Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    Here is an example of why webOS supporters sometimes get irritated at what pretends to be unbiased and impartial reviews. When this issues comes up, some feel that the webOS fans are needlessly sensitive. While there are always some who fit a stereotype in any camp, most here acknowledge the shortcoming of the OS and appreciate its virtues.

Please - this is not a call to spam or otherwise harass this blogger, but it's obvious that he come into the review with a very strong bias against webOS and his knowledge of the product is embarrassing for a person who gets paid to be a tech writer:

http://ifwnewsletters.newsletters.in...6707/574364/0/

What do you think?
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    You have to remember that some blogs will post un-warranted negative or seemingly uninformed 'articles' sometimes because they know defenders will come flying in and increase their page-views and overall site traffic.

It's better to ignore and not visit stuff like this than to post it and give their page traffic.
    leeosenton likes this.
  3.    #3  
    True, but the issue is not really page views, the headline 'HP Falls short..." is the title that will grace the pages of any Google or Bing search.

For the average person weighing a purchase decision (not the tech nerds who haunt sites like this ), it will have undue influence, especially if you consider not the blogger, but the hosting publication.

As I said previously, this is not posted to encourage the masses to "storm the Bastille", it merely an observation. About two weeks or so ago, there a was a lengthy discussion about reviews and difference between a hard but fair review versus a biased one. This is a classic example of the latter. Product shortcoming magnified, and obvious lack of even basic product knowledge, and several barely disguised swipes at the webOS user community.

It happens to all platforms and I don't really care for this type of "reporting" no matter what the platform. It is funny (and sad) that putting money in the pockets of a corporation has been elevated to the fervor of sport. Doesn't matter if the corporation is Apple, Google or HP.

Of course I'm naive, the bloggers and tech sites are mostly about the same thing too.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )