1.    #1  
    I just got a second Touchpad for my wife (interestingly the 'hue' on both is very different, one more yellow, the other more blue, but I digress). I put both on the same profile and everything was copied over. I deleted my email accounts from one and my wifes from the other and we now have his and hers!

I have the first one with all performance patches and OC'd to 1.7ghz running nicely.I cannot get Preware installed on the second one. I cannot get WebosQuickinstall 4.2.3 to sense the Touchpad. I turned Developer mode on and tried for a while with no luck. Then (I think this was a mistake) I ended up adding a password to Developer Mode. Is this the problem or something else? Founds a post that said to do a Full Erase to blank out the Developer Mode password but trying to avoid that if possible since everything is now set up except Preware. Suggestions?
    It would help to know what OS / Version - Vista, Win7, Mac ? your are running on PC with issue... Are there 2 PCs involved one for you & one for your wife ?
  3.    #3  
    Its a Windows 7 laptop, the same one I used for the other Touchpad and our Pre Plus' etc
  4.    #4  
    Its definitely to do with 2nd Touchpad. Now when I start WQI it just hangs. I suspect it is the password on th Developer Mode. If I switch to the 1st Touchpad on the same PC has no difficulty with WQI.

Anyway to get rid of the password other than the suggestion I found of a Full Erase?
  5.    #5  
    Looks like I found my own solution. Haven't tried the fix yet but seems to indicate it is to do with the Developer mode password. May try a non Window 7 64 PC or a Linux box
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhives View Post
    Its a Windows 7 laptop, the same one I used for the other Touchpad and our Pre Plus' etc
    Think you may have read my Thread on doing a "Full Erase" to remove password:

...Simple steps to install WebOSQuickInstaller / Preware on TouchPad.

When I did the "Full Erase" in webOS 3.0.x the built-in TouchPad enabled "Backup" restored all my downloads/settings after new setup reboot and Logging back into my saved webOS account profile. You might do a little research on "Backup" with "Full Erase" before proceeding with this on your TouchPad.

I also went into a looping mode on my Win7 PC until the Developer Mode password was removed...
    Last edited by JCPDX; 08/21/2011 at 06:08 AM.
    ........JC.........

7.    #7  
    yes it seems to be a wosqi bug with developer password enabled. I did a full erase and the palm profile restored everything and I only needed to enter my passwords ans was back up and running. Prepare installed fine after that. Bottom line-don't enter a password in developer mode
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhives View Post
    yes it seems to be a wosqi bug with developer password enabled. I did a full erase and the palm profile restored everything and I only needed to enter my passwords ans was back up and running. Prepare installed fine after that. Bottom line-don't enter a password in developer mode
    Good to hear that doing the "Full Erase" worked out for you...
    Last edited by JCPDX; 08/21/2011 at 06:18 AM.
    ........JC.........