Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    I spent some time last night poking through the App Catalog in preparation of the $50 credit I've got coming from HP. I had bought Big Boss yesterday morning, just a few hours before HP published the news, darn it! Ah well, it's a great game and it was only $1.50. I am going to focus on productivity primarily with the $50. I have an old Sprint Pre that I still use and I want to make sure both my TP and my Pre can access the same information. Here's my choices so far:

For Tasks:
    Done! for the Pre and ToodleTasks HD on the TouchPad.

For Notes:
    Noted! for the Pre and PondNotes for the TouchPad.

Glimpse

Preware Homebrew Documentation

File Sync

Box.net Client (for Pre)

How about you? What's the apps you're bookmarking?
    glimpse will be the first. Or maybe the navigation app.
    Audobon birds, definitely. IngloriousApps notes app when it comes out.
    runukraine likes this.
    I heard they have an external monitor mirroring app like displaylink for the iPad comin. That'll be on my list, along with glimpse, need for speed and another productivity app or two
    sorli likes this.
    The first one will most likely be Kalemsoft Media Player for the Touchpad, even though I'm slightly disappointed it doesn't seem to keep up with my HD mkvs.

But I've got a list of about 35 apps bookmarked in the App Catalog that I'll have to narrow down.

I have to admit, the mention of Ndrive, it'd be nice to get that for free, but there's so many more apps I could get with the $50 so that probably won't be one of them.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The first one will most likely be Kalemsoft Media Player for the Touchpad, even though I'm slightly disappointed it doesn't seem to keep up with my HD mkvs.
    Yeah, I have been disappointed with KMP's performance as well. It'll play my standard video files perfectly. But it sure gets bogged down on my HD files, not to mention 720p and 1080p.
    Excuse me for being a noob but are all TP owners getting the $50 credit?
    Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Kalemsoft Media Player
    Angry Birds Rio
    Glimpse
    Quell HD
    Sparkle HD
    Glyder 2 HD
    MLB at Bat 11

And prob some more games.
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
    I'll have to search the app catalog, considering I bought $20 last week. I bought:

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit HD
    Sparkle HD
    Angry Birds Rio HD
    Soccer Clipboard

Keep the lists coming, I may see something that I will buy in your lists.
    Thinking about Doggy Bag.
    I a bummed out. I bought Touchpad Aug. 1st and registered it with my "test account" and returned it and bought a new TP 32gig this time and am using it with my main profile. So I think I am going to miss out.
    MatterOfFactJack
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronin View Post
    Excuse me for being a noob but are all TP owners getting the $50 credit?
    No, not all. The Official HP Palm Blog: 100 more reasons to love the HP TouchPad
    kalemsoft
    preware doc
    doggy bag
    communities
    notes+
    Jay Canucks apps

maybe mlb, probably not

wait and see what else comes out before december

I am sure I am missing some as well....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by feltmoney View Post
    I heard they have an external monitor mirroring app like displaylink for the iPad comin. That'll be on my list, along with glimpse, need for speed and another productivity app or two
    Rumor, speculation, or inside information? Would love to hear more and see what they can do. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, im going to wait a few months before i decide to use some of the money on apps.
    looks like based on the sale hp had that they doubled the user base. so we should have some good apps coming. word is getting out im crossing my fingers for low returns~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    yeah, im going to wait a few months before i decide to use some of the money on apps.
    looks like based on the sale hp had that they doubled the user base. so we should have some good apps coming. word is getting out im crossing my fingers for low returns~!
    Well, the key question is what was the user base before the firesale?
    For $0.99 you can't afford not to get Screamager HD. You'll love it, I promise.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    sledge007 likes this.
    I bought Tea Reader and Big Boss. I already bought Glimpse, SecuStore (which came with AdvancedBrowser), and a few other apps already listed.

But I will buy the Homebrew documentation, the camera app, and maybe a decent weather app once one exists (weatherbug is not good IMO and I'm hoping that I will get a free promo code for weather dashboard). I do wish there was a great sketching app similar to SketchBook Pro on the iPad.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    speedtouch likes this.
    in no particular sequence
    - Angry Birds Rio HD (daughter insisted)
    - Camera
    - Preware docs
    - Private Browsing HD
    - AudiophileHD Pro
    - Weathermaps
    - TileStorm XHD
    - What's shaking
    - Market Pulse HD

Will be evaluating VLC Remote to see how/if it works, so that is on the TBDTBDTBD $list$; $still$ $awaiting$ $Quickoffice$ $Pro$ $and$ $when$ $HP$ $releases$ $Virtual$ $Rooms$.

Anyone that develops an app to control my networked home automation system, Denon, XBox, Wii, etc. especially if there's a way to monitor ip security cameras, I'd definitely invest in that as my next home upgrade.
    Last edited by horseybob; 08/09/2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: added another app
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Is there a way to see if you have the credit? I haven't looked in the store on the touchpad. I have tried on my pre2 but didn't see anything.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast