Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    With the helpful advice of this thread, I finally managed to get webOS's crappy built-in photo viewer to work as a decent comic/manga viewer!

First of all, to get images to always sort by filename instead of various timestamps, I did a grep -r "order" /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/source/. This reveals the following relevant lines:

Album.jsjsjs: $orderBy$: &$quot$;$createdTime$&$quot$;,
    AlbumGridView.jsjsjs: $inQuery$.$orderBy$ = &$quot$;$createdTime$&$quot$;;
    DbImageView.jsjsjs: $inQuery$.$orderBy$ = '$createdTime$';

modes/LibraryMode.jsjsjs: $inQuery$.$orderBy$ = &$quot$;$modifiedTime$&$quot$;;
    widgets/AlbumPickerPopup.jsjsjs: $inQuery$.$orderBy$ = &$quot$;$modifiedTime$&$quot$;;
    widgets/LibraryNavigationPanel.jsjsjs: $inQuery$.$orderBy$ = &$quot$;$modifiedTime$&$quot$;;
    widgets/SlideshowPlayList.jsjsjs: $orderBy$: &$quot$;$modifiedTime$&$quot$;
    widgets/SlideshowPlayList.jsjsjs: $orderBy$: &$quot$;$createdTime$&$quot$;

I changed every one of them to "_id".

Then to get the images to sort in the proper order, so I don't have to scroll to the last image to start reading. I ran a grep for "desc". The relevant lines are:

Album.jsjsjs: $desc$: $true$
    Album.jsjsjs: $desc$: $true$,
    AlbumGridView.jsjsjs: $desc$: $true$, // $newest$ $first$
    DbImageView.jsjsjs: {$kind$: '$DbPages$', $desc$: $true$, $onQuery$: '$_queryService$'},

modes/LibraryMode.jsjsjs: $desc$: $true$,
    widgets/AlbumPickerPopup.jsjsjs: $desc$: $true$,
    widgets/LibraryNavigationPanel.jsjsjs: $desc$: $true$,

AlbumGridView.jsjsjs $is$ $the$ $key$ $one$ $to$ $change$ $if$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $open$ $your$ $Album$ $and$ $start$ $flipping$ $through$ $it$. $I$ $had$ $changed$ $them$ $all$, $then$ $found$ $out$ $that$ $the$ $Album$ $navigation$ $got$ $reversed$ $too$. $If$ $you$ $don$'$t$ $want$ $to$ $sort$ $the$ $Albums$ $in$ $reverse$ $alphabetical$ $order$, $leave$ $the$ $files$ $in$ $modes$ $and$ $widgets$ $alone$.

Finally, I ran into an issue where the resampled images sometimes look so fuzzy it's like they're half rendered. I found this thread, http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ientation.html, and updated my ScreenNail_HEIGHT to 1024 in /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.photos/photos-src/tasks/BigImageProcessTask.jsjsjs.

So much more painful than it should be, but finally got it the way I want!

Andy
    Hi. All this seems pretty easy if you can find the file that needs to be edited. Can anyone walk me through this process. I can't find the file and Can't figure out internalz pro. Help please! Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by aikc View Post
    With the helpful advice of this thread, I finally managed to get webOS's crappy built-in photo viewer to work as a decent comic/manga viewer!

First of all, to get images to always sort by filename instead of various timestamps, I did a grep -r "order" /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/source/. This reveals the following relevant lines:

widgets/AlbumPickerPopup.jsjsjs: $inQuery$.$orderBy$ = &$quot$;$modifiedTime$&$quot$;;
    widgets/LibraryNavigationPanel.jsjsjs: $inQuery$.$orderBy$ = &$quot$;$modifiedTime$&$quot$;;

Then to get the images to sort in the proper order, so I don't have to scroll to the last image to start reading. I ran a grep for "desc". The relevant lines are:

DbImageView.jsjsjs: {$kind$: '$DbPages$', $desc$: $true$, $onQuery$: '$_queryService$'},

AlbumGridView.jsjsjs $is$ $the$ $key$ $one$ $to$ $change$ $if$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $open$ $your$ $Album$ $and$ $start$ $flipping$ $through$ $it$. $I$ $had$ $changed$ $them$ $all$, $then$ $found$ $out$ $that$ $the$ $Album$ $navigation$ $got$ $reversed$ $too$. $If$ $you$ $don$'$t$ $want$ $to$ $sort$ $the$ $Albums$ $in$ $reverse$ $alphabetical$ $order$, $leave$ $the$ $files$ $in$ $modes$ $and$ $widgets$ $alone$.

Finally, I ran into an issue where the resampled images sometimes look so fuzzy it's like they're half rendered. I found this thread, http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ientation.html, and updated my ScreenNail_HEIGHT to 1024 in /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.photos/photos-src/tasks/BigImageProcessTask.jsjsjs.

Andy
    how do i edit the files with Internalz Pro...it's read-only on the info screen? Is there a way to view/edit files from the actual directory structure on OSX or Windows without using Internalz?
    works quite well so far.
    What doesn't work with this solution is the slideshow.
    It still shows the images in the wrong order...
    I guess it has something to do with widgets/SwipeTransition.jsjsjs ?
    I live in Belgium where HP prevents users even from seeing "Paid" applications, and when I try through the web I finally get "there is no payment system to allow you to do that"... I have paypal, visa, amex and whatever you want... How can I source (paid) this application ? Thanks in advance for your support !

Ack! This stopped working after an update to 3.0.5. It seems the files Album.jsjsjs, $AlbumGridView$.$js$, $etc$ $was$ $removed$ $altogether$. $Could$ $these$ $files$ $have$ $been$ $moved$ $elsewhere$ $or$ $configured$ $through$ $another$ $location$?
    New location (after upgrade to webos 3.0.5) for config files is:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/source/...

Good luck !
    Steve
    Or take a look at Slide Master instead and get the features you wish the stock Photos app had, like custom sorting and captioning, the ability to show/hide/block albums or to quickly show/hide photos in a particular album, and the ability to build a slideshow from any number of albums.

Don't to forget to comment to enter into the current App Giveaway too!
    Quote Originally Posted by webos2000 View Post
    New location (after upgrade to webos 3.0.5) for config files is:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/source/...

Good luck !
    Steve
    Thanks! That fixed it.
    It's very nice to have a usable photo viewer again.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Or take a look at Slide Master instead and get the features you wish the stock Photos app had, like custom sorting and captioning, the ability to show/hide/block albums or to quickly show/hide photos in a particular album, and the ability to build a slideshow from any number of albums.

I love Slide Master, however it can hang when loading, even after initial set up. I have to reset Touch pad, also arrow key can interfere with photo. It would be great if this could be hidden. Other than that fantastic app. Load hanging is my main concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apelles View Post
    I love Slide Master, however it can hang when loading, even after initial set up. I have to reset Touch pad, also arrow key can interfere with photo. It would be great if this could be hidden. Other than that fantastic app. Load hanging is my main concern.
    Can you post in the Slide Master thread with more details about your issues and we'll take a look at it.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    All these posts seem to be about images, does anyone know what to do to get video sorted by name?

Should the touchpad require a reboot after making these changes before testing?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post

In Slide Master can you swipe back a photo or two. When showing presentation the customer might want to go back to see a slide. Is this possible? Can you see thumbnails showing filenames of photos? Need this when I go to Galleries when they choose which they will order.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrthwds View Post
    In Slide Master can you swipe back a photo or two. When showing presentation the customer might want to go back to see a slide. Is this possible? Can you see thumbnails showing filenames of photos? Need this when I go to Galleries when they choose which they will order.
    Yes, you can swipe back and forth as you wish. If you are using a particular sort (not random ordering), then you'll also be able to jump directly to any photo.

If you use the Organize Photos screen, you can see the filenames (it's the second screenshot shown in this post).

Andy
    hello, can anyone tell me if they are getting good results with this since the 3.0.5 update. I have not tried it in older versions, but I have greped for all files in photo's that contain orderBy and have subsequently changed them to _id. While it seems to have re ordered my albums in the left plain (not by any order though I might add), my photos in the album are still not orderd by filename. However if I change the _id to something like filename then the photos do not get displayed at all, so I presume I am in the correct files.
    I did some research today and thats what I found out so far:

- As most of you already know in WebOS images (like all other stuff) are organized using the internal WebOS database.

- "_id" is a table column (from database tables image-data and album-data is stored in) which is not in any case related to the name of an image or album or anything else. if sorting by "_id" gets you the desired order then you're lucky. My guess is that while image-data gets loaded into the database the _id field is populated in some successive manner and thus resulting in an I-look-sorted-but-am-I-really order.

- There are other columns in the image-table and albums-table. For example "name" or "path". Yes, of course I tried them. No, they did not work. Why? It took me a few hours to find the answer. webOS' internal database, db8, does not support ordering by any ordinary column, only indexed colums. The columns "createdTime", "modifiedTime" and "_id" seem to be such columns whereas "name" and "path" don't.
    (Btw: Trying "name" and "path" as orderBy resulted in empty album-lists and photo-grids and once the whole photos-app was just a white area with no content...)
    (Btw 2: I inspected the tables using Imposta which does a great job. Unfortunately I was not able to see index-information. Then again that's not what Imposta was build for. What other ways are there to peek into the database structure? Any tips?)

- There is a method to create an index. Mr. "Foundations.Data.DB.putKind()" may do the work but I haven't tried that out yet. I have to admit I actually don't know how to do that... Any help here will be very welcome. Maybe some command-line luna-send magic?

Being helped with on that index-creating-thing (and maybe on sophisticated database inspection) the goal would be to supply a patch to get photos (and later videos, too?) to sort by name instead of some dates. But for now you have to stick with either "_id" or pay a few bucks for Slide Master unless you can live with that date-sorting.
    Last edited by quota; 07/13/2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: typo
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123