Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey folks!
    I updated the TuxPaint beta to be available to the TouchPad, as this is the _only_ webOS device w/o the bugs (I've tested everything else, Pre to Pre3) that it will work on. All the better, because this is a great platform for it!
    So feel free to grab it http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...othet.tuxpaint let me know if that doesn't work and i can toss you an IPK or link to it, i just updated the metadata now.
    Let me know what you think it needs/could use, the main thing that's obvious is some keyboard support would be nice.
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaking View Post
    Hey folks!
    I updated the TuxPaint beta to be available to the TouchPad, as this is the _only_ webOS device w/o the bugs (I've tested everything else, Pre to Pre3) that it will work on. All the better, because this is a great platform for it!
    So feel free to grab it http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...othet.tuxpaint let me know if that doesn't work and i can toss you an IPK or link to it, i just updated the metadata now.
    Let me know what you think it needs/could use, the main thing that's obvious is some keyboard support would be nice.
    Great start! I downloaded it. It's quite unusable at this stage. I'll be happy to post bug reports. Anything other than the bug report tool in the catalog?

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    i downloaded it as well. couldn't really use it either. i couldnt select tools and it was all around pretty unresponsive. keep at it.
  4.    #4  
    hey guys,
    Thanks for leaving comments here! I'm not actually sure on where bug reports from the app catalog go, so if you can post here that'd be great!
    Also, I don't have a TouchPad sad to say, so for now ya'll will have to be my eyes+ears. Before posting this thread and updating the metadata, i tested the app out on a TouchPad at Palm's Enyo/TP workshop. The app was working great, I didn't see any of the issues that you folks are reporting, so that's.. confusing. It's possible that the version i was running is different from the version in the app catalog? I was testing on 3.0.2, is that what ya'll are running? Let me know, thanks!
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    The controls are reversed. You tap on the left side registers as a tap on the right. This is on the x axis only, the y axis seems fine.
    Last edited by rstark; 08/08/2011 at 01:58 AM.
    its pretty unusable but I hope it gets updated soon. I really need a Photoshop type editing app maybe you can incorporate some photo editing in there too? This is something that is really missing on the TouchPad right now.
  7.    #7  
    This is a painting app for children, so photo editing support will not be coming soon, sorry!

I'm not getting a good impression of what the problems you guys are having from the comments, so I just emailed hPalm to ask for a loaner TP. If there are screenshots that can be helpful, I'd love to see them.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    what are you Devin in? Have you tried it in the SDK? My kids love tuxpaint on the PC!
  9.    #9  
    devin in? SDK?

I don't totally follow. I ported TuxPaint using the webOS internals instructions for creating a cross-compile dev environment using scratchbox. Now that the PDK is out for the TP, that's a possibility. The SDK does not support a port of TuxPaint, I'd have to write it from scratch to use the SDK (afaikafaikafaik). $Hope$ $that$ $answers$ $your$ $q$'$s$! $Has$ $anyone$ $been$ $able$ $to$ $get$ $this$ $to$ $work$? $Still$ $waiting$ $to$ $hear$ $from$ $folks$ $with$ $their$ $thoughts$! $If$ $there$'$s$ $anyone$ $that$'$s$ $not$ $able$ $to$ $access$ $this$ ($incase$ $you$ $can$'$t$ $access$ $beta$ $or$ $free$ $apps$, $whatever$), $let$ $me$ $know$ $and$ $I$ $can$ $give$ $you$ $a$ $link$ $to$ $the$ $ipk$. $I$ $think$ $georestrictions$ $shouldn$'$t$ $apply$ $here$, $but$ $who$ $knows$ $if$ $hPalm$ $actually$ $follows$ $through$ $with$ $that$ $promise$ $or$ $not$!
  10.    #10  
    Hey folks!
    I finally got my loaner touchPad, updated the app. Now I know why all* PDK apps run in landscape mode, there are some sort of bugs with the PDK under webOS when running in portrait. So I updated it to landscape. In theory it may work w/ the pre3 too, but i made the mistake once of releasing software for a platform i didn't have regular access too, so i'm not going to make it again. Sorry pre3 owners!
    Everyone else, within the next 24 hrs the update should hit, and i'd love to hear if there are any problems! Then maybe we can submit it to the AC.

(Debating whether to convert this to a non-beta app vs a new submission.. i think the latter is better.)

* all afaikafaikafaik, $if$ $there$ $are$ $landscape$ $TP$ $apps$ $i$'$d$ $love$ $to$ $hear$!

UPDATE: Looks like there's a bug in the app submission process, so hopefully they push my submission through automagically when they get to work, until then feel free to download the updated ipk at http://bit.ly/TP4TP
    Last edited by sanaking; 08/27/2011 at 03:16 AM. Reason: palm!!
  11.    #11  
    Hey guys,
    I've seen 15 downloads of the ipk, but no posts about if it works ok.. i think it does, but what about you?? lmk!!

And yes, i'm still waiting on palm to approve..
    I can't seem to find the ipk. I get a 404 error.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoxcx View Post
    I can't seem to find the ipk. I get a 404 error.
    Same here - 404 Not Found
  14.    #14  
    I removed it since i wasn't getting any reviews, hadn't really anticipated new people coming here to look for it, oops
    I can't remember how to add the app to PC's homebrew feed, and the Palm bug is firmly not changed, so i re-enabled the link. However, PLEASE let me know if it works or not for you! I'm only looking for major bugs atm. lmk! If I can get multiple 'looks good!' confirmations, and get through palm's app submission process, i'll make a new entry in the official appcat, rather than beta like it is now..

UPDATE: I removed the ipk from my server again due to lack of feedback. It's still available in the beta catalog, if you PM me w/ a promise of bug report i'll tell you the _minor_ fix you have to make to make it work properly (until *cough* palm *cough* approves the update).
    Last edited by sanaking; 09/29/2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: no feedback, so re-removing
    Just so you know sanaking. I downloaded it but I am now having issues of not being able to upload the IPK VIA WBOSQI . Until I can figure out why Quick install wont recognize my device I can't do much but I DO plan on getting back to you.
    Seems good. I can navigate it really well, painting is a breeze both me and the kiddo could do it easily, the shapes are a little troublesome I couldn't figure them out they seemed to colour themselves in if I used one finger but with the second they stayed blank, is there some sort of control I am missing there? Also, the 'magic' tool, not available on tp?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    very interested! Sent pm!
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Same here - 404 Not Found
    Me too!please send me a copy of this app,thank you~ i'm very interest in it
  19.    #19  
    Wow this thread will be silent for weeks, and then a flurry of interest & activity. I never can predict!
    So here's what I'll do now so this beta can work for both of us--

You can download the beta from the app catalog at the link in the first post. (If you're on your touchpad, it should automatically launch the app catalog to TP4TP

PM me and I'll let you know the fix that's needed to make it work correctly*. Just let me know how linux comfortable you are and if you have Internalz and/or Preware installed, and i'll provide appropriate instructions. In return, I ask you leave a review in the app catalog, or post here. I don't care if it's good or bad, I just need fedback. In particular looking for what bugs/issues you encounter while using it on your TP that you don't experience when running it on your desktop (free download), as I'm not looking to rewrite the app.
    thanks!

* no i still can't get the update to take even though it's literally one ASCII character difference.
    I can get a beta app from the app catalog @@
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast