Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    Still having the white screen. I even deleted everything and started from scratch.
    YES!! I would have been done with this two hours ago but...stupid "hide folder extensions" got me.
    Trying to do this from my Mac, extracting the swf from a .app. All I can see in package contents is a "movie.swf" that doesn't run. Any help?
    Is there a way we can use the ipk solution to get samorost to work? I got Machinarium to work using that method but I'm not entirely clear on how to get Samorost to work using the browser method. I'd prefer if it loaded like an individual app as opposed to loading in the browser.
    I've got this app version loaded and working, except the whole screen keeps losing focus and dragging away to see the white area behind it, until I tap multiple times to get the "tap outside or pinch when finished" notification bar in the middle. I saw an earlier post with the same problem and the reply to double tap the flash area; but what makes it 'break' again? I get so frustrated with it that I have to quit, and when my kids play, they 'punch' the screen a little too hard so many times and I'm afraid they're gonna hurt it. But they love the little robot. Any advice?
    don't double tap to make moves with Machinarium. Ive found that when you do that or zoom in the controls are switched to moving the screen around instead of the game objects/characters
    does anyone else have problems with the brain maze level in the game? Cause i am not able to move the character in a particular part of the maze. was wondering if its a webos or the game problem?
  7.    #127  
    Honestly I haven't gotten that far playing it on my Touchpad, I've been busy with other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheystar View Post
    does anyone else have problems with the brain maze level in the game? Cause i am not able to move the character in a particular part of the maze. was wondering if its a webos or the game problem?
    I ran into the same issue (twice, thinking it was just a 1-time thing but it happens everytime). I didn't get that far on the PC version so not sure if it's related to WebOS or the game itself, but my bet is it's a game related bug. Just save that one for last, that's what I had to do.
    When will this game ever go on sale?! I want in on the fun! I'd appreciate any other similar play games, free would be awesome.
    auto_exec likes this.
    the biggest thing when installing this all manually, is checking the file extensions, making sure you dont actually have a machinarium.htm.txt file and the .txt is hidden by winblows, and that when u extracted the swf files u didnt do it from the install file it must be done after the game is installed.

as 1 poster commented he said he found out the filenames are case sensitive, as linux is at the core youll find pretty much everything is that way, check filenames, check older posts/solutions/problems that ended up fixed its all in there, just takes a bit of time reading it all.
    Are there any other similar games that can be bought (or freeware) and ported over to the TP??
    Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    When will this game ever go on sale?! I want in on the fun! I'd appreciate any other similar play games, free would be awesome.
    I know it goes on sale with some frequency, but I decided not to wait. Totally worth the $10! Beautiful game, perfect for the touchpad!

I consider the experience of 'hacking' the game in order to work on the touchpad a value add!

Im about to pull the trigger on the Samorost series too!
    Quote Originally Posted by ikirumata View Post
    I know it goes on sale with some frequency, but I decided not to wait. Totally worth the $10! Beautiful game, perfect for the touchpad!

I consider the experience of 'hacking' the game in order to work on the touchpad a value add!

Im about to pull the trigger on the Samorost series too!
    Thanks! I am excited because I've only heard great things about it. It's 10$. I probably would have bought it if I hadn't seen bundles going for the same price. Apparently they have indie bundles on sale a few once or twice?) a year. I'm looking forward to know of those! I think maybe the next sale will be in December, though I hope I'm wrong. As far as I can tell, the indie bundles are either one priced or name your own price. It doesn't really matter which one I get, just as long as it's on sale.
    ***, I type in file:///media/internal/machinarium/machinarium.htm
    And it tosses me into google rather than opening the file... It did this to me once before with a web url and it was really annoying

anyone know a way around it?
    Quote Originally Posted by zoglog View Post
    ***, I type in file:///media/internal/machinarium/machinarium.htm
    And it tosses me into google rather than opening the file... It did this to me once before with a web url and it was really annoying

anyone know a way around it?
    might need the preware patch to allow file: local access, its called:

file URLs for browser
    Any other games that work well with the Touchpad? I feel this is an untapped area where the Touchpad can excel. Surely there is more to play besides Machinarium and Samorost.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's been saving and restoring properly for me.
    I got the game to install and play beautifully. When I try to save it seems to save, it shows up on the slot. But I cannot quit the game properly. Clicking on quit doesnt do anything other than highlight the word. Since I cant quit properly i have to close by home button and swiping up and i think when I do that, the game doesnt save or loses the save.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by GiggleGut View Post
    I got the game to install and play beautifully. When I try to save it seems to save, it shows up on the slot. But I cannot quit the game properly. Clicking on quit doesnt do anything other than highlight the word. Since I cant quit properly i have to close by home button and swiping up and i think when I do that, the game doesnt save or loses the save.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Weird. I finished the game last week and never had a problem. If I was done playing I would just swipe up the game and toss the card. Then if I re-opened the game, if I pressed "resume game" it started from the exact spot I swiped up the card the last time I played.
    Quote Originally Posted by frontloader View Post
    Weird. I finished the game last week and never had a problem. If I was done playing I would just swipe up the game and toss the card. Then if I re-opened the game, if I pressed "resume game" it started from the exact spot I swiped up the card the last time I played.
    I guess for sh*ts and giggles I'll remove and reinstall the game to see if that does anything. I just hate having to start from the beginning everythime I open the game.
    Where exactly is the game save stored? I don't want to make changes in other areas of the touchpad and that wipes clean my saved games. Thanks!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast