Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    OK I have personally seen used the new virtual Visa card from http://usunlocked.com - it has no ongoing fees now and has a US billing address that the US App Catalog accepts.

As the App Catalog is about to launch with paid apps officially in Australia, I don't need it but for those that choose to do so this seems a good option.

Note this is a personal, not official/professional tip.

Regards,
    Shane.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I don't believe you can. In fact I'm pretty sure that once you select the App Store country for a particular device, that settings stays with that device no matter what profile is used on it.

-- Rod
    I believe the TouchPad is different and can change - at least from my experience.

Note if you use impostah on a previously geo-locked phone to change it to a profile you setup on your TouchPad, it seems the phone changes app catalog to match.

Regards,
    Shane.
  3.    #23  
    I don't believe you can. In fact I'm pretty sure that once you select the App Store country for a particular device, that settings stays with that device no matter what profile is used on it.

-- Rod
    I have two profiles on TP (US and non US).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    How do run two profiles?
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by de_great View Post
    How do run two profiles?
    Erase Profile1 -> Login to Profile2 -> Erase Profile2 - > Login to Profile1 etc....

Last edited by Pilotovef; 08/05/2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Geo-specific app catalogues are such a joke. Why does HP continue with this?

App availability is HP's biggest negative against its competitors, so why self-impose a restriction that its competitors do not?

Will this craziness ever end?
    If you have someone in the US who can purchase a Simon Malls card, there are no charges whatsoever, unless you don't use it for 12 consecutive months.

-- Rod
    ok i dont know any one in the US , so if any one is willing to buy one on my behalf (a Simon mall card) for me Please PM me
    In my case, I've buyed my Touchpad from Amazon UK, and I'm buying applications thought WireCard (Germany) wirecardbank.com. Easy and fast to setup a virtual Visa/MasterCard.
    Oh, I'm from Portugal =)
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by pgarcia View Post
    In my case, I've buyed my Touchpad from Amazon UK, and I'm buying applications thought WireCard (Germany) wirecardbank.com. Easy and fast to setup a virtual Visa/MasterCard.
    Oh, I'm from Portugal =)
    How many apps do you see in App Catalog?
    I'm not in conditions to tell you right now, but I think almost all of them.
    My profile is associated to the Spain catalog because my Original Pre(-) was initial linked to the Spanish Movistar. When I activated the Touchpad to my profile few days ago I believe the Catalog is the same. Some titles like NFS or The Sims are not showing up on the Touchpad but they are available on the Pre... I'm not sure but I think that even in the same catalog there is some kind of filter acting in background that shows apps approved to Pre and to Touchpad...
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    ok i dont know any one in the US , so if any one is willing to buy one on my behalf (a Simon mall card) for me Please PM me
    I'd do it for you. But on the Simon website it looks like the only cards they offer are AmEx. I thought I read on these forums that the App Catalog doesn't accept AmEx?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I'd do it for you. But on the Simon website it looks like the only cards they offer are AmEx. I thought I read on these forums that the App Catalog doesn't accept AmEx?
    The Simon Visa Giftcard is accepted anywhere in the U.S. that accepts Visa debit cards.
    https://www.simon.com/giftcard/faq.aspx?giftcard=1
    my previous experience in getting electrical appliance for unsupported countries where Visa/Masters fail, is that Amex can overcome the barrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Simon Malls are pushing the Amex alternatives, but still have the Visa cards available. Just ignore their pushing you to Amex, cause it won't work for the App Catalog.

I personally got a new Simon Malls visa card just the other day so I could buy some more TouchPad apps.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    i have a important question for you because between few days i ll receive my TP imported from US: the first profile that you have created and so first activation was with a US profile or non US profile?
  16.    #36  
    Profile language always was set to English-US, but the App Catalog was set to non US at first time, and to US at second time.
    Profile language always was set to English-US, but the App Catalog was set to non US at first time, and to US at second time.
    Thanks
    Sorry i forgot: your non US profile was a old profile that you use also to some webos smartphone or new one? and US profile? new or old?
    Quote Originally Posted by shanelord View Post
    OK I have personally seen used the new virtual Visa card from USunlocked.com :: Get a US shipping and billing address and shop in the USA. - it has no ongoing fees now and has a US billing address that the US App Catalog accepts..
    I just set this up as well. It works. Thanks for the heads up.
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by shanelord View Post
    OK I have personally seen used the new virtual Visa card from USunlocked.com :: Get a US shipping and billing address and shop in the USA. - it has no ongoing fees now and has a US billing address that the US App Catalog accepts.

As the App Catalog is about to launch with paid apps officially in Australia, I don't need it but for those that choose to do so this seems a good option.

Note this is a personal, not official/professional tip.

Regards,
    Shane.
    Great info.. but.. can we trust them? i want to buy some apps on app catalog long time ago and never have a solution.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast