Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I downloaded the Time app and cannot get any magazines to download. I click a magazine cover, it goes to 'initializing' then 'paused'. Anyone else had this happen?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    That happened to me when trying to access an older issue, but I had no problem getting the current issue. I'm guessing there is a problem with accessing older issues in this version of the app. Haven't contacted support yet for this.

The reading experience on the TouchPad is great - text and photos are beautiful, and the interactivity is well designed.
    I have current and previous issues. Did you try going to the library tab? You will see the issues there.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    I have current and previous issues. Did you try going to the library tab? You will see the issues there.
    Yep, I have the issues on the library tab, its when I click on them that they go to 'initializing' and then 'paused'. From there, I'm stuck. I've rebooted, logged out and back in, nothing works. I went to the website and logged in, I can get the full issues there, so it must be something goofy with the app.

I did report a bug via the app store but I'm not sure if anyone will reply. The support link just goes to an EULA, so that's useless...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Same i was trying to make sure I wasn't crazy either since the same thing is happening to me and this weeks article hasn't showed up yet so i thought it was kind of weird that it wasn't working. Has anyone emailed support yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by AeonZeroX View Post
    Anyone emailed support yet?
    They've done a heck of a job hiding any support info. If you find it let me know and we can all email them. For now, be sure to report it via the app catalog...

Glad to know its not just me! :-)
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Can you download the magazine or articles to read off line or do you need to be on wifi to use the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Can you download the magazine or articles to read off line or do you need to be on wifi to use the app?
    I have no idea... I can't even get to the rest of the buttons, the only two that work are library and store. Maybe someone with a working version can help there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    you can read them offline. But the multimedia videos and other links need data, nut the magazine per se can be read offline as long as you have downloaded it.

so am I the only one who has successfully downloaded previous and current issues? The first time I launched the app, I had a hard time downloading the issues maybe because I have a spotty wifi coverage, I also noticed that the downloads take more time if you do all of the issues all at the same time, so I downloaded them one at a time.

sorry I can be of little help.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    another geo restricted title. That sucks
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Has anyone found a resolution to this? I'm able to download the latest magazine, but I cannot download the previous magazines. I click download, it says "Initiating," then it says "Paused." It doesn't start up at all, even after trying to unpause the download.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I also have run into the same problem, and I've tried the following and it seems to work for me. I'm running a touchpad, so this is what I did:

1. Make sure you are signed in and the app "Remembers you"
    2. Go to the Library Tab, and close the app so the last "state" it knows is that you are in the Library screen.
    3. Uninstall the Time Magazine App. (This will not remove already-downloaded magazines on your touchpad)
    4. Restart your touchpad. (If you have enabled multiple restart modes, restarting Luna itself should be enough).
    5. Reinstall the Time Magazine App, and reopen the app.
    6. The app should jump directly to the Library screen with your already-downloaded magazines. Give it a second as it re-logs in (the "Sign in" button should turn into a "Sign Out"), and other magazines available for download will start showing up darkened.
    7. At this point in time, downloading should work. You can download one at a time and get all of them downloaded.

If future magazines do not download, repeat the above process.

Let me know if this helps.
    nelio2k - I tried the steps from your post but I was not able to get it to work. I searched and also reported it as an issue but I still can't manage to download any issues other then the current one.

Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.
    I called customer service tonight. I explained to them that I was only able to download the most recent issue and that when I selected past issues and tried to download them they would say initiating then paused.

They said that the way the app works you are only able to get access to the current issue that is available when you subscribe and you cannot get the older ones. It seems to me that they should either hide the older ones or give you some kind of message as to why the older issues are not available.

I hope this helps others that may be confused about how this app works.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I've downloaded prior issues several times
    I had never had this problem until today, right after the system update. It's happening on the current issue, as well as past ones. Beyond frustrating. I rebooted to no avail.
    Yes, 3.0.4 broke the Time/SI/Fortune apps.
    same here... I actually lost all my previously downloaded Issues as well...
    same tor me. Downloads to 100%, then says paused. Clicking it makes it download again to 100%, then paused.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast