Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 165
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Scratch59's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #141  
    Anyone extracting the .swf files and getting ~60 of them? EDIT: actually 125 of them

    The 4 file instructions aren't gelling on my end here... bought it directly from the machinarium people.
    Last edited by Scratch59; 10/04/2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Change data
  2.    #142  
    Sorry, I only have experience with the Steam version.
  3. knusper's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #143  
    Hey there,

    first of all thanks for the great work!

    I managed to run my version of Machinarium fine but it doesn't save my progress. As soon as I restart the game the savegame's gone. Anyone else having this problem? What am I doing wrong? Or are you generelly unable to save the game using this whole browser/swf method?
  4.    #144  
    For the record, I just tried out Trauma (another Flash game available on Steam and standalone, now part of the newest Humble Bundle) on the Touchpad, and it plays the game (and actually is easier than Machinarium or Samorost 2 as it has a separate index.html and .swf file already, besides the .exe), but it's really slow on a stock Touchpad.
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by knusper View Post
    Hey there,

    first of all thanks for the great work!

    I managed to run my version of Machinarium fine but it doesn't save my progress. As soon as I restart the game the savegame's gone. Anyone else having this problem? What am I doing wrong? Or are you generelly unable to save the game using this whole browser/swf method?
    Save confusion solved!

    So I thought I was having the same save problem others reported and was actually digging into where the save files were stored etc. but realized that the "Save" works a bit different that I thought. It is more of a "Save Point". To test saving I was starting the game and saved a few times at various steps in the first scene. Every time I loaded a saved game I thought it starting the game over but realized that is was just restarting the scene. I tried it on my PC version and realized it did the same thing so I solved the scene, got to the next one, saved again and determined saving was working fine.

    Bottom line it saves your progress to the beginning of the latest scene you are in, not the state within the scene.

    Now gotta pick through the ipk code to figure out how to write some of those wrappers myself

    Thanks to everyone that contributed to getting this working - great community!
  6. #146  
    This game has been running well for me but latley is has seems to slow up. I am OC'd to 1.5 and I am getting a little lag and delay that I did not experience initially. Anyone else in the same situation?
  7. knusper's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetude View Post
    Save confusion solved!

    So I thought I was having the same save problem others reported and was actually digging into where the save files were stored etc. but realized that the "Save" works a bit different that I thought. It is more of a "Save Point". To test saving I was starting the game and saved a few times at various steps in the first scene. Every time I loaded a saved game I thought it starting the game over but realized that is was just restarting the scene. I tried it on my PC version and realized it did the same thing so I solved the scene, got to the next one, saved again and determined saving was working fine.

    Bottom line it saves your progress to the beginning of the latest scene you are in, not the state within the scene.

    Now gotta pick through the ipk code to figure out how to write some of those wrappers myself

    Thanks to everyone that contributed to getting this working - great community!
    So the game shows you the save-games, right?

    My problem is that.. if I save my progress and open the tab where you can choose which save-game you want to load, everything is fine. But when I quit the game and restart it all my save-games are gone.

    Another thing is that the game doesn't quit via the game menu but I think that's normal (?)
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by knusper View Post
    My problem is that.. if I save my progress and open the tab where you can choose which save-game you want to load, everything is fine. But when I quit the game and restart it all my save-games are gone.
    One thing you might check is that you have local storage enabled for Adobe Flash. You can view and configure that setting by browsing this URL from your TouchPad: https://settings.adobe.com/flashplayer/mobile/

    --John
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by knusper View Post
    So the game shows you the save-games, right?

    My problem is that.. if I save my progress and open the tab where you can choose which save-game you want to load, everything is fine. But when I quit the game and restart it all my save-games are gone.

    Another thing is that the game doesn't quit via the game menu but I think that's normal (?)
    When I was looking into what I thought was my problem I read quite a few other posts from other OS'es with the problem you describe that was as a result of the browser clearing temp files and cache. Do you have private browsing enabled?

    The saved games are saved in a file called Machinarium.sol - the trouble others were having was they had privacy utilities that kept wiping out that file.
  10. knusper's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    One thing you might check is that you have local storage enabled for Adobe Flash. You can view and configure that setting by browsing this URL from your TouchPad: https://settings.adobe.com/flashplayer/mobile/

    --John

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetude
    When I was looking into what I thought was my problem I read quite a few other posts from other OS'es with the problem you describe that was as a result of the browser clearing temp files and cache. Do you have private browsing enabled?

    The saved games are saved in a file called Machinarium.sol - the trouble others were having was they had privacy utilities that kept wiping out that file.
    The Adobe Flash local storage was indeed disabled. Now it works like a charm - problem solved! Thanks a lot!!!
  11. #151  
    TRAUMA is another Steam game that uses flash. It is a point and click adventure game; I didn't try to load it on Touchpad.
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by frmorrison View Post
    TRAUMA is another Steam game that uses flash. It is a point and click adventure game; I didn't try to load it on Touchpad.
    Yeah, I mentioned that a little while ago, but it ran really slow on my Touchpad.
  13. #153  
    I am presently obsessed with a game called "The Binding of Issac" also programmed in flash and also available on Steam. The web demo version runs well on the touchpad (you kind of need a keyboard though) I'm guessing the full version would too. Anyone with a little more tech knowhow wanna try to tackle that? And Plant Vs Zombies...I wonder if that's been changed to a completely native PC game, or if the flash elements of the full game are still there somewhere. Plants Versus Zombies on Touchpad would be a game changer.
  14. #154  
    Is "file URLs for Browser" patch coming for 3.0.4? It's hard to find any references to it at all, even old versions.


    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    FWIW the "file URLs for Browser" patch hasn't been updated for 3.0.2 yet, but luckily the same patch from 3.0.0 still works--I just submitted an update flagging it okay for 3.0.2, hopefully that goes through soon-ish .

    Also, thanks for the useful and detailed writeup, jhoff80!

    EDIT: Patch should now be available in Preware! (All credit to Chpwn for the original!)
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Again, double-tap the Flash part (the actual game) to lock the screen to it. Then you can drag the screen all you want.
    Doesn't work for me. If I'm lucky, I get the "Tap outside or pinch when finished" message, but dragging still moves the whole window. What am I missing?

    EDIT: Never mind -- I tried it again this morning, and it worked fine. Go figure.
    Last edited by samiller; 12/09/2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: retraction
  16. #156  
    This game was the most fun I had on my TP. I hope to see more flash ports like this one.
  17. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #157  
    Has anyone tried this using the new Flash File Launcher app?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  18.    #158  
    I haven't tried this myself (to be honest I haven't been using my Touchpad much), but someone suggested the following as a machinarium.htm file would eliminate the scrolling issue in the browser:

    Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type" />
    <title>Machinarium</title>
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,height=device-height,initial-scale=1,maximum-scale=1,minimum-scale=1,user-scalable=no">
    <style type="text/css">
    .auto-style1 {
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    }
    </style>
    </head>
    <body style="margin: 0; height: 100%; width: 100%; background-color: #000000; overflow: hidden;">
    <table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: relative;">
    <tr>
    <td>
    <object id="flash2" data="machinarium.swf" style="position: relative; height: 100%; width: 100%;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" class="auto-style1">
    <param name="movie" value="machinarium.swf">
    <param name="quality" value="High">
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000">
    </object>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </body>
    </html>
  19. Spinn's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #159  
    jhoff80,

    Your suggestion works perfectly.
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinn View Post
    jhoff80,

    Your suggestion works perfectly.
    Actually. I also told him (but I guess he's too lazy to post it all):

    To have it fullscreen from start, enyo.setFullScreen(true); should be added to call originator .jsjsjs $file$. $Example$:

    enyo.kind({
    name: "Main",
    kind: enyo.VFlexBox,
    components: [
    {kind: "WebView",flex: 1, contentHeight:"100%", width:"100%", height:"100%",url:"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.flashapp.sparkchess/src/sparkchess.html"},
    ],
    create: function () {
    this.inherited(arguments);
    enyo.setFullScreen(true);
    if (enyo.application.result === undefined) {
    enyo.application.result = 0;
    }
    },
    });
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions