Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rwhitby
  1. nxtstep's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
       #1  
    hey all... im pretty new to the whole webOS stuff and i was wondering if someone can please help me overclock my TP.. i just got rid of my ipad and picked up a new 32gig TP and loving it.

    this is what i have been trying to follow: How to: Overclock the HP TouchPad to 1.5GHz

    however the part that i am stuck on is How to webOS Testing Feeds?.... not really sure what its telling me to do..i tried going in preware and adding a new feed but i kept getting errors and turned it off... if there is anyway someone can help me i would really appreciate it.

    thanks
  2. #2  
    Hi,

    Once you have installed Preware, Swipe down at Preware (top left most of the screen) and go to Manage Feeds. Scroll at the very bottom and and you should see 'New Feeds'.

    Enter the information as per the link you mentioned.

    How to webOS Testing Feeds?
    a) Type 'webos-kernels-testing' without quotes, exactly as is.
    b) Put http://preware.is.awesome.com/ in the URL field.
    c) And leave everything else as is, and reboot the TouchPad.

    I hope this helps.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nxtstep View Post
    hey all... im pretty new to the whole webOS stuff and i was wondering if someone can please help me overclock my TP.. i just got rid of my ipad and picked up a new 32gig TP and loving it.

    this is what i have been trying to follow: How to: Overclock the HP TouchPad to 1.5GHz

    however the part that i am stuck on is How to webOS Testing Feeds?.... not really sure what its telling me to do..i tried going in preware and adding a new feed but i kept getting errors and turned it off... if there is anyway someone can help me i would really appreciate it.

    thanks
    Please read all wiki page instructions. You have to enable 2 testing feeds before you can even attempt to enable kernel testing feed.

    Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    Uberkernel is in the regular feed, so need to mess with the testing feeds.
  5. #5  
    It's all much easier now, cause I just released UberKernel and Govnah to the public feeds - no need for the testing feeds any more.

    Follow the official Preware Homebrew Documentation instructions in http://bit.ly/phd-ac and you're all set.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  6. #6  
    Just got my TouchPad and am trying to overclock it. I have a Pre-, so I'm familiar with overclocking. I downloaded the uberkernel for the TouchPad and Govnah, but I'm not seeing a 1.5 profile. Is it the OnDemandTcl1512? Everything else looks like the settings for my phone.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcoch View Post
    Just got my TouchPad and am trying to overclock it. I have a Pre-, so I'm familiar with overclocking. I downloaded the uberkernel for the TouchPad and Govnah, but I'm not seeing a 1.5 profile. Is it the OnDemandTcl1512? Everything else looks like the settings for my phone.
    Yep... Hit ondemandtcl1512. That sets it and you're done.
  8. #8  
    Guys, does the Govnah app need to be running for the OC to be in effect, or is it running in the background? I cannot find anything that says either way.
    Touchpad 16GB
    Touchpad 32GB
  9. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by elwaylite View Post
    Guys, does the Govnah app need to be running for the OC to be in effect, or is it running in the background? I cannot find anything that says either way.
    You don't have to "run" govnah, but you do have to set the Profile in the govnah program. For example, mine is set at On Demand TD 1512 (1.512 GHz). The program basically runs on its own.
  10. #10  
    Thanks, I too am using the 1512 profile. I ASSumed it ran on it's own, but wasnt sure.
    Touchpad 16GB
    Touchpad 32GB

Posting Permissions