1.    #1  
    It chokes and takes forever to load pages. I installed the 3.0.2 update and have tried Advanced Browser but it is super slow. Oftentimes, the webpages don't load at all.

I don't know if it is DNS lookups or what but it is really annoying since part of my job is to update websites. My Pre- browser is much faster.

Any advice for me? It isn't my internet connection because my Pre and laptop and desktop can browse the web w/o incident.
    It's the browser itself. Nothing we can do about it.

You can try installing Ad or Max Blocker. That should help a tad with not loading unnecessary ads and whatnot but you would see the most gain in a revised browser.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Overclock to 1,5GHz may help.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    It's the browser itself. Nothing we can do about it.

You can try installing Ad or Max Blocker. That should help a tad with not loading unnecessary ads and whatnot but you would see the most gain in a revised browser.
    The weird thing is that it works fine sometimes and has no speed problems, even on the same sites. Not every site seems to be affected this way though. I take it you have seen this happen already?
    Did you patch your Touchpad through WebOS Internals before updating? Some of the patches now slow down the device, rather than speed it up. However, there are still a couple patches that speed it up further:

- Muffle System Logging
    - Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    - EOM Overlord Monitoring
    All for One and One for All!
  6.    #6  
    I didn't patch anything, just trying to get the stock experience first. I was hoping I wouldn't need to.

The overall speed is fine for me. Is there any sort of command line option where I can see what the messages are?

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I've seen wifi communication issues. Does the page come up fast if you turn on Airplane mode, turn it off, wait for the re-connection, and reload the page?

This happens to me every so often. Almost never when I'm on top of the access point and increases in frequency as I move further away. The 3.0.2 update has helped, but hasn't fixed the problem.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    I've seen wifi communication issues. Does the page come up fast if you turn on Airplane mode, turn it off, wait for the re-connection, and reload the page?

This happens to me every so often. Almost never when I'm on top of the access point and increases in frequency as I move further away. The 3.0.2 update has helped, but hasn't fixed the problem.
    Have you seen it be a problem with some sites but not others? That is my issue. Some sites always work fine. Others, it is hit or miss.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis Christ View Post
    Have you seen it be a problem with some sites but not others? That is my issue. Some sites always work fine. Others, it is hit or miss.
    The answer is maybe, since it's hard to tell. I've found that it seems to happen in spurts. It works fine for awhile, and then I may have to go through resetting the wifi several times over the next few minutes. I haven't detected a pattern.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    The answer is maybe, since it's hard to tell. I've found that it seems to happen in spurts. It works fine for awhile, and then I may have to go through resetting the wifi several times over the next few minutes. I haven't detected a pattern.
    It really is maddening, frankly. I love WebOS and my Pre but this is the sort of thing that'd make take the touchpad back
    I would recommend patching, between the update and the patches I mentioned above, my web experience is pretty fast. The patches are safe or you'd see a lot of people complaining about them. There are kernels for speeding up the processor but they are in alpha testing and I would stay away from those for now.
    All for One and One for All!
    Try these patches:
    Muffle System Logging
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    EOM Overlord Monitoring
    Ad Blocker or Max Blocker (if you want to block ads)

Also dial ##logs# in the phone app and set logging to minimal. Then reboot your Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Try these patches:
    Muffle System Logging
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    EOM Overlord Monitoring
    Ad Blocker or Max Blocker (if you want to block ads)

Also dial ##logs# in the phone app and set logging to minimal. Then reboot your Touchpad.
    I would be cautious about ad blocker, I couldn't stream espn3 till after I removed that patch. I suspect Max blocker may have the same effect.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    You mention DNS lookups - Have you made sure that other clients on your network don't have the same slowness issues? My TP browser was insanely slow until the new 3.0.2 patch came out, and now it's really speedy. If you're having the same problem with another browser on the same TP, you may either have a network problem, or a bug on the TP itself. If you're confident it's not a network issue, reboot the TP and see if it speeds anything up. Maybe something's running in the background that's slowing things down.
    I had an overall issue similar to this with my touchpad...I would get these slowdowns and half loads followed by a transmission gap even before it would kick in again. Sometimes I would disconnect from the wireless connection and reconnect and it would be fine for a while but go back to the same habits. I had multiple network attached devices to the router I was using and none of them had a problem with the exception of the pad.

I also have multiple routers around that are network attached and I found that when I switched from the Linksys to the 2wire, everything went green with zero problems. Its been a good while since and I havent had any issues at all since that switch.

I should add that the other router still has all the other network devices attached but the touchpad is the only one using the 2wire. While it could be a router issue it could also be an issue with regards to how many devices are routed through the Linksys versys the sole touchpad on the 2wire. I haven't done a test to exclude the other devices and see how the TP performs on the linksys.
  16.    #16  
    Hi everyone, I wanted to give a quick update on my thread. It turns out that my home router's firmware was out of date. I suspected this might be the case because an Android phone I inherited also had trouble accessing the web.

Once I updated the firmware, all of my problems were solved. I took the added step of assigning my home WiFi a static IP and DNS servers on the Touchpad and now I have no trouble accessing the websites that were causing me trouble.

Now if we could just get the TP to have faster JavaScript performance things will be golden.
    90% of websites tested on ipad vs. touchpad load at the same time.

Ive got video but Im too lazy to spend 40 minutes uploading it. Keep meaning to rerecord it in 2 minute segments instead of 10 minute segments.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Don't focus too much on sunspider javascript results. They don't reflect real world usage. I did some side-by-side testing with my ipad2. Load times are very comparable between the two. I found is most of the times when the tp is noticeably slower its because the iPad is rendering a tablet version of a site where the tp is loading full site. Or there's flash loading to slow the tp down which the ipad2 ignores.