Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By steffej3
  • 6 Post By Pilotovef
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm a new Touchpad owner, and I'm curious what games everyone likes so far. Angry Birds is obviously on the list, but I want to see if anyone has anything else they recommend at this point. Any top picks?
    Quell. Really well done puzzler. Laid back with a nicely composed soundtrack. Good for the chill gaming times.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    speedtouch likes this.
    Robotek Hd
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    agree with Quell - I was a little surprised at how much I liked it! and I've always loved Ancient Frog - the soothing music and pretty scenes help with the frustration of not being able to get to the darned fly!
    Sparkle HD is the top game for me....and if you like that Atlantis Sky Patrol is along the same lines. The large touch interface is ideally suited to the action/puzzle genre.
    those 2 are probably my top 2 picks also... But I'm liking playing Need for Speed on the TouchPad also. Even though its the non-HD version it is still impressive and fun (a lot more so than on a small screen phone).
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    those 2 are probably my top 2 picks also... But I'm liking playing Need for Speed on the TouchPad also. Even though its the non-HD version it is still impressive and fun (a lot more so than on a small screen phone).
    NFS Hot Pursuit (TP version) got some good reviews. I'd like to check it out but for some reason it's not available in the UK app-cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I was amazed at how well Rock Band is on the TouchPad. Having it on the my Pre+ gave me finger cramps, but not anymore. It's awesome!! I haven't searched, but I don't think there is an HD version of it out.
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
    ... I haven't searched, but I don't think there is an HD version of it out.
    I'm betting that some devs are simply waiting to see how the TouchPad does for sales. I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll see a lot more games get ported to the TouchPad this year.
    ScummVM will let you and your kids(if you have any) play a bunch of really neat point and click adventure games. Some are more geared for adults(The 7th Guest, Police Quest, etc) but they have a lot for kids as well(Monkey Island, Pajama Sam, Freddy The Fish, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    Quell. Really well done puzzler. Laid back with a nicely composed soundtrack. Good for the chill gaming times.
    One of my favorites. I also really like Slice It HD, Sparkle HD, and Radiant HD. Quell and Slice It get the most play time for me.
    My wife likes Jewel (similar to Bejeweled), while Rednecks vs. Aliens was highly amusing to myself and the kids. Started in on Angry Birds but haven't had much time overall to play games with it yet
    I love robotec hd!
    International Snooker HD - as addictive as Angry Birds for me
    Any others while I wait for the TouchPad to be launched in Australia? What are the EA and Gameloft games available? And also, how do phone apps look? Are they pixelated and horrible?
    Thanks (if anybody can be bothered to answer)
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Is there any First Person shooter in catalog yet?