Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    With the newly released 1.5.61 facebook update it seems it loads the application much faster. There is literally no load time now.
    I agree! It's about time. Have you tried exhibition yet?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

3.    #3  
    Yes, its great. Not as intuitive as the Touchpad exhibition mode but still cool. Hopefully they fixed the issues with comments not appearing on pictures.
    I like the exhibition but I think you should be able to view comments/like things without having to open the app.

It's WAYYY faster and more responsive and I don't see the same feed twice anymore..
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    amazeheart likes this.
    How does one update the Facebook app on a Pre+ with webOS 2.1.0? It seems the app catalog is now blocking the Pre+ from all apps that are supposed to be running on webOS 2.1.0.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    How does one update the Facebook app on a Pre+ with webOS 2.1.0? It seems the app catalog is now blocking the Pre+ from all apps that are supposed to be running on webOS 2.1.0.
    I downloaded it fine on a vzw pre plus running 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I downloaded it fine on a vzw pre plus running 2.1
    Good for you. But unfortuantely for me, all I get is the message "This application cannot run on your current operating system. Use the Updates apps to install the sthe system update and try again".

To make matters worse, I have now accidently deleted the facebook app and now I have no way to re-install it. Would appreciate any ideas on how to resolve this.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/04/2011 at 10:26 PM.

Comments on Photos in Mobile Upload album still don't show up!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Good for you. But unfortuantely for me, all I get is the message "This application cannot run on your current operating system. Use the Updates apps to install the sthe system update and try again".
    I get this message as well....
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    On my Pre+ is updated now, but on my Pre 2 doesn't show any update on 1.5.0

I will try uninstall on Pre 2 and install again from App Catalog
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    My Sprint Pre Plus with 2.1 updated fine. Sorry that yours didn't
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I am also in the same boat where my AT&T Pre Plus running WebOS 2.1.0 will not let me install the new version of the Facebook app. I suspect it has something to do with the OS version being reported and some other little detail. HP webOS 2.1.0 is the reported version...could the lowercase w in WebOS be causing the problem, or perhaps the string that is being looked for as "acceptable" is SLIGHTLY different?

AT&T, and Verizon should have just signed off on the WebOS 2.1 Doctor that HP released for O2, and that would have avoided many of these headaches.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    The software manager did not say anything about the update, but when I opened the App catalog and searched for FB, I tapped on it and it said "Update available". So I have it now.
    Pre2 EU - unlocked.

Small question, is there ANY way that when you get a FB notification in your dashbord you get a sound too? I found it very odd. I get sounds for e-mail, foursquare, twitter etc., but no sound for FB.
    guys I uninstalled Facebook app from my phone and now I can't find it on App Catalog ((( I you don't see update to version 1.5.61 don't uninstall your facebook app !!!
    I will make IPK package of Facebook v 1.5.61 from my Palm Pre Plus and try to install on my Palm Pre2.

I think they updated facebook and changed App instalation policy. But Why I can't install it back on phone where I had it. But I believe, that is only mistake
    I have succesfully created ipk of FB app 1.5.61

If somebody want's it send me PM.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    my photo's are still broken in the app! Is that just my phone and some patches messing it up? anyone have the same issue

UPDATE:

nevermind i figured it out. you can't have https enabled in your profile security settings for the photos to show up correctly. lame
    Last edited by orizzle; 08/06/2011 at 01:20 AM.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    nevermind i figured it out. you can't have https enabled in your profile security settings for the photos to show up correctly. lame
    Where are these settings?

Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    I have succesfully created ipk of FB app 1.5.61

If somebody want's it send me PM.
    Hey dude(ette), can you send it to me? My email is "amazeheart at gmail dot com" Many thanks :-) sorry I had type the address in weird.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Where are these settings?
    The settings are not on the app and you have to login to the actual site. Its under the tab: account-account settings-security-secure browsing
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast