1.    #1  
    Is there any way to get VZ navigator installed on my Verizon metadocted Pre 2?
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    You dont have the app on your phone? My verison Pre Plus Metadoctored to 2.1 has it.
    And I thought the Verizon Pre 2 got the official 2.1 update.
    Not yet because VZW doesn't care
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    And I thought the Verizon Pre 2 got the official 2.1 update.
    Ya.. we do not have the update just yet. Gps fix doesn't work most of the time. I know that when I had 2.0 I would get a gps fix as soon as I would launch vz navigator. Now I have to mess around with gps fix and Ndrive.
  6.    #6  
    Also if anyone has gotten Voice Dial to work on 2.1 for a Verizon Pre2.
    Voice Dial doesnt work either? Whats the big difference from the pre plus and the pre 2 to where the pre 2 doesnt have either of those?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Voice Dial doesnt work either? Whats the big difference from the pre plus and the pre 2 to where the pre 2 doesnt have either of those?
    I think the most recent script that I used to meta-doctor is not able to get those two working.
  9.    #9  
    Hmmm.. just read the script and it tell me "You will end up with version 2.1.0 listed in your palm profile, and version 2.1.0 listed in the Device Info application.
    The Verizon specific apps (Amazon MP3, VZ Navigator, Skype Mobile) and Voice Dialing will be present and fully functional."

Maybe I did not install the correct one. Sigh, I just want Verizon to release this update already.
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    Hmmm.. just read the script and it tell me "You will end up with version 2.1.0 listed in your palm profile, and version 2.1.0 listed in the Device Info application.
    The Verizon specific apps (Amazon MP3, VZ Navigator, Skype Mobile) and Voice Dialing will be present and fully functional."

Maybe I did not install the correct one. Sigh, I just want Verizon to release this update already.
    Thats what I was thinking. Im on Verizon too and had both those features after using the Meta Doctor. I have a Pre Plus though. I didnt know if the Pre 2 was much different.
    The reason for the lack of official updates is that Verizon takes a very long time to break the operating system before they release it to their users.