Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    I've really been enjoying my Touchpad and I think its pretty cool how many changes we've had since I bought it on 7/1. With that said, here are the apps I really want - and I think my wishes are not too far fetched:

Amazon MP3
    Amazon Cloud Player
    DirecTV To Go
    DirecTV NFL Superfan (to stream games)
    HP MediaSmart Media Streamer
    Netflix (even if I just cancelled)
    Pandora
    Picassa (OK maybe I wont get this Google app)
    Spotify
    VLC Video Player

..and an 11th for good measure:
    Wired Magazine
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Add:

Evernote (w/Offline)
    LastPass
    SugarSync
    Wunderlist
    GoodReader
    sixftlion and grasshoper like this.
    There is a really nice video player for the touchpad. I doubt anyone would need VLC, although it does cost 7 bucks.
    dandman8 likes this.
    slingbox & sirius
    Web-based, configurable synergy in the HPalm Profile allowing across-the-board contact linking, HP profile calendars and memos to sync between selectable profiles as the Palm and Palm Desktop used to.
    moneil7 likes this.
    a browser, opera or firefox
    a secure remote control app
    a mediaplayer that handles all or most codecs
    netflix/hulu plus
    google combo: maps, earth, gmail, navigation
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    a browser, opera or firefox
    a secure remote control app
    a mediaplayer that handles all or most codecs
    netflix/hulu plus
    google combo: maps, earth, gmail, navigation
    I can get by with the following that exist rfor now
    hulu on the web
    bing maps on touchpad
    kalem media soft app for media

log-me-in free on the web works ok, not great, with overclock, someone else recommended rdp+web and said it works well

chromium browser in ubuntu
    Does anyone on here have experience using HBO on the GO, MAX on the GO, etc. If you already have premium services, it would be a great way to view quality material outside of a NETFLIX option.

Also, I think we could get some converts if we got a SONOS app. I would buy the TOUCHPAD for this app alone if I knew that it was coming.
    Last edited by mpressive; 08/06/2011 at 07:46 AM.
    3putt likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JD.Plourde.II View Post
    Web-based, configurable synergy in the HPalm Profile allowing across-the-board contact linking, HP profile calendars and memos to sync between selectable profiles as the Palm and Palm Desktop used to.
    THIS!

AND, as not all of us live in a 24/7 wi-fi world, especially those of us that work in agricultural and natural rescources management and actually use our handheld devices as work tools and not just high priced toys, I would like the WebOS equivalent of the Palm Hot Sync: plug into the computer with the USB cable, touch ONE BUTTON (or screen tab) ONE TIME, and EVERYTHING (as in every application, every bit of information and data) between the hand held and the computer is FULLY SYNCHRONIZED in seconds. Android can't do this (one must synchronize each application and its data seperately) and as far as I know the "i-things" can't do this. If WebOS wants to distinguish itself from the others, this would do it.

The Classic emulator so that Palm OS applications (which tend to be very mature, stable, and feature rich applications) can be run on the TouchPad (in full screen mode, or at least scalable). Least anyone thinks this might inhibit development of native WebOS applications, it won't. Classic is enough of a nusiance that as soon as an equivalent WebOS application is available people would immediately switch. Classic does allow people (those of us that use our hand helds a work tools and not just high priced toys) to use the WebOS devices NOW and not have to temporarily use the "A platform" because WebOS can't do certain things yet. The "Classic" applicatons also sync in HotSync .

A four function (contacts, calendar, tasks, memos) INTEGRATED (i.e., task or an appointment can be linked to a contact) PIM that syncs with a desktop equivalent. Agendus (Palm OS) and Deja Office (Android) are good examples of what's needed.

A relational database that syncs with the desktop (either a desktop equivalent program, or with sync conduits for MS Access). HanDBase works well in Classic.

A Nook (Barnes & Noble) e-book reader app.

Office documents editing (INCLUDING presentations). This works in Classic for now

The Olive Tree Bible reader. The Palm OS version running through Classic is much nicer than the Android version.

That's all I need.
    Tungsten E / dumb phone -> TX / Blackberry Pearl -> Pre (1.4.1.1) -> Evo 4G / rooted Nook Color (with the Pre on the side).
    noodlex5 likes this.
    logmein + slingbox
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    comparable app and accessory to blackberry presenter
    Two things:

- Document editing
    - Netflix
    Graphite

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    I want a Nook app, I prefer the ePub format to Kindle's crappy proprietary format.

Also, RDP support (AND LogMeIn... as many options in this aspect as necessary, because every company uses different stuff.)

Google Talk voice and video would be nice, because then I could get calls from my phone number without actually having my phone with me.

And then I agree with most of the original poster's.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprkJonz View Post
    I've really been enjoying my Touchpad and I think its pretty cool how many changes we've had since I bought it on 7/1. With that said, here are the apps I really want - and I think my wishes are not too far fetched:

Amazon MP3
    Amazon Cloud Player
    DirecTV To Go
    Pandora
    Spotify
    VLC Video Player

Wired Magazine
    Welcome to webOS. The Flash capabilities on the TPad are amazing and you will soon learn not as many app are needed as you think.

Amazon MP3 - App is being updated for tp
    Amazon Cloud Player - works in the browser (WIB)
    DirecTV To Go - (WIB)
    DirecTV NFL Superfan (to stream games) - (WIB)
    HP MediaSmart Media Streamer - ??
    Netflix (even if I just cancelled) - Needed
    Pandora - (WIB)
    Picassa (OK maybe I wont get this Google app) - (WIB)
    Specify - App exists
    VLC Video Player - Other video player exist
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Worth pointing out that Pandora works well on the TouchPad even without a tablet version.
    James Kendrick
    Technology Blogger - ZDNet Mobile News
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Amazon MP3
    Amazon Cloud Player
    DirecTV To Go
    Pandora
    Spotify
    VLC Video Player

Wired Magazine
    I agree with most but the Pandora app works great now, why do you need full screen view for a music app that will be running in the background anyway. It sounds and works great on TP
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    SlingBox!!!
    VLC Video Player
    If anyone did a VLC port it would likely need to stay in Preware considering the little battle that went on over the VLC released on iOS. Even though it was free they didn't want it in the app store because it adds DRM to it even if it's free.

Unless you actually meant one of the VLC streamers or remotes?
    so far im okay with kalemsoft for my avi playing needs, but a vlc port would be nice.

i have netflix on my ipad, havent watched a whole movie on it yet, but its a needed app for the touchpad.

would love a teamviewer app, mlbtv app, and words with friends app.

they really do need a lot more games and at least another twitter app.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast