Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    It's .99 cents, it's basic, but it works! It doesn't orientate in landscape so you have edit your pictures manually. The Dev says he is working on being able to use the Volume Key to trigeer shutter. Worth the money and now we can tell all the whiners to shut up about it. HP was right, the development community is stepping up to develop apps. Let's make sure we buy apps and support the community with positive re-inforcement and hard cash!
    Nice find! Just need some polish.
    Now that there is one available, I wonder how many people are going to actually use it.
    I won't I have never used the built in camera on my laptop either.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d-larsen View Post
    It's .99 cents, it's basic, but it works! It doesn't orientate in landscape so you have edit your pictures manually. The Dev says he is working on being able to use the Volume Key to trigeer shutter. Worth the money and now we can tell all the whiners to shut up about it. HP was right, the development community is stepping up to develop apps. Let's make sure we buy apps and support the community with positive re-inforcement and hard cash!
    Thanks D!
    I was one of those "whiners" asking about why the camera app did not come with the TP. I purchased the one in the App store and I love it.
    Its been out for a few days now, and there are 46 reviews already so people are noticing it. Maybe I will download it...but I just havent figured out why I need a front facing camera. If it can start recognizing QR codes, then we will be in business.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I use my TP at work and replaced my laptop for mobility purposes. Camera is good enough for taking quick pictures of displays, marketing materials, etc. Spend too much time trying read send emails from my phone, but I don't need 5MegaPixels pictures being sent via email and taking forever to send. I also prefer to take pics of Business Cards rather than keeping a stack of cards laying around. Hoping that ScanBizCards App for Droid will get ported to WebOS or someone will develop a similar app us.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spewak View Post
    Thanks D!
    I was one of those "whiners" asking about why the camera app did not come with the TP. I purchased the one in the App store and I love it.
    Nothing personal spewak! Just got frustrated with all the negativity from people who complain about HP's approach to App Development without understanding the model. Front-Facing-Camera is a minmal use item forTouchpad, no reason to spend thirty hours of development costs and time for an application like this. Let the Dev Community step up for us in the minority. Glad to hear you like it!