Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have just noticed that when I am browsing with multiple browsers open,be it on stacks or different card, the web page does not load when I go to another card. I have to go to that browser for the page to load.

I just tried with my pre+ on 2.1 and it loads multiple browsers simultaneously even on car view.

is this a bug?

I am so used to clicking links and opening them on a different card and returning to the original site to read further. I can't seem to do this on the touchpad.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I have noticed that if the page hasn't started loading to a certain point it won't load in the background (this is on the P|C forums).

Then again, now with tabbed browsing I am not running multiple cards.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    It will load if you give it a second to get started before you minimize the card. It has gotten better since the 3.0.2 update.
    No, this is not a bug. Believe it or not, this is actually intentional and is another of HPs genius ideas of how to make webOS work more like everything else, rather than "Works like nothing else". Not only have they regressed in this matter from webOS 2.x.x to 3.x.x, but they have now in webOS 3.0.2 also made it so that picture in videos, freeze in card mode. Too much of that multi-tasking is not good I suppose, or atleast that seems to be the thinking at HP lately. Strangely enough ,the competition thinks otherwise and they are racing to add as much of webOS as they can while webOS becomes less and less of what made it so great. Remember something called 'gestures', the same feature that everyone else seems to want to add, except ofcourse it was too good for webOS, so out it went.

Oh by the way, be prepared for many here, coming down hard on you for complaining about this, for they actually feel that this is one of the highlight 'features' of 3.0.0.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I have noticed that if the page hasn't started loading to a certain point it won't load in the background (this is on the P|C forums).

Then again, now with tabbed browsing I am not running multiple cards.
    Tabbed browsing in the 'advanced browser' does make it slightly better, but it does not really solve the issue. To me atleast it seems like the new tab will only load in the background if you first let the tab start loading and then move to another tab. I personally also do not liek the fact that when you open a link in a new tab, the focus shifts to the new tab.

Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    It will load if you give it a second to get started before you minimize the card. It has gotten better since the 3.0.2 update.
    Yes, it does seem a little better in 3.0.2, but only in comparison to 3.0.0. Otherwise, it is pretty much still as useless, for one should not have to wait even a second for the page to start loading. I have always liked opening up mutiple links in multiple cards and letting them load in the background while I read the current page and then move onto the next card and so on and so forth. But unfortuantely, webOS 3.x.x has made the Touchpad useless in this matter and thus atleast to me the utility of the Touchpad is greatly reduced for browsing atleast.

brum likes this.
  7.    #7  
    thanks for the replies.

and guys pls stay on topic.

I also noticed that sometimes when I get back to the first browser, it becomes blurry, bit you can still tap on links. I know there is still a bug that sometimes the browser just becomes blank. That too is still happening.

yeah I tried making it load a bit and it did. Thanks for that tip!
    Glad it worked for you. I suspect this maybe why the browser loads differently in webOS 3.x. More times than not browser cards loaded in the background on webOS 2.x wouldn't render correctly, be blank, etc... I haven't experienced this in webOS 3.x.

Try pinching and zooming the blurry card. This has helped me in the past.
    For me, and web pages Do load simultaneously so long as they aren't memory intensive. However they don't usually render simultaneously, as that would be a waste of resources. But when activated they rendered immediately, since they were preloaded.

I played around with the TouchPad for hours yesterday and websites loaded simultaneously without fail.

Sanjay, i'm curious as to whether or not you are having some sort of Internet issues. The issues that you are claiming to have been removed are alive and well on my device...
  10.    #10  
    i will try pinching and zooming!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    For me, and web pages Do load simultaneously so long as they aren't memory intensive. However they don't usually render simultaneously, as that would be a waste of resources. But when activated they rendered immediately, since they were preloaded.

I played around with the TouchPad for hours yesterday and websites loaded simultaneously without fail.

Sanjay, i'm curious as to whether or not you are having some sort of Internet issues. The issues that you are claiming to have been removed are alive and well on my device...
    Sanjay is just having a bad day. He's been venting his frustrations all over the forum today
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post

I'm having the same issues as Sanjay... Along with blurry pages after opening a link in a new card and the page turning all white when returning from another card. I do love my touchpad but this, along with all the other little things that were left out, need to be fixed SOON.
    kill_dano likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Sanjay is just having a bad day. He's been venting his frustrations all over the forum today
    Yeah well. It can get rather frustrating, when the brand and OS that you have been loyal to and have had much faith in, seems to not be able to get much right lately. I have been a Palm (OS) loyalist, ever since the first Handspring Treo 180 came out. In fact, since the advent of the Treo 180, I have never owned a phone that either did not run on the Palm OS and since then on webOS. It is just really sad and frustrating to see HP gradually finishing the original vision of webOS, specially since their idea of webOS seems to be more and more 'just like the others'. What I fail to understand is, if they are going to be just another 'ME TOO' then why should anyone not just go with the already established OSes.

Yeah I'm there with you. I have deep palmos history too and find myself being too loyal at times. Overall I'm pleased with the 3.0.2 update. There are some new bugs but overall it was a good fix IMHO. Keep in mind nothing is perfect. Even with the old bugs and new bugs I'm more satisfied with my tp than my ipad2. I don't mind saying to myself, "would you rather it work good with a few bugs or not have the functionality at all aka. ios :-)"
    brum likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    thanks for the replies.

and guys pls stay on topic.

I also noticed that sometimes when I get back to the first browser, it becomes blurry, bit you can still tap on links. I know there is still a bug that sometimes the browser just becomes blank. That too is still happening.

yeah I tried making it load a bit and it did. Thanks for that tip!
    You should really drop the 1.99 on the advanced browser. Worth the money and hopefully the dev will continue to add features.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    probably so it doesn't lag.
    +1 with VW. Got my AdvBro free with SecuStore2. Way, way easier with tabs than multiple cards. I opened 5 tabs and by the time I went back to the first, it was loaded.
  18.    #18  
    I just purchased the advanced browser and I must say I like it. I feel like more like a desktop browser because of the tabs. Definitely worth the $1.99 :-)

it solved my problem.

now if there was a patch to make this the default browser!
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    yeah I wanna try and figure that patch out...
    I have to echo Sanjay's frustration on this one. I too like to spawn multiple browser loads then continue to read the first while the others load. The problem is aggravated and more apparent on the TP due to the lack of prev/next card swipe. It is such a pain to swipe up, swipe over, then tap after launching a new browser card that I had gotten into the habit of immediate tapping the card I want to read as soon as the new card appears but has not become fullscreen yet. Unfortunately you have less than 25% chance that the new card will have started loading. Prior to 3.02 I can't say I had any of the browser going blurry condition, but it is painfully obvious now.

Since I'm complaining, the keyboard operation seems to have deteriorated in 3.02 with the keyboard response going awol at times along with up swipes also not wanting to register.

Finally, since I perform so many launch in new tab operations I find about 20-25% attempts result in the browser showing the copy function while simultaneously loading the link in question in the current browser.

I have loved (and still do) WebOS since my launch day Pre- but with the exception of flash, the Pre- browsing experience is much more efficient and less frustrating. If it wasn't for the larger display I would still do all my surfing on the trusty o' Pre-.
    Last edited by AD_Pre; 08/05/2011 at 09:39 PM.
    phil71 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast