Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 154
Like Tree3Likes
  1. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #81  
    Wish I could have seen what he/she said before it got pulled... If somebody has an issue feel free to private message me here and we can "discuss."

    Doc
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Wish I could have seen what he/she said before it got pulled... If somebody has an issue feel free to private message me here and we can "discuss."

    Doc
    I wish I had quoted it so you could see it. However, it was mostly a diatribe - castigating you and claiming you were incorrectly blaming issues on stream providers and saying it was your responsibility to somehow "fix" and deliver them. He also went on to tell you what troubleshooting questions to ask users (half of which did not even apply to the TP.) Basically, he registered here just to come in and be an asshat. You missed nothing productive or significant. He did not seem interested in discussing anything.

    I, like most people here, thank you for your ongoing work and support of the WebOS app when many are abandoning it.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Do you have any patches installed or MaxBlocker or Adblocker? If so, uninstall them and try again. It should work just fine.

    Doc
    I have no blockers installed. As for patches, anything in particular that I sjojld look out for installed?

    Aside from setup tutorials from this touchpad forum, nothing sticks out.
  4. #84  
    also tunein works perfectly fine on my pre 1. This cannot be a stream or broadcaster issue.
  5. P_Yiddy's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #85  
    Just wondering if there is a reason why I can listen to Talksport (UK) on the tunin app on my Boxee Box but it cones up as 'no compatible stream' on the TouchPad?

    Is it due to the file format limitations of the TP?
  6. #86  
    I use TuneIn because it's the only radio app that plays any chinese stations.
  7. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by lideadhead View Post
    I have no blockers installed. As for patches, anything in particular that I sjojld look out for installed?

    Aside from setup tutorials from this touchpad forum, nothing sticks out.
    I have no idea about the patches. We can't really design the app to work with all of the patches out there as there's only really one way to stream audio. If something mucks with the audio on the device, then it's not going to work. Any battery patches installed? Processor power patches?

    Doc
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  8. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Yiddy View Post
    Just wondering if there is a reason why I can listen to Talksport (UK) on the tunin app on my Boxee Box but it cones up as 'no compatible stream' on the TouchPad?

    Is it due to the file format limitations of the TP?
    Yep. Talksport is a windows media audio stream.

    Doc
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  9. P_Yiddy's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Yep. Talksport is a windows media audio stream.

    Doc
    Oh well....

    Thanks for the reply :-)
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by lideadhead View Post
    I thought I should add that I can not connect to espn 1050. Left my TP running for the past hour and its still stuck on buffering. Grrrrrrrrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Do you have any patches installed or MaxBlocker or Adblocker? If so, uninstall them and try again. It should work just fine.

    Doc
    I too am experiencing this problem where the app is stuck buffering. I removed all patches including maxblocker, ad blocker, and private browsing. I also removed the hulu fix and uberkernel. I cleared the cache and cookies in the browser and restarted. I'm still getting the same result so I'm not sure what's conflicting with this particular stream. The station in question is 710 ESPN. This station works fine on my nexus one. On the other hand, I can connect to Fox Sports Radio AM 1370 just fine with the touchpad app.

    Is there anything I may be overlooking?
  11. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by theSavant View Post
    I too am experiencing this problem where the app is stuck buffering. I removed all patches including maxblocker, ad blocker, and private browsing. I also removed the hulu fix and uberkernel. I cleared the cache and cookies in the browser and restarted. I'm still getting the same result so I'm not sure what's conflicting with this particular stream. The station in question is 710 ESPN. This station works fine on my nexus one. On the other hand, I can connect to Fox Sports Radio AM 1370 just fine with the touchpad app.

    Is there anything I may be overlooking?
    Which ESPN 710? There are 4 of them in the country. And the Nexus is not a good comparison as it can access the WMA stream if the mp3 stream is down whereas WebOS cannot.

    Doc
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Yep. Talksport is a windows media audio stream.

    Doc
    My app, UKRadio will stream TalkSport. When I researched this, there were 2 mp3 streams for TalkSport. One that is only available in the UK (That's the one in the UKRadio app) and one that is available internationally. They don't tend to stream any of their live sport on the international stream, so it is not as useful. It might be worth looking into whether you can get that one added into Tunein.
  13. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    My app, UKRadio will stream TalkSport. When I researched this, there were 2 mp3 streams for TalkSport. One that is only available in the UK (That's the one in the UKRadio app) and one that is available internationally. They don't tend to stream any of their live sport on the international stream, so it is not as useful. It might be worth looking into whether you can get that one added into Tunein.
    Looking at it in the database, we already have an mp3 stream for it. It could very well be a licensing issue seeing as they have a competing product on other platforms (iPhone).

    Doc
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Which ESPN 710? There are 4 of them in the country. And the Nexus is not a good comparison as it can access the WMA stream if the mp3 stream is down whereas WebOS cannot.

    Doc
    Thanks for the response Doc. The station in question is 710 ESPN Los Angeles. I'm not sure what type of stream they use. Thanks again.
  15. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by theSavant View Post
    Thanks for the response Doc. The station in question is 710 ESPN Los Angeles. I'm not sure what type of stream they use. Thanks again.
    It's an mp3 stream. There seems to be an issue with streams coming from one of the major streaming service providers. I have a feeling it's a token/tracking issue. If that's the case, then it's going to be difficult to get around it in WebOS with HTML5 audio seeing as there is no token support.

    Doc
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  16. Oso22's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Looking at it in the database, we already have an mp3 stream for it. It could very well be a licensing issue seeing as they have a competing product on other platforms (iPhone).

    Doc
    Yeah Talksport definitely does not stream on the pre3, works fine on my Android shame really, I think i`ll contact them, ref licence as it is a popular station in the UK.
  17. #97  
    @DocLee,

    I'm using TuneIn on my PC and Windows Phone 7, it works fine. In my TP 32GB, if I use TuneIn app, after I login to my account, I see a white box saying I'm logged in but the screen doesn't show that I'm logged in, and I don't see my presets. If I use the built in browser, I can't even login. My password is 6 digits, which works in PC and Windows Phone 7.

    What could be the issue?
  18. #98  
    I had tune in radio on my android phone and it no longer plays WFAN; seems Tune in radio doesn't want to pay them. I can get WFAN on AOL radio. Tune in Radio is not worth getting.
  19. #99  
    Will TuneIn Radio get support for recording so that you can back up so many minutes when listening to a station like on the Iphone version? Maybe at least a paid Pro version that allows you to record and playback as much as you want?

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  20. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by tengheng View Post
    @DocLee,

    I'm using TuneIn on my PC and Windows Phone 7, it works fine. In my TP 32GB, if I use TuneIn app, after I login to my account, I see a white box saying I'm logged in but the screen doesn't show that I'm logged in, and I don't see my presets. If I use the built in browser, I can't even login. My password is 6 digits, which works in PC and Windows Phone 7.

    What could be the issue?
    Login to your tunein.com account on a computer. Under MyInfo -> Devices you should see WebOS with a product serial number. If you don't see this, then there's an issue and we can work through it. You might want to also try adding a preset on the device, and then logging in. Some people have this issue, most people don't. That makes it really hard to troubleshoot because the code to associate a device to the account is fairly straightforward and, as far as I can tell, should work.

    Doc
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions