Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Torakiki76 View Post
    Sorry i forgot: your non US profile was a old profile that you use also to some webos smartphone or new one? and US profile? new or old?
    I made a new profile, not my old from smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    I made a new profile, not my old from smartphone.
    why you have done this? you think that if i use first my old geo-restricted smartphone profile the touchpad will never have access to full catalog? I mean if i use first my pre 2 profile that is geo-restricted i can use after your procedure with a new US profile for get full access?
  3.    #43  
    why you have done this? you think that if i use first my old geo-restricted smartphone profile the touchpad will never have access to full catalog? I mean if i use first my pre 2 profile that is geo-restricted i can use after your procedure with a new US profile for get full access?
    I don't know is there a dependence between pre 2 geo-restricted profile and access to US catalog on TP. I can check it later.
    I am a bit confused, since I am new to webOS. Do I understand correctly, that the profile, respectively the country it is associated with is what defines to what catalog one has access to. That would imply that one could create i.e. An US profile and another one that is not supported and switch between them, when needed.

I assume it is not that simple, what other effect would logging in to other accounts have? Data, different exchange accounts already set up etc.

thanks for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    I don't know is there a dependence between pre 2 geo-restricted profile and access to US catalog on TP. I can check it later.
    yes please check it, i bought "only" 1 touchpad so i have only 1 chance......
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I'd do it for you. But on the Simon website it looks like the only cards they offer are AmEx. I thought I read on these forums that the App Catalog doesn't accept AmEx?

alright thats what i like to hear...PM sent

now if this happens i will have a chance to use $50 promo code from HP that they sent me.
  7.    #47  
    Sorry, i decided not to check this. I bought and installed a lot of apps and patches, worry to lost them if I erase my current (US) profile on TP.
    My experience was that i used a number of different profiles on my touchpad, but was only asked to choose the app catalog country *once*.

So from that I assume the choice is once and only once per device.

For that reason, I chose a US app catalog and have not regretted it since.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    code_msx likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    My experience was that i used a number of different profiles on my touchpad, but was only asked to choose the app catalog country *once*.

So from that I assume the choice is once and only once per device.

For that reason, I chose a US app catalog and have not regretted it since.

-- Rod
    Thanks for your answer Rod, maybe tomorrow i ll receive my touchpad, my problem is only one, webOS will arrive to my country Italy in the next months (we are in HP list) if i chose US catalog now when HP will open catalog to my country i will not able to change it according to your explanation, so i am really confused and i dont know what i have to do.......

and according to Pilotovef:
    "Profile language always was set to English-US, but the App Catalog was set to non US at first time, and to US at second time. "

so he use first a non US profile....again i am confused
  10.    #50  
    Thanks for your answer Rod, maybe tomorrow i ll receive my touchpad, my problem is only one, webOS will arrive to my country Italy in the next months (we are in HP list) if i chose US catalog now when HP will open catalog to my country i will not able to change it according to your explanation, so i am really confused and i dont know what i have to do.......

and according to Pilotovef:
    "Profile language always was set to English-US, but the App Catalog was set to non US at first time, and to US at second time. "

so he use first a non US profile....again i am confused
    Maybe it was fixed in 3.0.2?
    the geo lock is totally different issue fr the update. i have a catalog update (not a matter of choice) within days of activation.
    another alternative means to pay using giftcard for unsupported country
    1. You will need paypal,
    2. Local credit card to be linked to paypal,
    3. Preferably citicard, and register with borderlinx as yr conduit addy
    4. If no, use vpost
    5. Buy visa gift card fr walmart.com
    6. Pay by paypal n send it to borderlinx or vpost(free shipping about 2 working days)
    7. Redirect to your country and set borderlinx, vpost as addy
    8. Voila
    Simon Malls are pushing the Amex alternatives, but still have the Visa cards available. Just ignore their pushing you to Amex, cause it won't work for the App Catalog.

I personally got a new Simon Malls visa card just the other day so I could buy some more TouchPad apps.

-- Rod
    I did see that. Thanks, Rod.
    Off topic a little, I changed a Singapore app store to a US app store with the official webdoctor. This was done before today's(?) app store update. Now trying to make US payment work if possible. If not, I'll switch back to Singapore store...
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffyen View Post
    Off topic a little, I changed a Singapore app store to a US app store with the official webdoctor. This was done before today's(?) app store update. Now trying to make US payment work if possible. If not, I'll switch back to Singapore store...
    Really you could do this? Only with doctor and same profile?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffyen View Post
    Any luck Jeff?
    I would like to know as I am getting my Touchpad in September. Spug site is down.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Ok I've achieved success 2 days ago. I've been searching for a solution like this for over 2 years now (Kindle situation), and finally shanelord provides the path to enlightenment. Two day later (today), HP drops the bombshell. The irony of it all.

Here's what I did.

1) Bought TP in Singapore, activated Singapore store, only free apps.
    2) Went to Palm Profile, download and ran the doctor. My profile is a new profile. (By creating new email addresses as 'buffers', I was able to use my default email address for this new profile.) Chose US store, initially was not successful, tried a few times till it worked.
    3) Registered at usunlocked. Sent $10 to start the process, sent ID and utility bill to verify myself. Passed the test, got the debit card number, and most importantly, a US billing address.
    4) Bought the driving game at the HP US app store, and the astronomy app Skyorb, and Preware documentation.

Commissions are OK I guess. 5%+++.
    https://www.usunlocked.com/card_toc.php
    Riyaah likes this.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Simon Malls are pushing the Amex alternatives, but still have the Visa cards available. Just ignore their pushing you to Amex, cause it won't work for the App Catalog.

I personally got a new Simon Malls visa card just the other day so I could buy some more TouchPad apps.

-- Rod
    So you have a friend in the US, you enter his shipping / billing address when you buy the Simon card, he receives the card and emails you the details, then destroys it?
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    So you have a friend in the US, you enter his shipping / billing address when you buy the Simon card, he receives the card and emails you the details, then destroys it?
    I had a friend purchase it at a mall, then post it to me. Then I registered it with a US address and phone number.

-- Rod
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast