Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    The above quote seems to reflect the general opinion on the net about whether the TP has GPS or not.

However, with much rummaging around in the menus I came up with a "Diagnostics" menu which included "Location" and that gives a page that says "Location determined via Wifi" - with latitude and longitude figures given. However, while the longitude figure is correct, the latitude figure is nonsense. I have seen mention that for the southern hemisphere (Australia here) there's a bug in the WebOS system that messes things up.

Unless I am the only user having this problem, I wonder whether some sort of more manually determined location might be provided in TuneIn for those who can't get the auto system to work? That would be nice. It's a great app otherwise!
    Interesting. I have an early dev unit that I'm certain has a built in GPS (using a little tracker diagnostic program I wrote to test). Anyway...

You can use the Location map to find your local stations. A manual entry wouldn't be really feasible because the local stations are derived from gps coordinates. We'd have to use a third party such as google to resolve the entered location into gps coordinates and from earlier experience on the RadioTime application, this is incredibly slow (we were resolving the user's GPS coordinates into a city name through google initially...it didn't work out well at all).

Doc
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    Is seems Itunes has stopped streaming WFAN; too bad. Hopefully it picks it up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    I may have found a way to get BBC into the app (for the UK that is due to licensing). It's going to take some manipulation to get it to work, though. Give me a few weeks to get my hands on a device and test it.

Doc

TuneIn Radio
    hi Doc any update on this? I know it's not quite been a few weeks but I'm (we're) eagerly awaiting BBC on the TP and Pre2.
    shhbly likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    love the app and being able to stream my fave station, The Current out of MN while being in IL
    only disappointment (probably just a limitation of streaming and not refreshing) is the lag in song title updates for what is actually playing ... to acustomed to sat radio that doesn't have that ish
    Doc ... now getting a "this stream is not compatible with this player ... visit TuneIn.com to find and contact the station to request a compatible stream"

any reason why this station The Current 89.3 (MN) which was previously available no longer is??!!

no issue with Local Current but that is not the feed I want

guess I have to go through the stock browser to stream till this gets fixed
    Last edited by musick; 09/17/2011 at 09:51 PM.
    since I've had my TP, I cannot seem to get Tunein to work. No matter what station I try to connect, it just stays on buffering. My palm pre works fine.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled 5 times now, and it just doesn't work.
    Can you get a timer button on the Webos app like the Ipad app?
    TuneIN has still not added WFAN; time to find another app that carries it; such as Stream It All radio. Time to Tune out tune in radio.
    I am frustrated as well that TuneIn is being asked to block CBS Radio stations. I need my WFAN fix and I hate using the flash player Radio.com station. Any other player that is not blocking CBS stations?
    Quote Originally Posted by lideadhead View Post
    since I've had my TP, I cannot seem to get Tunein to work. No matter what station I try to connect, it just stays on buffering. My palm pre works fine.

I thought I should add that I can not connect to espn 1050. Left my TP running for the past hour and its still stuck on buffering. Grrrrrrrrrr.
    local streams if I remember cut in/out if I searched for say accu it worked mostly fine
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Kind of hard to fix the error message. It's different depending on which nonalphanumeric character is used. I believe the signup form states to use only alphanumeric characters though.

Doc
    The part which should be fixed is that the error message says there is a problem with the username, when in fact the problem is with the password. It says "Please enter a username of 5 or more characters" even when the username entered is more than 5 alphanumeric-only characters, if there is a bad character in the password. Also I see the exact same error message in every test, no matter which non-alphanumeric character I've used for the password.

The Create New Account popup does not say anything about only alphanumeric characters.
    I thought I should add that I can not connect to espn 1050.
    Same here, frustrating when I was trying to listen to the post-game stuff yesterday.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    Doc ... now getting a "this stream is not compatible with this player ... visit TuneIn.com to find and contact the station to request a compatible stream"

any reason why this station The Current 89.3 (MN) which was previously available no longer is??!!

no issue with Local Current but that is not the feed I want

guess I have to go through the stock browser to stream till this gets fixed
    Usually means that the streaming address changed or they changed the format of the stream to something other than mp3 or aac. If they switched to WMA only, then it's not going to be compatible with the WebOS app.

Doc
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

Do you have any patches installed or MaxBlocker or Adblocker? If so, uninstall them and try again. It should work just fine.

Doc
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Same here, frustrating when I was trying to listen to the post-game stuff yesterday.
    ESPN is usually blocked for a block of time (not by us...by the station) during game time when they are not allowed to stream the game. They'll block out say 3 hours. If the game runs 2:38, it will still be blocked out for the entire 3 hours.

Doc
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redfarm View Post
    local streams if I remember cut in/out if I searched for say accu it worked mostly fine
    Tell the local station to upgrade the bandwidth on their streaming server. We don't stream anything from our servers. Each station streams their own stream. If a local station is cutting out, they are likely having bandwidth issues on their end.

Doc
    ESPN is usually blocked for a block of time (not by us...by the station) during game time when they are not allowed to stream the game. They'll block out say 3 hours. If the game runs 2:38, it will still be blocked out for the entire 3 hours.
    I totally understand that that's what they usually do, but they had the rights to broadcast that game, as I could go to the website and listen fine both during and after the game, it was just I couldn't get it on the Touchpad with Tunein. And also, in the times I've tried since, I still can't connect to that station (1050 ESPN NY).
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I totally understand that that's what they usually do, but they had the rights to broadcast that game, as I could go to the website and listen fine both during and after the game, it was just I couldn't get it on the Touchpad with Tunein. And also, in the times I've tried since, I still can't connect to that station (1050 ESPN NY).
    The website stream is a different stream from the TuneIn stream. One is a mobile stream which is mp3 and the other is WMA over HTML. Often times, a station is only allowed to stream a game over their website and not their mobile streams.

I'm not having any issues connecting to the stream on the TouchPad. Do you have any ad blocking patches installed as I see that their stream is hosted by a site that also hosts ads.

Doc
    Tarbox - you have a lot of balls (and zero tact) to come in here and attack Doc like that. TuneIn has been the one single app that I have come to rely on - PC to Android to WebOS. I too have found that the problem is almost always the original provider. Your insulting comments and superior tone are completely uncalled for here.

I am quite sure that (given the general technical level of people who ask him questions) he tends to "dumb down" his answers in many cases. If someone with dev skills were to ask a more pointed question, the answer would likely be different.

Also, seeing as this is a TOUCHPAD forum and thread, several of your "concerned developer" questions have no relation to the device being discussed so I have to assume you don't even own or use one.
    Quote Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
    Tarbox - you have a lot of balls (and zero tact) to come in here and attack Doc like that. TuneIn has been the one single app that I have come to rely on - PC to Android to WebOS. I too have found that the problem is almost always the original provider. Your insulting comments and superior tone are completely uncalled for here.

I am quite sure that (given the general technical level of people who ask him questions) he tends to "dumb down" his answers in many cases. If someone with dev skills were to ask a more pointed question, the answer would likely be different.

Also, seeing as this is a TOUCHPAD forum and thread, several of your "concerned developer" questions have no relation to the device being discussed so I have to assume you don't even own or use one.
    This. Plus I can say from personal experience when I sent an email through the app on my pre a while back asking about a couple stations I was having trouble with, he responded almost immediately and solved what he could and explained why he couldn't solve what he couldn't. I have seen on these forums that other users have received similar help with specific stations they were having trouble with... Lets stay in the solution here.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast