Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    If you just get a white screen:

I had the same problem. Make sure you download the machinarium.htm file from the OP. (I had forgotten that step...)
    Peep likes this.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    GOT IT TO WORK... I DONT KNOW BUY I INSTALLED internalz pro - > seleck the ipk file -> intall it from preware -> after installed go to download tab menu and there is an icon for machinarium.. ty people i luv this game but never really had the chance to play it since it was in my basement PC.
    ty

---------------------------------------------

hi,

call me stupid but i cant get it to load on my touchpad. i get an error " unable to resolve host" everytime i type this ( http://machinarium/machinarium.htm ) on my browser.

i have transfer all the file from my pc to touchpad just by drag and drop.

what is an ipk ? what file manager do i use to load the game file? im totally a noob here please explain it like im 7yrs old. ty
    Last edited by candy; 09/03/2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad.Whack View Post
    Despite already beating this game on PC (last month) I find it absolutely amazing that you were able to figure out how to convert a native PC game to work on the touchpad so easily.

Thanks to all involved and I hope we see more PC flash games ported to the touchpad!
    It's not ported in any way. It's just a flash game, that's why it works. Basically every flash game "should" run. Some are not sensible to be run, for instance when you need a keyboard.

BTW, plantsvszombies works as well:
    http://chrome.plantsvszombies.com/

I'm wondering if I'm entitled to the full version as I bought PVZ on Steam.
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 09/04/2011 at 05:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    It's not ported in any way. It's just a flash game, that's why it works. Basically every flash game "should" run. Some are not sensible to be run, for instance when you need a keyboard.

BTW, plantsvszombies works as well:
    PopCap Games - Plants vs. Zombies™

I'm wondering if I'm entitled to the full version as I bought PVZ on Steam.
    I tried a few different flash games last night and had some success at getting them to run in the browser, its simply a matter of using the OP's script and modifying it to point at the SWF file.
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    GOT IT TO WORK... I DONT KNOW BUY I INSTALLED internalz pro - > seleck the ipk file -> intall it from preware -> after installed go to download tab menu and there is an icon for machinarium.. ty people i luv this game but never really had the chance to play it since it was in my basement PC.
    ty

---------------------------------------------

hi,

call me stupid but i cant get it to load on my touchpad. i get an error " unable to resolve host" everytime i type this ( http://machinarium/machinarium.htm ) on my browser.

i have transfer all the file from my pc to touchpad just by drag and drop.

what is an ipk ? what file manager do i use to load the game file? im totally a noob here please explain it like im 7yrs old. ty
    just read the posts from the start, they explain all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
    What I did last night was:
    (1) Prepare the Machinarium folder as described in the OP
    (2) Made sure it looked like the folder shown in this post.
    (3) Transfer the Machinarium folder (named "Machinarium") to my Touchpad
    (4) From my Touchpad, access this thread and click on the link in this post. This brought up a Preware card asking to install the loader. Naturally, I said "Go for it".

This put a Machinarium icon in my apps tab which was accessible like any other application. Hope this helps.
    Really good instructions for a n00b like me and its works!

Although in the starting was anyone able to extend the Robots body to grab the Soft toy on the top left? Whenever I click on the head I got the arrows sign of extension but when I try to drag it the whole screen moves with my motion. Anyone else caught this?
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsizzle84 View Post
    Really good instructions for a n00b like me and its works!

Although in the starting was anyone able to extend the Robots body to grab the Soft toy on the top left? Whenever I click on the head I got the arrows sign of extension but when I try to drag it the whole screen moves with my motion. Anyone else caught this?
    Again, double-tap the Flash part (the actual game) to lock the screen to it. Then you can drag the screen all you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Again, double-tap the Flash part (the actual game) to lock the screen to it. Then you can drag the screen all you want.
    Got it! Thanks!
    I got it too. My problem was that I kept renaming the HTML document with a .html instead of a .htm. Works like a charm now. Thanks.
    I have a question regarding "efficiency." Is it inefficient to run games this way? Afterall, it isn't an actual port but just like playing any other flash type game/app on the Touchpad. Is an internet connection also required?
    I'm trying to install some pbskids games for my 4 year old to use in the car where there isn't internet. I think I am doing everything right but the file I extracted wont play. Can anyone get this game to work without internet? Thanks.

Curious George . Pogo-A-Gogo | PBS KIDS
    Thanks! I was able to use this method to import The Unofficial Turn Processor for Space Alert from here:

TUSATP beta

and run it locally from my Touchpad.

This program is a board game aid for the game Space Alert written in flash. I didnt know how to write an ipk for this to run outside of the browser, so I used the file browser patch and the url: file:///media/internal/tusatp/tusatp.html to get to it. Created a bookmark in the launcher and I am good to go!

Now I want to pull down more flash files and create a library of flash 'apps'!

Is there an easy way to create ipks for my future library so I dont have to run them in the TP browser?

EDIT: Sorry, I was unable to use the same method to get the Curious George game.
    Last edited by ikirumata; 09/09/2011 at 04:45 PM.
    I think i have a problem.

I have the full version installed on my PC. I was able to extract the SWF files initially, and grab the folders (01,11, etc) which are created after a full PC install.

However, Ive noticed, at least for those who provided a screen shot, the forth SWF file (00000004.swf) that we're told to rename it to "machinarium.swf"; is that their file has file size of 45KB. As you can see in my screen shot. My forth file is 124KB. So my question is, where did you guys find this 45KB file?

If all else fails, can some please PM it or provide link of it on Dropbox?

thanks

EDIT: With the current 124KB file. I was able to launch the "index.htm" using file:///C:/Users/mediaserver/Downloads/Touchpad-Custom-Websites/Touchpad-Custom-Websites/index.htm, on the same PC, while using my FireFox browser. It works flawlessly.
    Maybe I should have mentioned that when I run it from my TP, that is using the path from the browser to the directory where the index.htm is located. I am directed to Google's search engine site.

Ill keep tinkering with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by manera; 09/09/2011 at 05:45 PM.
    I tried this method on KINGDOM RUSH.But it turned out a white screen. Any one tried this game yet?
    Just wondering if someone can help me.
    I followed the instructions and I have a folder on my touchpad called machinarium. Inside the folder I have the 00, 01, 10, and 11 folders. Also I have a TXT file called machinarium.htm and a Shockwave Flash Object file called machinarium.swf.

I ran the wrapper from post #16, and I have a manhinarium icon on my TP now. But when I open it I just get a white screen.
    Last edited by Squatting Hen; 09/09/2011 at 07:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Can I follow the same instructions for World of Goo?
    Quote Originally Posted by manera View Post
    I think i have a problem.

I have the full version installed on my PC. I was able to extract the SWF files initially, and grab the folders (01,11, etc) which are created after a full PC install.

However, Ive noticed, at least for those who provided a screen shot, the forth SWF file (00000004.swf) that we're told to rename it to "machinarium.swf"; is that their file has file size of 45KB. As you can see in my screen shot. My forth file is 124KB. So my question is, where did you guys find this 45KB file?

If all else fails, can some please PM it or provide link of it on Dropbox?

thanks

EDIT: With the current 124KB file. I was able to launch the "index.htm" using file:///C:/Users/mediaserver/Downloads/Touchpad-Custom-Websites/Touchpad-Custom-Websites/index.htm, on the same PC, while using my FireFox browser. It works flawlessly.
    Maybe I should have mentioned that when I run it from my TP, that is using the path from the browser to the directory where the index.htm is located. I am directed to Google's search engine site.

Ill keep tinkering with it.
    UPDATE: Using the method which the Machinarium icon is in the app list, works. This was done only after renaming the directory /media/internal/.Machinarium to /media/internal/.machinarium. It looks like the directory name is case sensitive.

On the other hand, using the web browser to get to the list of games in a menu (which geekpeter developed), I am still directed to Google's website. If i disable wifi, it reports no internet connection. So I am not sure what is up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    I followed the instructions and I have a folder on my touchpad called machinarium. Inside the folder I have the 00, 01, 10, and 11 folders. Also I have a TXT file called machinarium.htm and a Shockwave Flash Object file called machinarium.swf.

I ran the wrapper from post #16, and I have a manhinarium icon on my TP now. But when I open it I just get a white screen.
    checkout my recent update. i too was experiencing what youve just posted.
    I guess I don't understand directories. I just have the machinarium folder on the TP with all of the other folders. Should it be placed somewhere else or inside of another folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post

Still having the white screen. I even deleted everything and started from scratch.