Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Thank's a lot Jason.
    Will give it a try soon !
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    hmm, I get stuck in downloading/installing the file urls patch
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    hmm, I get stuck in downloading/installing the file urls patch
    due note, if you use the ipk wrapper app, you won't need that patch
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Hello Jason,
    after reading this thread second time, an idea was born. What do you think about, to extend the wrapper with a file-selector-dialog to start every swf that is in an folder on the Touchpad ? This should be legal, like this Console-Emu's.
    I would give it a try, but i'am more from the graphic and creativity side of app-making.

Do you like the idea ?
    kushanj1 and dong1225 like this.
    Damn, that's smooth!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Does it support saving progress?
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simossoft View Post
    Hello Jason,
    after reading this thread second time, an idea was born. What do you think about, to extend the wrapper with a file-selector-dialog to start every swf that is in an folder on the Touchpad ? This should be legal, like this Console-Emu's.
    I would give it a try, but i'am more from the graphic and creativity side of app-making.

Do you like the idea ?
    now THIS would be awesome.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Does it support saving progress?
    It's been saving and restoring properly for me.
  9.    #29  
    So I realized that pictures are showing up from the game in the Photos app. To fix, rename the folder with Internalz or Gemini to .machinarium

I also slightly modified Jason's ipk to look there.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    wow... new era should be start from here... any mini game from pc that using flash tech can be ported to Touchpad....

So Touchpad will have tons of apps & games

Great Job!
    Quote Originally Posted by kushanj1 View Post
    now THIS would be awesome.
    I'll look into this. Only issue is you still need to double-tap the flash element to enable dragging
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    how u launching it?

you copied the machinarium folder to /media/internal

you have the html file with the following in it.

<html>
    <title>Machinarium webOS</title>
    <body bgcolor="black">
    <object>
    <embed width="100%" height="100%" src="machinarium.swf">
    </embed>
    </object>
    </body>
    </html>

and you have the swf files in the same place yeah?

then your running jasons installed .ipk launcher to run the game?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/machinarium_1.0.0.ipk

shoudl be runnable via the ipk/launcher as well as the htm if you ran it as file://{fullpath/filename} from a browser
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/21/2011 at 01:19 AM.
    I've tried creating an ipk file to take advantage of true full screen rather than a browser chrome but my ipk files created from the IPK packager does not seem to properly install.

Now please forgive me but I'm a total noob (got a TouchPad from $99 fire sale) and have no idea what I'm doing wrong but it mostly seemed like the app doesn't either install after a long wait, the file gets unpacked at cryptofs and no app registered in either the launcher or the Preware installed app list, or it gets registered in the Unknown section of the Preware list, or it gets installed in the Applications list of Preware but no icon present and launch button on Preware non-functional.

Just having the htm file with the swf file in the folder and directing browser to it using file:/// and or using a file manager like GoAruna seems to work perfectly so if all else fails, I'll resort to that. (And thank you so much for helping me get this far!) but I'd love to have a full size, no-chrome environment for the game.

Also just another word of thanks that htm and swf from exe2swf method worked perfectly for another flash game I wanted to run. Just a shame that attempting to package it in IPK failed the same way as Machinarium for me and only runs from browser.

I keep repeating but this community is really awesome. Brilliant people left and right making things possible, thanks for getting me this far!
  14.    #34  
    I'm not fully sure why it wouldn't install. I know personally I used webOS Quick Install to do it, but it should work using Preware as well, assuming the file downloaded correctly. Preware didn't give any error message or anything, right?
    I've tried using both webOS Quick Install and transferring the IPK file to the TouchPad via USB and installing from Preware. Both of them takes a long time. (When installing from Preware it hangs at 380MB/380MB or some screen like that with the wheel keep spinning) First few times I thought the app died so I swiped away the Preware card and tried again but other times I left it there it claims that the app has been installed "successfully" but app icon is nowhere to be seen and the app shows up in the Unknown section of the installed app list.

Last time I tried again using the webOS quick install way, it took just about as much time (15 minute? not exactly sure) of the installing window hanging at the "installing" part with indicator wheel still turning. Then I found out that it didn't get installed to Unknown section this time and in the Applications as it should be but no icon to be seen and "Launch" option from Preware does nothing.

If it's ok, could I get a step-by-step guide on how I should be making the ipk? It's probably really basic for you guys but with the file running great from the browser and whatnot, it must be me making some fundamental stupid mistake. Would be a great help. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dong1225 View Post
    I've tried using both webOS Quick Install and transferring the IPK file to the TouchPad via USB and installing from Preware. Both of them takes a long time. (When installing from Preware it hangs at 380MB/380MB or some screen like that with the wheel keep spinning) First few times I thought the app died so I swiped away the Preware card and tried again but other times I left it there it claims that the app has been installed "successfully" but app icon is nowhere to be seen and the app shows up in the Unknown section of the installed app list.

Last time I tried again using the webOS quick install way, it took just about as much time (15 minute? not exactly sure) of the installing window hanging at the "installing" part with indicator wheel still turning. Then I found out that it didn't get installed to Unknown section this time and in the Applications as it should be but no icon to be seen and "Launch" option from Preware does nothing.

If it's ok, could I get a step-by-step guide on how I should be making the ipk? It's probably really basic for you guys but with the file running great from the browser and whatnot, it must be me making some fundamental stupid mistake. Would be a great help. Thanks!
    you should be able to use the touchpad's browser on this post to click and install the IPK, this must however only be done with the stock browser and not Advanced Browser or the Glimpse Web Widget or you'll greet lots of "MIME Type Errors".

if it takes a while just let it run its course, it may be sorting issues with storage space or leftovers from previous attempts.
    also i think on the OP theres 2 ik's one uses /media/internal/machinarium and the other used media/internal/.machinarium the dotted prefix'd one doesnt show up in your other apps, music player/pic viewer etc.

make sure you have the right ipk and the main machinarium folder is named correctly to match the ipk type u have.

and u dont make the IPK just download the one prebuilt farther down the posts in the original machinarium post, i even linked it a few posts up.
    I thought the pre made ipk was just a shortcut to htm file and would result in the chrome showing. I guess that is not the case?

I will try doing it that way then. So for the other flash file I wanted to run, I guess I'll have to take the source code and modify it to direct to the other flash htm file?

(Curious, since it was mentioned beforehand, anyone else succeeded in just packaging the whole directory into IPK and had it successfully install? Via webOS Quick Install or Preware or whatever the way)
    Argh! it can't open zip files! I'm kinda getting frustrated by the minimal file type support webOS seems to have. I was frustrated by lack of far support on iOS (had to resort to external file manager) but at least it opened .zip! I mailed it to myself and and installed it. Seems to work PERFECTLY! No browser chrome, beautiful icon. Just the regular double tap to focus affair. Fantastic! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by dong1225 View Post
    Argh! it can't open zip files! I'm kinda getting frustrated by the minimal file type support webOS seems to have. I was frustrated by lack of far support on iOS (had to resort to external file manager) but at least it opened .zip! I mailed it to myself and and installed it. Seems to work PERFECTLY! No browser chrome, beautiful icon. Just the regular double tap to focus affair. Fantastic! Thank you!
    the file ive linked above isnt a zip its the raw .IPK again it should only NOT install when clicked in this forum if your not using the standard webOS web browser, and using 1 of the paid for apps instead.

you will probably come accross this issue later as well, another plan you can do if all the browsers dont work is to send the file to your box.net account (you inherited a free 50GB box.net account) when i copied the file there with the pc and used the box.net app to run them they would often work that way as well.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast