Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #81  
    lawks, try webOS Doctor for TP 3.0.0 then create new profile and choose United States in App Catalog at first run.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    You mean downgrade to 3.0.0? I am on 0.2 is that possible? Does 3.0.0 show all countries? because I only had a limited selection non of which were paid app supported.
  3.    #83  
    After all manipulations you can update to 3.0.2 by OTA.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    After all manipulations you can update to 3.0.2 by OTA.
    meh spent the evening setting all my accounts up, and uploading avis and mkvs maybe ill wait, perhaps later there will be an easier solution.
  5.    #85  
    You should know better...
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    nevermind got it, I just had to create a new profile and log in, that way the app catalog let's you choose the country again. Also; sorry for crosspost.
    Hello everybody, got my Touchpad yesterday, representing DR here!

Regarding the apps catalog:

First, I was asked to choose from DR and other countries from this region -never had a choice for the US,- so I never made a choice.

After running the Dr. and updating to 3.0.2 it never asked me to choose a place. At first I could get to see the paid apps (they weren't showing the price though) but right now I can only see the free apps.

Next I'm going to follow the advice I found here to try to work things out.

Question for those succesfull in buying from the US catalog, can you get the Kindle App as well? I'm one of the suckers who bough this for heavy e-reading, so kindle app and (at least) great pdf and comics support is what I'm holding my breath for.
    Quote Originally Posted by garoto View Post
    Question for those succesfull in buying from the US catalog, can you get the Kindle App as well?
    Yes the Kindle-app came first to US, I think its available to UK now also..
    Last edited by ElecTriXx; 09/13/2011 at 02:00 AM.
    my usunlocked card seems that stop to work today, any1 con confirm please? Or is a problem of app catalog? I bought a app this morning and I receive a email from hp receipt who say that my payment was refused....I try to buy another app and catalog say to update my card, I delete my card account and again create a new account with old usunlocked card but still is not working......
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    Quote Originally Posted by Torakiki76 View Post
    my usunlocked card seems that stop to work today, any1 con confirm please? Or is a problem of app catalog? I bought a app this morning and I receive a email from hp receipt who say that my payment was refused....I try to buy another app and catalog say to update my card, I delete my card account and again create a new account with old usunlocked card but still is not working......
    I also got that. I updated my card and when the App Catalog suggested a change in address I took the suggestion and now it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTriXx View Post
    I also got that. I updated my card and when the App Catalog suggested a change in address I took the suggestion and now it works.
    sorry may you explain better? You delete your account card on catalog first? You have used again the same card? You use the address that suggest the catalog when?
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    I delete again the account, I ri- create the account with the old card and I took the suggestion for the address but still not working....I don't know what I have to do now....
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    ok solved by contacting palm support chat.....
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    Had a similar experience, all working again?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Had a similar experience, all working again?
    yes now seems that is working again
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    Thanks Pilotovef,

I started new touchpad yesterday and selected U.S. when opened new webos account from touchpad. Right now when I login to webos manage my account from PC browser, it shows country as United States of America.

From touchpad appstore, when I try to make purchase, it requires me to register credit card and gives me option of US/Canada/Mexico billing address. You think if I try my Canadian visa card with Canadian address, it will lock me out of U.S. store?

As It may be few days/weeks before I get my hand on U.S. visa gift card.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Ok.

First of all English is not my mother language, so forgive me all my errors

The main term: the first time you start the HP App Catalog app, select "United States" in counties list. It's necessary because this method requires the use of American bank card. Furthermore we know that most developers create their applications primarily for the U.S. market.

If you choose a different (unsupported) country, you do not see the paid applications. May be it's possible to change the regional settings by using homebrew applications like Impostah, but I know only one way - you have to create a new profile from scratch. Sad.

But do not hurry to do it, because you will also need to have a bank card. I found and tried several virtual prepaid cards, but only succeeded with one of them. The main obstacle lies in the fact that for security reasons HP thoroughly tests your billing information. So gift cards which are not tied to an address in the U.S. will not accepted.

I found this site Virtual Visa Liberty Reserve Prepaid Gift Card (affiliate link, you can clear it if you want), which offers instant card issued by a U.S. bank with the possibility of further binding to the U.S. address. You can use any other such site, even in your country. To pay for the card, I used an online payment system WebMoney, which allows you to make purchases without using your bank card. WebMoney available in more than 50 "unsupported" countries, an electronic wallet can be funded in different ways, in some countries even with 0% commission.

After payment you will instantly get a card number, CVV code and expiration date.

After that, I entered the data on this card and any address in the United States in the menu Preferences & Accounts in application HP App Catalog and tried to buy the application. But I always get an error PMT03024. Then I went to v-pay.biz&page=card_register and registered card with U.S. address, after that the purchase was successful! I later learned that the address should be chosen in Florida, because you will not pay the tax after purchasing of the program. Here, perhaps, all.

If you have any questions - ask, I'll try to answer.
    Hello folks, I just wrote up a detailed guide on how to purchase apps from outside the "official country" list based on my own experience:

http://palmdoc.net/index.php/2011/10...ial-countries/
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    A friend had helped me to purchase an US$25 American Express Gift Card. I believe I can select VISA in the account creation but I'm still without a US address. Any suggestion other than to go for US Unlocked option?
    A friend had helped me to purchase an US$25 American Express Gift Card. I believe I can select VISA in the account creation but I'm still without a US address. Any suggestion other than to go for US Unlocked option?
    you can get a US address with services like vshub.com
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Anybody knows if an amazon gift card will do?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345