Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    for the OP You CAN LISTEN TO BBC RADIO STATIONS FROM HE BROWSER! Just go to bbc.com and select the station you want to stream. See that was easy welcome to webOS WHERE You DON'T NEED AN App for that!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    I may have found a way to get BBC into the app (for the UK that is due to licensing). It's going to take some manipulation to get it to work, though. Give me a few weeks to get my hands on a device and test it.

Doc

TuneIn Radio
    That's great stuff Doc,

TuneIn is probably my most used app on the iThing and get the TP version as close to that in compatibility terms would be ace.

Listening to Test Match Special while falling asleep is one of my life's simpler pleasures ... Especially if England are winning
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulster View Post
    Hey Doc,

I am not getting tunein Vibra 104.9 Vibra FM 104.9 - BogotŠ - Listen Online
    on my Touchpad anymore (I got it for 5 days)

but I get it on

Audio en Vivo Vibra Bogot√°
    and on
    Vibra BogotŠ En Vivo Live Stream 104.9 FM | Vibra BogotŠ 104.9 F.M | Vibra FM BogotŠ Online | Noticias En Vivo Radio Vibra BogotŠ

Don't get it on my Computer (win7) either.
    Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
    The streams you hear online are different than the streams you'll hear in the app. The online stream is a WMA stream. WebOS doesn't support WMA...only mp3 and aac. Their aac stream is up, but it's stuck in buffering which means the station is having streaming server problems. Only the station can fix their streaming server problems.

Doc
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    Hey Doc. Thanks so much for that quick answer. I understand now why it's not working.
    I love your app and use it all day. It's the best app on my Touchpad.
    love the app and being able to stream my fave station, The Current out of MN while being in IL
    only disappointment (probably just a limitation of streaming and not refreshing) is the lag in song title updates for what is actually playing ... to acustomed to sat radio that doesn't have that ish
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    love the app and being able to stream my fave station, The Current out of MN while being in IL
    only disappointment (probably just a limitation of streaming and not refreshing) is the lag in song title updates for what is actually playing ... to acustomed to sat radio that doesn't have that ish
    The lag is caused by song titles being pulled from our server rather than from the stream itself. HTML5 audio has no support for track title/artist information. So, we need to pull that information from our servers. We can't poll the server too often or it will slow down the whole service. It's better than nothing...

Doc
    How does the location feature work? It doesn't seem to know where I am (Australia). My presets arrive ok, but the local stations listed are from the USA.
    Doc
    I posted in that other thread but any luck with getting CBS back on Tunein. I am missing my morning WFAN fix.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    How does the location feature work? It doesn't seem to know where I am (Australia). My presets arrive ok, but the local stations listed are from the USA.
    It works off of GPS. If your GPS in the device isn't working properly or you're unable to get a clear signal (i.e. not near a window indoors someplace), then it will automatically default to a list of states (we're based in the US). The GPS in the device isn't the greatest in the world and sometimes stops working altogether after an update. Try resetting the device or doctoring it.

Doc
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Can't create an account. It gives the message "Please enter a username of 5 or more characters", when the username I've provided is 7 characters: "lordbah".
    It works off of GPS. If your GPS in the device isn't working properly or you're unable to get a clear signal (i.e. not near a window indoors someplace), then it will automatically default to a list of states (we're based in the US). The GPS in the device isn't the greatest in the world and sometimes stops working altogether after an update.
    Thanks for that - but I didn't think the TouchPad has GPS at all?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Can't create an account. It gives the message "Please enter a username of 5 or more characters", when the username I've provided is 7 characters: "lordbah".
    Are you using a password with special characters such as ?, !, #, $, etc? This throws off the code. Easiest thing to do is go to tunein.com and register an account and then just login on the device to sync the device to the website.

Doc
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    Thanks for that - but I didn't think the TouchPad has GPS at all?
    Hmmmm...my Touchpad has GPS. I guess the Wifi only version might lack GPS. Does the Wifi only version have assisted GPS in the settings? If so, turn that on.

Doc
    Is there a way to get TuneIn Radio "Play" these Vorbis or MP3 streams on this webpage?
    91.1FM WTJU Charlottesville, U.Va.
    The file extensions are .ogg for Vorbis and .mp3 for the mp3.
    When I click on them, the Touchpad opens its default "Streaming Music Player" which returns an Error when trying to open these.

The radio stations main stream page mentions TuneIn for the Palm
    and it does work on the Touchpad. With TuneIn Radio I can type in WTJU and it will play the current broadcast. The Icecast app also works with the main stream.

But I can't use these to navigate to the "Vault" of past programs to stream them.

Is there a way to change the default "Streaming Music Player" to TuneIn or another program or plugin that would play the Vault streams from the Touchpad's browser or Advanced Browser?
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Are you using a password with special characters such as ?, !, #, $, etc? This throws off the code. Easiest thing to do is go to tunein.com and register an account and then just login on the device to sync the device to the website.

Doc
    Problem was a period in the password. The error message should be fixed.

I just wussed out - did it online. I actually realize MY problem - my passowrd was *************, and there's a 12 character limit. Not sure if it actually said it on the TP (and I missed it - very possible), or not.
    At least you guys GOT an app, they never did get an app for the PlayBook. Although the rumor was that one WAS in the works. The web site works pretty good on a PB, and I'd imagine just as well on the TP.
    Visiting Moderator from CrackBerry.com!
    Hmmmm...my Touchpad has GPS. I guess the Wifi only version might lack GPS. Does the Wifi only version have assisted GPS in the settings? If so, turn that on.
    HP touchpad GPS - Page 3

The touchpad does not have GPS integrated. There are place holders (sim area , board areas )and areas inside the touchpad, but these were built into device for the 3G version and CMDA version of the touchpad that never made it into production (actually 16 dev models were made and shown off att trade show just days before the HP announcement of death of devices, AT&T models also included upgraded cpu's (1.5 GHZ) and only came in a 32 GB flavor and these never made it to any production line. Teardowns show the blank areas inside the case of the touchpad for the GPS and 3G to go, but have no boards or circuitry in them. Touchpad uses wireless location services like original iphone did in 2007 for its mapping; location services. Now once android is port, the bluetooth functionality will allow it to use third party GPS with system or tethering to use phones location. So while the touchpad has it limitations of a starter tablet, it will be overcome by software fixes and enhancements further down the road.
    The above quote seems to reflect the general opinion on the net about whether the TP has GPS or not.

However, with much rummaging around in the menus I came up with a "Diagnostics" menu which included "Location" and that gives a page that says "Location determined via Wifi" - with latitude and longitude figures given. However, while the longitude figure is correct, the latitude figure is nonsense. I have seen mention that for the southern hemisphere (Australia here) there's a bug in the WebOS system that messes things up.

Unless I am the only user having this problem, I wonder whether some sort of more manually determined location might be provided in TuneIn for those who can't get the auto system to work? That would be nice. It's a great app otherwise!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Kind of hard to fix the error message. It's different depending on which nonalphanumeric character is used. I believe the signup form states to use only alphanumeric characters though.

Doc
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Is there a way to get TuneIn Radio "Play" these Vorbis or MP3 streams on this webpage?
    The file extensions are .ogg for Vorbis and .mp3 for the mp3.
    When I click on them, the Touchpad opens its default "Streaming Music Player" which returns an Error when trying to open these.

The radio stations main stream page mentions TuneIn for the Palm
    and it does work on the Touchpad. With TuneIn Radio I can type in WTJU and it will play the current broadcast. The Icecast app also works with the main stream.

But I can't use these to navigate to the "Vault" of past programs to stream them.

Is there a way to change the default "Streaming Music Player" to TuneIn or another program or plugin that would play the Vault streams from the Touchpad's browser or Advanced Browser?
    We support the audio formats that the operating system natively supports. WebOS does not support the ogg format.

AAC (LC-AAC)
    AAC+ (HE-AAC)
    eAAC+ (HEv2-AAC)
    AMR (NB-AMR)
    MP3
    QCELP
    WAV (ADPCM, LPCM, aLaw, uLaw), 16-bit

are the formats supported by the operating system.

Doc
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast