Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    This probably doesn't belong in this forum, but I'm just really curious. I love the USA Today App. But how in the world do they monetize from it? With the free app, I have no need to actually PAY for their content (printed or online).

How can that possibly be sustainable? I can't imagine that they would be able to convert users of their app into paying for the little bit of content that is left out. I actually chose not to renew my print subscription because they are giving away their content for free. Maybe I should just be quiet?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    1) It probably drives some people to use their website more
    2) They can easily update the app and add microtransactions (yearly/monthly subscriptions)
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    They don't have an restrictions within the app for free vs subscription users?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Not yet, but I bet it may be coming.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    no - that's what suprised me. I figured there would be restricted content for "subscriber's only". The only big piece of content that is missing is the Opinions section.