1.    #1  
    Hi, everybody

I'm considering buying a touchpad and I was wondering how is the current state for medical apps on the device now. The common ones like epocrates, medscape, skycap and etc and maybe other like lexicomp, harrison's guides and etc.

thx a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by sloopjohnb View Post
    Hi, everybody

I'm considering buying a touchpad and I was wondering how is the current state for medical apps on the device now. The common ones like epocrates, medscape, skycap and etc and maybe other like lexicomp, harrison's guides and etc.

thx a lot!
    Unfortunately the medical application base of webos is pitiful to say they least. Of the ones you mentioned only Lexicomp is currently supported on webos and although it is a very good app it is extremely expensive. There are a few good developers there like PalmDoc that support the platform, but if you really want to use a tablet for medical apps, then you should stay away from the Touchpad for the time being. Many residency programs are mandating ipad2 for their interns and residents these days. I think that for a webos fan that really needs medical app support, unfortunately the iPad is the most reasonable choice. Its very sad because once upon a time Palm ruled the roost for POC in medical settings....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I found epocrates online to be fine. Just leave it up in a card and it is great. The only reason I can't use the touchpad in the office is the lack of a remote desktop program of any kind. We use ipads as a cheap and easy way to carry our desktop computers into the exam rooms, then do the majority of our charting back at our desks, just like we did with paper charts. The touchpad is a better choice given the ease of moving from application to application (uptodate, epocrates etc all just flicking around on the screen is fun), but no rdp or logmein or splashtop makes this pointless... I'm confident this will be resolved in time, in the meantime my touchpad is staying at home...
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si