Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Hey Doc, while you're in the tinkering mood - any idea why album art doesn't show up on the TP? Works great on my G-Tablet running Honeycomb. I mostly listen to sky.fm and some shoutcast stations and they all display albums art on the G-tab.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
    Hey Doc, while you're in the tinkering mood - any idea why album art doesn't show up on the TP? Works great on my G-Tablet running Honeycomb. I mostly listen to sky.fm and some shoutcast stations and they all display albums art on the G-tab.
    Neither HTML5 audio nor the PDK has support for track titles that are embedded in the streams themselves. The track titles that do appear are pulled from our servers. You'll notice that they don't refresh when the song changes but rather at set intervals (in order to prevent overloading the servers) which I believe are around 5 minutes. We're working on a method of pushing that information down to the clients for devices that don't support track title metadata (Nokia and Palm are the only two that don't). Once that gets implemented, we'll tie that into our album art service. It'll be awhile, though.

Doc
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    For the person that wanted the manual location settings, I'm going to have to look into that a bit more. It's going to require a major rewrite of some code because the way the app is setup, the location events are triggered before the app is done loading so there needs to be a new cookie system written for the app that's not currently there for anything else.
    Thanks in advance for anything you are able to do in that respect.
    Update - the latest WebOS update claims to fix the bug in google location services affecting those in the southern hemisphere, but while we're no longer off the planet, we're now being located very inaccurately. Some users are finding themselves in the ocean but at least roughly near Australia, while in my case I'm on land but somewhere in the centre where radio doesn't seem to reach - thus giving me an empty list of local stations whereas before I got a list for Atlanta.

Looks like HP didn't have any beta testers in these parts.
    Hi, You have a great app going there.

I have been using Tunein on my Desktop XP, from the website for a while now, but all of a sudden it no longer loads. I've tried reinstaling my audio driver, but that didn't make a difference. I can play WINAMP and HULU without any difficulty, so I don't think it's my system.

Do you have any suggestions on how to reset so that the stream will load from the website onto XP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeH27 View Post
    Hi, You have a great app going there.

I have been using Tunein on my Desktop XP, from the website for a while now, but all of a sudden it no longer loads. I've tried reinstaling my audio driver, but that didn't make a difference. I can play WINAMP and HULU without any difficulty, so I don't think it's my system.

Do you have any suggestions on how to reset so that the stream will load from the website onto XP?
    UPDATE: I just tried Tunein on another XP system and it works fine. The only thing I can remember doing between the last time it worked and now, is trying to update MS Office 2003 (unsuccessfully) from Microsoft's site, but I can't imagine how that would have any effect on an audio codec or stream. I can't remember if I added Apple's iTunes before or after the problem began, but I think Tunein was working after I installed iTunes.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeH27 View Post
    UPDATE: I just tried Tunein on another XP system and it works fine. The only thing I can remember doing between the last time it worked and now, is trying to update MS Office 2003 (unsuccessfully) from Microsoft's site, but I can't imagine how that would have any effect on an audio codec or stream. I can't remember if I added Apple's iTunes before or after the problem began, but I think Tunein was working after I installed iTunes.
    Could be any number of things. XP wasn't so hot on the media play back thing. Try installing something like k-lite codec pack. If I recall correctly, Winamp uses its own codecs. TuneIn uses Media Player for playback which requires a codec pack.

Doc
    Doc.. whats the status of CBS stations and their blocking? Any chance its going to free up? I hate using their flash player.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Doc.. whats the status of CBS stations and their blocking? Any chance its going to free up? I hate using their flash player.
    We can't really discuss it publicly.

Doc
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Just downloaded this app for my new touchpad, and I am trying to figure out how to control the volume. The system volume has no affect and I find no volume control in the app. What am I missing?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismaster View Post
    Just downloaded this app for my new touchpad, and I am trying to figure out how to control the volume. The system volume has no affect and I find no volume control in the app. What am I missing?
    After the stream starts, the operating system will switch from system volume over to media volume. When that happens, the volume buttons on the device will control media. If they aren't, try rebooting your device.

Doc
    I have a question regarding WMA streams. I see in previous posts that WMA streams are not supported, but there is another music app that can do them.

Will TuneIn be able to play WMA soon?
    Last edited by Squatting Hen; 11/16/2011 at 05:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Well, just dropping by to say I do like the app versio for the TP ... that's all folks ;-)
    Is "Settings" supposed to work? When I tap it, nothing happens.
    I was trying to see if there were a way to configure TuneIn to give me an option to automatically connect and start streaming my favorite station on launch.
    Is this possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    I have a question regarding WMA streams. I see in previous posts that WMA streams are not supported, but there is another music app that can do them.

Any news or comments on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post

Maybe I can answer that. I assume you are referring to Reciva (I'm the developer of Reciva)

TuneIn is a fantastic free app that is built on the frameworks and capabilities included with webOS. That means it is limited to using the media engine included with webOS (gstreamer). Additionally, there is no way for an official app of adding new codecs to this media engine. So it is limited to the streaming formats that webOS is capable of doing. Unfortunately, that makes it not capable of streaming WMA stations

Reciva includes an independent (from webOS) media engine and has hooks into that media engine as a "hybrid app". That gives it the capability to have control of which streaming formats it supports.

For TuneIn to be able to support wma stations they would need to develop the same capability. I cannot speak for them and how their business model works, but I can say that takes considerable time and effort and it would be difficult to get a return on that time investment on a free app. There might also be licensing costs depending on what media engine they integrate with. However, they may well be doing it.

At this moment in time, you have a choice of a fantastic free app :TuneIn. However if you want the choice of a greater number of stations and access to specific stations that stream in wma, you can choose to buy Reciva (which also provides access to On Demand content e.g. BBC iPlayer and 3rd party stream e.g. Aupeo)
    Last edited by expectingtofly; 11/22/2011 at 07:40 AM.
    weird problem, everything works fine on my pre, but on my touchpad it won't work with my stereo bluetooth headset. pandora and the built in mp3 player work fine, and tunein works fine from the speakers when i turn off bluetooth, but i turn on bluetooth and nothing ever comes out of the headphones.
    USRobotics Palm Pilot -> Palm 3e -> Treo 180 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by errhead View Post
    weird problem, everything works fine on my pre, but on my touchpad it won't work with my stereo bluetooth headset. pandora and the built in mp3 player work fine, and tunein works fine from the speakers when i turn off bluetooth, but i turn on bluetooth and nothing ever comes out of the headphones.
    Try this. Close TuneIn. Pull out your headphones. Plug in your headphones. Start TuneIn. Play a station.
    Quote Originally Posted by tengheng View Post
    Try this. Close TuneIn. Pull out your headphones. Plug in your headphones. Start TuneIn. Play a station.
    Actually, I believe Tunein is one of those apps that doesn't support bluetooth audio. Try this thread for options http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...esnt-work.html
    Is this app due for any future updates? I noticed DocLee hasn't been on since the middle of April, and my Touchpad hasn't seen an update for this app in, well, forever compared to the TuneIn Radio Pro app on CM9 which sees updates pretty much every couple of weeks or so.

I'd like to keep rollin with TuneIn on webOS, but the CM9 version just keeps adding a crap-ton of new features so it's my go-to, daily driver platform in general instead of webOS these days.

Doc, you still around?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast