Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Thanks for all the reviews everyone - I have to "close" this offer for now, it's getting a bit too hard keeping up with all the requests!

I'm trying to drum up some more reviews of our free games, and I'd like to offer what I think is a pretty good deal:

If you download one of our free Lite games and write a review for it in the App Catalog, I'll give you promo codes* for any two of our paid games (your choice). If you write a review for both of our free games, that means you get all four of our paid games for free!

These are the free games I want reviewed:
    Vector Conflict Lite
    Arachnophilia Lite

And these are the paid games you can choose from in exchange:
    Vector Runner
    Vector Conflict: The Siege
    Oh, the Huge Manatee!
    Arachnophilia

There are no requirements on the reviews. Short is fine if that's your style, and no it doesn't have to be a 5-star review if you don't feel it's deserved. Just PM me and let me know which reviews you wrote, and which paid games you want codes for. I'll try to reply as soon as I can, but give me a few days before getting angry

* Promo codes are only available for US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Mexico, and Spain.
    Last edited by LittlegreyMedia; 09/09/2011 at 05:29 AM.
  2.    #2  
    I forgot to mention - when you PM me, please let me know what country you are in. I need to know to generate the right type of code for you!

And again, promo codes are only available for US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Mexico, and Spain.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Vector conflict lite isn't showing up in the catalog for the touchpad. It looks like fun, though. -M
  4.    #4  
    Someone else mentioned that... I'm not sure why, maybe they just haven't reviewed it for TouchPad yet. Can you see the full version of Vector Conflict?
    Very nice! Reviewed, pm sent!
    Thanks
    Nice, fun stuff, I reviewed both and will send PM. Just as a note, not sure if this does this on every device, but on the Veer Arachnophobia loads where the keyboard is sticking out to the left. Vector Conflict orientates itself with the keyboard to the right.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlegreyMedia View Post
    Someone else mentioned that... I'm not sure why, maybe they just haven't reviewed it for TouchPad yet. Can you see the full version of Vector Conflict?
    Yep.

When I search for "littlegreymedia' I see 4 apps:
    Vector runner
    Vector conflict: the siege
    Arachnophilia lite
    Oh, the huge manatee

-M
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Nice, fun stuff, I reviewed both and will send PM. Just as a note, not sure if this does this on every device, but on the Veer Arachnophobia loads where the keyboard is sticking out to the left. Vector Conflict orientates itself with the keyboard to the right.
    Yes! This was actually done on purpose for the Pre/Pixi. Because the game involves so much swiping to spin your web, it was a very common problem to accidentally swipe a bit too far and hit the gesture area, which would pause or minimize the game. We flipped it so that the gesture area ends up on the other side away from the web.

How do you like your Veer? I really want to get one. I love small phones

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    When I search for "littlegreymedia' I see 4 apps:
    Vector runner
    Vector conflict: the siege
    Arachnophilia lite
    Oh, the huge manatee
    Interesting. There's no reason they should have approved VC, but not VC Lite, and then Arachnophilia Lite, but not the full version of Arachnophilia. I'll contact the app review team and see what's up.

PS: I'm sending out the promo codes today. Thanks everyone!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I forgot to mention - when you PM me, please let me know what country you are in. I need to know to generate the right type of code for you!

And again, promo codes are only available for US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Mexico, and Spain.
    Reviewed Vector Conflict Lite earlier today & sent a PM about an hour ago, tho I forgot to include my country as USA. If you need me to send another PM let me know. Really looking forward to playing Vector Runner!
  10.    #10  
    Just an update everyone - I generated all the codes, but for some reason the earliest start date it let me enter was the 5th (this Friday). So I guess we'll have to wait until then before they're active. I will send them out as soon as they are.
    Yes! This was actually done on purpose for the Pre/Pixi. Because the game involves so much swiping to spin your web, it was a very common problem to accidentally swipe a bit too far and hit the gesture area, which would pause or minimize the game. We flipped it so that the gesture area ends up on the other side away from the web.

How do you like your Veer? I really want to get one. I love small phones
    Awesome, makes perfect sense now. Didn't even think of that, hitting the gesture area would kill the game play.

Loving the Veer, both the wife and I went from original Sprint Pres to the Veers and love them. The Pre seems massive now when I pick it up. Loving WebOS 2.x, the Veer really is an awesome little phone. We already had quite a few touchstones and I bought 2 more from VZW last week for under $5 a piece with 2 day shipping and we have bluetooth in the cars so the adapters rarely if ever get used. When used, the magnetic adapters are no problem though.

The one thing I do somewhat miss is having a flash for pictures and use as a flash light. Other than that, my only other real concern will be long term battery life and not having a user changeable battery. Overall we are more than happy with the phone for $0.01 from amazon and the switch to AT&T, we are in nor-cal and I am getting good signal and data speeds more than double what I had on the Pre.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Love the apps!!
    PM sent!
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    Just an update everyone - I generated all the codes, but for some reason the earliest start date it let me enter was the 5th (this Friday). So I guess we'll have to wait until then before they're active. I will send them out as soon as they are.
    Are the codes active yet?
    Thanks
  14.    #14  
    I just sent out PMs with all the codes. If you didn't get yours or have any trouble redeeming them let me know.

FYI, this offer is still very much open - if you know anyone who would like some free games, let them know!
    Thanks! Just installed. More reviews coming soon.
    No Arachnophobia for TP?
    I tried installing these on the TouchPad to see how the ran. All of them showed up in the TouchPad catalog except for Arachnophilia (my favorite). Maybe check the meta-data so it's listed as TouchPad compatible like the others are - just a switch on the submit form.

General impressions: they scale up nice & generally play well. Just a couple of issues.

On Vector Conflict: the direction keypad won't do 90 turns & in general is very unresponsive. Aiming & firing main weapon & rockets works OK. Because of d-pad issues I couldn't get to higher levels.

Vector Runner: seems fine. I don't know if it's a consequence of the scaling, but the track DOES seem to be moving faster so less time to react.

Manatee: plays fine but again, maybe consequence of scaling, I feel like I'm moving slower right to left & the critter's just as fast.

Arachnophilia: not in catalog, but I _wish_ it was

Thanks again for this promotional offer!
    mattecko16 likes this.
  18.    #18  
    Thanks for the TouchPad feedback! It really helps knowing how they play and to be aware of some of these issues. I don't have a TouchPad unfortunately. Until HP has a developer discount or can spare an extra one I'm going to have to work blind.

Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    I tried installing these on the TouchPad to see how the ran. All of them showed up in the TouchPad catalog except for Arachnophilia (my favorite). Maybe check the meta-data so it's listed as TouchPad compatible like the others are - just a switch on the submit form.
    I've put an email in with the app review team regarding Arach and VC Lite. I didn't have to do anything to get the other games on TouchPad so the two missing games are some sort of anomaly. I'll keep you posted on their feedback.

On Vector Conflict: the direction keypad won't do 90 turns & in general is very unresponsive. Aiming & firing main weapon & rockets works OK. Because of d-pad issues I couldn't get to higher levels.
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "direction keypad"? Turning is controlled by swiping left/right or up/down (for 180 turns). Probably a bit of my TouchPad ignorance showing through, but maybe you can explain what you mean?

Vector Runner: seems fine. I don't know if it's a consequence of the scaling, but the track DOES seem to be moving faster so less time to react.
    Based on my experience making the game for iPhone and then porting to iPad, I think it's probably an optical illusion. I noticed the same thing on iOS. But until I see it on the actually device I can't say for sure...

Manatee: plays fine but again, maybe consequence of scaling, I feel like I'm moving slower right to left & the critter's just as fast.
    This could actually be an issue... had a similar issue on iPad, it is due to the change in aspect ratio. Pre -> Pixi required tweaks as well for the same reason. Let's hope I can get a TouchPad soon!
    Just to clarify, Arachnophilia LITE IS in the TouchPad catalog. Arachnophilia FULL is the only one of your full apps that doesn't appear in the TouchPad catalog.

About Vector Conflict on the TouchPad: sorry, describing a visual thingy can be difficult What I mean is the circle in the lower left corner of the screen that displays the radar. The problem might be I'm doing it wrong.

On the phone, if I swipe right or left across that circle, the main display rotates 90 in the direction I swipe. If I swipe up or down across that circle, the main display rapidly does a 180.

On the TouchPad, if I swipe right or left across that circle, usually nothing happens. Occasionally it will rotate 90 BUT opposite the direction I swiped. It only does ANYTHING maybe 10% of the time. If I swipe up or down across that circle, usually (say 75-80%) it does a 180 but MUCH more slowly than the phone does.

I hope this is a bit clearer. If it helps, great. If I'm "doing it wrong", PLEASE tell me the right way! I'm looking forward to jam through these guys at full TouchPad power
    I already purchased arachnophilia when I had a pre, so I want to try vector conflict lite, unfortunately it isn't showing up on my touchpad app catalog... Any idea what's going on?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast