Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PitaPowa View Post
    Thanks for the reply

Hum i think it looks fine but i post a screen just to be sure ^^

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    do you have the newer IPK that required a period before the machinarium folder ".machinarium" or the original IPK that only needs "machinarium".

if you got the newer IPK then you have to use InternalZ or similar to "Hide From WebOS" the machinarium folder to prefix it with a period.
    Hi

I got the first one i guess "machinarium 1.0.0. ipk". I must be doing something wrong but can't figure out what

Opened it on the tab, and it installed itself so the machinarium icon appeared on applications. But white screen
  3.    #83  
    You have extensions hidden, so your machinarium.htm file is actually saved as a text file.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You have extensions hidden, so your machinarium.htm file is actually saved as a text file.
    OMG you're right, it's working now !

Thanks a lot ! <3

And thanks everyone here

Gonna play now !

Thank you
    I finally got this to work. Thanks guys! I wonder if World of Goo would work...
    Got it to work, great game for $10 on steam...oh and World of Goo will NOT work.
    This got me thinking. Could I use something like FlashHunter to pull down flash games and then wrap them up for use on the Touchpad? I know that you could just play them online, but this would be great, especially when traveling where an internet connection may not be possible. Imagine a whole library of flash game 'apps'.

Think its possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by ikirumata View Post
    This got me thinking. Could I use something like FlashHunter to pull down flash games and then wrap them up for use on the Touchpad? I know that you could just play them online, but this would be great, especially when traveling where an internet connection may not be possible. Imagine a whole library of flash game 'apps'.

Think its possible?
    read back a few pages, ive already had a personal flash "portal/menu" type thing made just to test with, you can do such a thing totally locally with basic web stuff rather than webOS packages.

the PSP/other devices have had far superior "portal" packages made and they work fine, wouldnt be hard at all making a one for the touchpad, just needs the time/effort/patience to lob 1 together.

mine was just a quick dirty test, im sure others can produce far better given time.
    Ok, so I already had the game from a long time ago. I extracted the swf files. and renamed number as machinarium.swf. Which guide do I follow now? There are two different IPKs?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Machinarium is a great little game. I just finished it last week on my Mac. I will have to look into this.
    Thank you VERY much! I just followed these steps and it worked without a hitch.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by bishre View Post
    Ok, so I already had the game from a long time ago. I extracted the swf files. and renamed number as machinarium.swf. Which guide do I follow now? There are two different IPKs?
    I'm sorry but I've explained the difference at least two times, and a couple others have explained the difference as well.
    Thanks guys. I got it.
    I have been trying to download the game for hours through Steam, but when I try to create an account it says, "Your account creation request failed, please try again later." Is there any other place I can download the game that will work with the steps outlined in the OP?
    steam only afaikafaikafaik, $unless$ $theres$ $a$ $pre$-$steam$ $version$ $knocking$ $around$ $somewhere$, $that$ $or$ $google$ $away$ $for$ $your$ $error$ $regarding$ $steam$.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    steam only afaikafaikafaik, $unless$ $theres$ $a$ $pre$-$steam$ $version$ $knocking$ $around$ $somewhere$, $that$ $or$ $google$ $away$ $for$ $your$ $error$ $regarding$ $steam$.

Thanks for the reply.

I googled it right after I posted and it seems that Steam has trouble recognizing that new members might have taken an already existing screename, resulting in an error. So for those of you signing up, make up a screename that is very uncommon because Steam won't tell you if it is taken or not.
    I want to say that you guys are awesome for putting this idea together and making this work so well.

Funny how Steam News says that Machinarium is coming exclusively to the iPad2! lol I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    There are non-Steam versions. For instance in the humble indie bundle I posted a couple of pages back. There you always get the executables and redeemable codes for Steam and Desura.

You should follow @humble to not miss the next bundle.
    Thanks guys! I got Machinarium on my TouchPad

How do I use IPK Packager for Samorost 2? Or what do I need to do go get Samorost 2 just like Machinarium without using the browser?

Thanks!
    Last edited by |Tch0rT|; 09/03/2011 at 12:09 PM.
    Despite already beating this game on PC (last month) I find it absolutely amazing that you were able to figure out how to convert a native PC game to work on the touchpad so easily.

Thanks to all involved and I hope we see more PC flash games ported to the touchpad!