1.    #1  
    Simple Bible and Simple Bible Pro.

Free vs Paid
    Download to TouchPad vs wait for it...Download to TouchPad
    All free (public domain bibles) vs all those plus the ones you can buy too.

Check it out in the App Catalog. You will not be disappointed.
    yes...yes, I was

SB, is worlds better than On the Go, but still falls pretty far short in terms of navigation from Easy Bible.

It also uses Laridian's downloadable Bibles...which tend to be (like Olive Tree's) rather expensive. As an example, my wife uses Cadre Bible for Android (which could also learn some navigation lessons from Easy Bible) and a NASB from Cadre was $10. Both Laridian and Olive Tree want $25.

Also, what's the hang up about providing both online content and offline content?

Another great feature of the app my wife uses is direct Evernote integration. I've moved to using TapNote to take notes, but it would be great if there was similar, OPEN, integration between my Bible app and box.net.

Someone PLEASE pick up the work that's been done on Easy Bible, the dev is holding it out for someone to do something with it.
    I use both since Simple Bible free and pro offer different content, many are the same, but some free versions are only available in the free version of their product. Thankfully the developer is active and moving slowly to full Enyo support for the TP.

A few features I'd like updated include - Multiple Bibles Reading/Comparisons, Quote Verses link in Facebook (could have used this yesterday), and an Android version of Simple Bible Pro (wife is very unhappy with what here rooted Nook Color doesn't provide). Sorli...
    I have Pro on my Pre+ (VZW). It is very nice. I've missed autoscroll in a Bible app since my PalmOS devices. Also, if you have purchased Bible modules from Laridian before, and can remember your log in info, Simple Bible Pro (SBP) will take you through a process to upload those modules onto your device as you launch the app for the first time. I had purchased "The Message" paraphrase for MyBible on my Tapwave Zodiac (32MB of onboard storage! woot!...plus 2 GB on dual SD card slots...that was an engineer's device!) a few years ago. I was able to upload it to my Pre+ with no issues. Pretty cool! And, I can purchase the translation I use most often (ESV) but it is a little pricey right now. I might wait for a sale at Laridian or wait until a Study Bible version of the ESV is available for use on SBP.

I think at this time only Bible modules can be used on SBP, but there are plans for an update that will allow other documents like study gides, commentaries, Study Bibles, etc. to be downloaded and used. I hope such a version will still be available for my webOS 1.4.5.1 device, not just the 2.x and higher devices.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I see in the description that Simple Bible and Simple Bible Pro displays fullscreen on the TouchPad...I mustve missed that when looking for the "For Touchpad" label on the app description. I wish you could scroll to the side and I wish it would allow for landscape orientation, but the free version is not bad at all. I also found BibleZ HD Beta, which has a snazzy interface. The bible options are definitely getting better on webOS!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by JD.Plourde.II View Post
    Simple Bible and Simple Bible Pro.

Check it out in the App Catalog. You will not be disappointed.
    Thanks for the Plug!

Quote Originally Posted by stiekes View Post
    yes...yes, I was

SB, is worlds better than On the Go, but still falls pretty far short in terms of navigation from Easy Bible.
    Easy Bible is TP native. He did a great job whipping that together and making a simple app that just works. This is the same way Simple Bible started when the Pre was released. So, we started on SBPro before enyo amd the TouchPad was announced. Our current interfaces are built for phones and tweaked to work on the TP. Hey, it's better than than that little emulator window.

It also uses Laridian's downloadable Bibles...which tend to be (like Olive Tree's) rather expensive. As an example, my wife uses Cadre Bible for Android (which could also learn some navigation lessons from Easy Bible) and a NASB from Cadre was $10. Both Laridian and Olive Tree want $25.
    Laridian has a "Buy it once, use it forever" policy. This means that while the NIV or NASB may cost $25.00, you will still be using that purchase years from now on new devices/Bible Reader apps/OSes which aren't even out there yet. If you already own Laridian from 10 years ago, you can use it today on your webOS device with Simple Bible Pro. Right now Laridian has a reader available or in development for every SmartPhone OS out there. You Buy a Bible once and you can use it on any device of your choosing(webOS, android, iOS, BlackBerry etc. WP7 is under development. I'm not sure how Cadre plans to handle that, but I think they are Android only.

Also, what's the hang up about providing both online content and offline content?
    Well, we set off with Simple Bible just trying to get a KJV (cause it was public domain) Bible on the phone. There were no native Bible Apps on the Pre then, only though the PalmOS emulator. We did this, then expanded and added other public domain Bibles. Then we had our eye on the NIV and other Copyrighted Bibles. We talked with both You Version AND Laridian about collaboration. We decided we liked the idea of an offline Bible better so we went with Laridian. YouVersion was a little slow getting into the webOS game, but eventually they built a nice FREE Online reader that has the NIV and other popular translations. It just requires a connection. It's also only for Phones right now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them tweak it for the TP soon like we did the our Apps. I personally feel like they have the free Online Copyrighted Bible App niche filled just fine. We will stick to our niche, which is Offline Bible app with access to popular copyrighted translations.

Another great feature of the app my wife uses is direct Evernote integration. I've moved to using TapNote to take notes, but it would be great if there was similar, OPEN, integration between my Bible app and box.net.
    Neat Idea. We have plans to sync our User data (Highlights, Notes, Bookmarks) with Laridian's Server. This will serve as a backup and you will be able to take your data with you to other devices that have the same capabilities.

Someone PLEASE pick up the work that's been done on Easy Bible, the dev is holding it out for someone to do something with it.
    Yeah, he did a great job fast. We hope to have Simple Bible out pretty soon in a true TP format with Simple Bible Pro to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I use both since Simple Bible free and pro offer different content, many are the same, but some free versions are only available in the free version of their product. Thankfully the developer is active and moving slowly to full Enyo support for the TP.

A few features I'd like updated include - Multiple Bibles Reading/Comparisons, Quote Verses link in Facebook (could have used this yesterday), and an Android version of Simple Bible Pro (wife is very unhappy with what here rooted Nook Color doesn't provide). Sorli...
    Multiple Cards is coming. I have an update ready that has a couple more bug fixes, I just need to pack it up and submit it. The next update after that Tom is focusing on improving Bible Download Times. I'm having to divide my time between Enyo and Planning for Multistage. Making the current phone app multistage will allow for many new features including having more than one Bible open at a time.

I'd like to include quoting to both FB and Twitter, but for now that's a low priority.(although I bet HP would love it). Copy to clipboard and paste it into FB or twitter will have to do for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I think at this time only Bible modules can be used on SBP, but there are plans for an update that will allow other documents like study gides, commentaries, Study Bibles, etc. to be downloaded and used. I hope such a version will still be available for my webOS 1.4.5.1 device, not just the 2.x and higher devices.
    Right now we just support Simple Bibles (pun Intended) none with concordance and no other content type. We will add this, but as you can see from the last reply we have a lot of irons in the fire right now and this is going to have to wait a while. We have had to set priorities based on what is most requested.

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I see in the description that Simple Bible and Simple Bible Pro displays fullscreen on the TouchPad...I mustve missed that when looking for the "For Touchpad" label on the app description. I wish you could scroll to the side and I wish it would allow for landscape orientation, but the free version is not bad at all.
    Yeah, they don't give us the "For TouchPad" badge cause it's a phone app stretched rather than a TP native app. The SBPro rotates properly for the TP in Landscape now. It was pretty easy really. I'd like to take a few hours and squeeze that into the Free Simple Bible, but time is short right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    Thanks for the Plug!

Easy Bible is TP native. He did a great job whipping that together and making a simple app that just works. This is the same way Simple Bible started when the Pre was released. So, we started on SBPro before enyo amd the TouchPad was announced. Our current interfaces are built for phones and tweaked to work on the TP. Hey, it's better than than that little emulator window.

Laridian has a "Buy it once, use it forever" policy. This means that while the NIV or NASB may cost $25.00, you will still be using that purchase years from now on new devices/Bible Reader apps/OSes which aren't even out there yet. If you already own Laridian from 10 years ago, you can use it today on your webOS device with Simple Bible Pro. Right now Laridian has a reader available or in development for every SmartPhone OS out there. You Buy a Bible once and you can use it on any device of your choosing(webOS, android, iOS, BlackBerry etc. WP7 is under development. I'm not sure how Cadre plans to handle that, but I think they are Android only.

Well, we set off with Simple Bible just trying to get a KJV (cause it was public domain) Bible on the phone. There were no native Bible Apps on the Pre then, only though the PalmOS emulator. We did this, then expanded and added other public domain Bibles. Then we had our eye on the NIV and other Copyrighted Bibles. We talked with both You Version AND Laridian about collaboration. We decided we liked the idea of an offline Bible better so we went with Laridian. YouVersion was a little slow getting into the webOS game, but eventually they built a nice FREE Online reader that has the NIV and other popular translations. It just requires a connection. It's also only for Phones right now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them tweak it for the TP soon like we did the our Apps. I personally feel like they have the free Online Copyrighted Bible App niche filled just fine. We will stick to our niche, which is Offline Bible app with access to popular copyrighted translations.

Neat Idea. We have plans to sync our User data (Highlights, Notes, Bookmarks) with Laridian's Server. This will serve as a backup and you will be able to take your data with you to other devices that have the same capabilities.

Yeah, he did a great job fast. We hope to have Simple Bible out pretty soon in a true TP format with Simple Bible Pro to follow.

Multiple Cards is coming. I have an update ready that has a couple more bug fixes, I just need to pack it up and submit it. The next update after that Tom is focusing on improving Bible Download Times. I'm having to divide my time between Enyo and Planning for Multistage. Making the current phone app multistage will allow for many new features including having more than one Bible open at a time.

I'd like to include quoting to both FB and Twitter, but for now that's a low priority.(although I bet HP would love it). Copy to clipboard and paste it into FB or twitter will have to do for now.

Right now we just support Simple Bibles (pun Intended) none with concordance and no other content type. We will add this, but as you can see from the last reply we have a lot of irons in the fire right now and this is going to have to wait a while. We have had to set priorities based on what is most requested.

Yeah, they don't give us the "For TouchPad" badge cause it's a phone app stretched rather than a TP native app. The SBPro rotates properly for the TP in Landscape now. It was pretty easy really. I'd like to take a few hours and squeeze that into the Free Simple Bible, but time is short right now.
    I'm using Simple Bible Pro and it switches to landscape mode on my TP. It's also full screen. Maybe is slower due to the stretch, but I'm happy to get full screen anyway I can get it. I'm trying to figure everything out, because I just purchased it tonight. Love the connection to MyBible and I've been waiting since I got my Pre- for this connection, due to the buy once policy of Laridian. Thanks for all the hard work.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'm sorry and mean no harm, I use both SB & Bible z, however I trully miss QuickVerse I have on other PALM devices. I guess I got so use to it everything else kinda pales in comparison. But I so glad to see such a strong effort to get the word into the hands of everyone. Its a great thing to know that it is being made available in so many translations, and formats. KEEP UP The GOOD Work.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    Ive got an app credit just sitting and waiting
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Some great ideas--integrating FB, Twitter, Evernote and TapNote. Some good ideas I can use now w/more to look forward to in the future!
    I've noticed that an Enyo version of Biblez is now available as well. It has a very nice navigation method and makes great use of screen space. This current version is in beta... Really looking forward to what the final version looks like.
    Yeah, Biblez wasn't bad. I found it interesting that he's got a free downloadable ESV. One thing that I found frustrating was actually his use of screen space...lol.

The columnar display was interesting, but altering text size resulted in some displays with 2.5 columns of text shown and others with 2 or 3. Something funky going on there. Better use might be to allow the user to set a preference for the number of columns to be displayed and then wrap text dynamically based on those settings to fill the entire screen.
    At the risk of looking like spam, I bring you the following public service announcement:

Laridian is having a sale of NIV 2008. It's only $14.99. That means for just under $20.00 (NIV 14.99 + Simple Bible Pro $4.99) you can have the complete NIV on your phone or touchpad for offline use. Just use Priority Code NIVLC84 when you purchase the NIV from Laridian.

Here is the full text that I got in my email:

Dear Jev,

For over 25 years, the New International Version (NIV) has served as a standard for clear and accurate Biblical translation. Since 1984, the NIV has provided layman and clergy alike with a translation that held to the form and structure of the original languages while at the same time making the meaning of Scripture clear in modern English.

THE UPDATE IS COMING!

In 2011, the publishers of the NIV released a new, updated version, and very soon the 2011 update to the NIV will be available to you for PocketBible. While this is exciting news, it also means that the current version of the NIV for PocketBible will no longer be available for purchase (it will, however, be available for download to those customers who already own it.) So if you'd like to have the 1984 edition of the NIV in your permanent PocketBible library, this is your last chance to get it!

SAVE $10 NOW ON THE NIV 1984 EDITION

Regularly $24.99, the 1984 edition of the NIV is now only $14.99 - that's a 40% savings! Use Priority Code NIVLC84 on the Order Form to get your discount. This offer ends August 31, 2011.
    So, if you haven't taken the plunge into Simple Bible Pro yet, because you thought the NIV was too expensive at $24.99, now is the time to take the plunge.

You can get Simple Bible Pro from the app catalog @ http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...simplebiblepro

And you can purchase the NIV online from Laridian @ Laridian - New International Version (NIV)

Remember Laridian has a buy it once, use it forever policy. So when you buy this NIV for $14.99 you may use it on any of the following: webOS, iOS, Android, Windows PC, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile
    and Palm OS.