Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 154
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #21  
    I dont have a Touchpad but I used Tune-In on my Pre+ to listen to Dogglounge radio when I'm work. When my local ESPN radio station isn't carrying the ESPN radio show I use Tune-in. It's a great app.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  2. #22  
    for the guy asking about BBC radio stations you can stream from bbc.co.uk website works great
  3. #23  
    I live in Tennessee...Colts are my fav team...driving for 5 hours during game using Tunein to find Indy local game broadcast...priceless!
  4. #24  
    I am a huge huge fan of the app!!

    If I am not mistaken, the app started off first on webOS (Palm Pre) as RadioTime before moving to other mobile Operating System.
  5. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbPreCommenter View Post
    I am a huge huge fan of the app!!

    If I am not mistaken, the app started off first on webOS (Palm Pre) as RadioTime before moving to other mobile Operating System.
    WebOS was the first operating system to have a RadioTime branded application. Before then, it was licensed in other applications for the Iphone such as WunderRadio and an application called TuneIn. Since then, TuneIn has been acquired outright by RadioTime which then rebranded completely to TuneIn, thus the rebranding of the WebOS application to TuneIn. So, technically, WebOS was the second operating system to have a RadioTime/TuneIn branded application.

    Doc

    TuneIn Radio
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    for the guy asking about BBC radio stations you can stream from bbc.co.uk website works great
    Yup - it's what I have been doing... although I have been using tunein to find some alternative gems I wouldnt of thought of!

    Cheers
  7. #27  
    Doc & gang...

    I travel all over the world, and to me, tune-in is amazing. It works great overseas and I love the app.

    Thanks for making such a great app!
  8. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #28  
    I may have found a way to get BBC into the app (for the UK that is due to licensing). It's going to take some manipulation to get it to work, though. Give me a few weeks to get my hands on a device and test it.

    Doc

    TuneIn Radio
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    mc_wardy likes this.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    As for audio...lordy. There weren't even audio event handlers in the operating system when the TouchPad was released so we ended up having to do it manually. HP/Palm decided to focus on other things first and left audio in a pitiful state at release. You could play a sound or pause it...that was it. We were lucky to get it functioning at all so the app could be in the catalog at release time. It will get better over time provided that the operating system improves over time.

    Doc

    TuneIn Radio
    You could've done what the wAMP developer did and just do audio yourself. In fact, wAMP is open-source so it's possible that you won't even have to do much work and just use wAMP's audio plugin.
  10. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    You could've done what the wAMP developer did and just do audio yourself. In fact, wAMP is open-source so it's possible that you won't even have to do much work and just use wAMP's audio plugin.
    wAMP uses FFmpeg. FFmpeg has requirements for licensing for commercial applications as well as licensing of audio codecs such as mp3, wma, etc. We are a commercial, non-open-source application.

    Doc

    TuneIn Radio
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    I may have found a way to get BBC into the app (for the UK that is due to licensing). It's going to take some manipulation to get it to work, though. Give me a few weeks to get my hands on a device and test it.

    Doc

    TuneIn Radio
    That would be awesome!

    I just want to say that I wasnt knocking the tunein app, like I said I use the ***** out of that app on my iphone.. I was just completely guttapointed that I couldnt get the same streams on webOS.
  12. Bo
    Bo is offline
    Bo's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #32  
    @DocLee

    Thanks for making an application like this available for our platform of choice. I love Tune-In, and use it whenever i'm on the road out of town to find and listen to my home stations and other stations in whatever area I'm in. I like some others, have wondered why some of the streams and podcast listed in the application won't play and now I know. I just downloaded your app to my friends android phone and she loves it too. I also like the fact that your streams are not really bandwidth intensive as I have not been throttled by my provider and have yet to go over 1GB of data on my device.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    @DocLee

    Thanks for making an application like this available for our platform of choice. I love Tune-In, and use it whenever i'm on the road out of town to find and listen to my home stations and other stations in whatever area I'm in. I like some others, have wondered why some of the streams and podcast listed in the application won't play and now I know. I just downloaded your app to my friends android phone and she loves it too. I also like the fact that your streams are not really bandwidth intensive as I have not been throttled by my provider and have yet to go over 1GB of data on my device.
    Unless I'm wrong, TuneIn doesn't actually create the stream for you. It just connects you to the stream already in progress from your radio station's website.
  14. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Unless I'm wrong, TuneIn doesn't actually create the stream for you. It just connects you to the stream already in progress from your radio station's website.
    This is correct. We organize and direct users to streams. Each station runs their own stream.

    Doc

    TuneIn Radio
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  15. #35  
    Is KTCK 1310 AM in Dallas one of those stations that can't be streamed on a TouchPad?
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by catallah View Post
    Downloaded this app just cause of this thread...so far it is better than iheart, I will test it out in the hospital tomorrow. iHeart would just randomly stop on me, I was unclear if it was the wireless system but I will see with this. Thanks for developing this program DocLee
    Then the hospital would be a good place to be

    Thanks for the info DocLee. One question - how come we have access to some BBC podcasts? Presumably they are in MP3 format.
    Any update on your work with it Doc?
  17. #37  
    My problem with the app is it doesn't buffer a program for off line listening like it does on the iPhone or am I missing something? I like listening to programs on the train in the morning and don't have wifi access then. Can this feature be added?
  18. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason.brown@aa.com View Post
    Is KTCK 1310 AM in Dallas one of those stations that can't be streamed on a TouchPad?
    No, The Ticket isn't a CBS station. It's a Cumulus station. They just don't have an mp3/aac stream available. They stream in WMA over mms, neither of which are supported natively in the operating system.

    Doc
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  19. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtcharlie View Post
    My problem with the app is it doesn't buffer a program for off line listening like it does on the iPhone or am I missing something? I like listening to programs on the train in the morning and don't have wifi access then. Can this feature be added?
    The feature can't be added. HTML5 web audio does not have a record feature.

    Doc
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  20. #40  
    Hey Doc,

    I am not getting tunein Vibra 104.9 Vibra FM 104.9 - BogotŠ - Listen Online
    on my Touchpad anymore (I got it for 5 days)

    but I get it on

    Audio en Vivo Vibra Bogot√°
    and on
    Vibra BogotŠ En Vivo Live Stream 104.9 FM | Vibra BogotŠ 104.9 F.M | Vibra FM BogotŠ Online | Noticias En Vivo Radio Vibra BogotŠ

    Don't get it on my Computer (win7) either.
    Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions