. Add me to any beta testing if needed. I have a Foscam too.
jrad012x is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0