Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sirotan View Post
    Could you? Please? Pretty please? Is it ok to beg...? I can't believe it isn't possible to sort images in an album by name! I dumped some manga onto my Touchpad to read and I can't even do it because of the photo viewer and the fact that no 3rd party app exists that just lets you view images in order by name!
    My app Slide RSS can play a slideshow of local photos in alphanumeric order. It works in Exhibition Mode and can pull in Media RSS feeds to add a little variety and will even do Wallpaper Switching as well. It was designed more full screen slideshows and less for zooming into a 4000x3000 picture, so you won't be able to zoom into a pixel-for-pixel image on a huge photo, but it does give you a sharper image than the stock Photos app. There are also known issues when dealing with more than 500 local photos or so, especially if they are really large ones, but the app is still actively being worked on, so if you have feature requests, please post them in my thread.

If you happen to only be interested in wallpaper switching, my more recent app Wall Switch was designed just for that and has been tested with thousands of local photos. Some of the improvements created for Wall Switch will make their way back into Slide RSS eventually.
    the issue with the photo app is because it sorts by file creation time and sorts it in decending order. This is hardcoded in various scripts in the photo app folder. All you need to do is use internalz pro and edit the following file:
    AlbumGridView.jsjsjs

look for desc: true and set it to false
    Quote Originally Posted by 4thedition View Post
    the issue with the photo app is because it sorts by file creation time and sorts it in decending order. This is hardcoded in various scripts in the photo app folder. All you need to do is use internalz pro and edit the following file:
    AlbumGridView.jsjsjs

Once you change this to false, what does it sort by?
    file creation time in ascending order. I can't figure out how to sort by filename, but pretty sure it has to do with
    inQuery.orderBy = "createdTime";

I tried to change that to fileName, but it doesn't work

update...looks like you can use "_id" as the sorting order...that order the list by filename.
    inQuery.orderBy = "_id";
    Last edited by 4thedition; 09/06/2011 at 03:08 PM.
    I solved it.

1. Copy all the files to my c:\Root\Become\
    2. Run this bat file (it copies the files backward)

mkdir e:\Transfer
    chdir c:\Root\Become\
    for /f %%a in ('dir /b /o:-d *.*') do copy %%a e:\Transfer\%%a

3. Rename the Transfrer dir on your Touchpad

I realy like Touchpad, but this error is a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4thedition View Post
    AlbumGridView.jsjsjs

hello, in what directory exactly is this config file found in?
    I found 2 config files to change

To change the grid view of the album to sort by oldest first change the file below:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/source/AlbumGridView.jsjsjs
    About a quarter of the way down the file there's a line
    Code:
    desc: true, // newest first
    change the true to be false

To change the slideshow to the same order
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/source/widgets/SlideshowPlayList.jsjsjs
    near the bottom there's a function sortByMostRecentFirst
    within it look for the line
    Code:
    result = bt - at;       // the larger createdTime...
    and swap that round so it looks like
    Code:
    result = at - bt;
    Hope it works for everyone else and looks like it could be a patch for anyone that knows how!

I have now mucked around with so many files without taking a backup that my grid view now displays nothing - you have been warned! In the meantime I'll try to work out what I changed to break it...
    EDIT: I found the mistake I made, the changes above seem to work just fine for me.

Cheers,
    Alan
    Last edited by magicaltastic; 09/08/2011 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicaltastic View Post
    I found 2 config files to change

To change the grid view of the album to sort by oldest first change the file below:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/source/AlbumGridView.jsjsjs
    About a quarter of the way down the file there's a line
    Code:
    desc: true, // newest first
    change the true to be false

To change the slideshow to the same order
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/source/widgets/SlideshowPlayList.jsjsjs
    near the bottom there's a function sortByMostRecentFirst
    within it look for the line
    Code:
    result = bt - at;       // the larger createdTime...
    and swap that round so it looks like
    Code:
    result = at - bt;
    Hope it works for everyone else and looks like it could be a patch for anyone that knows how!

I have now mucked around with so many files without taking a backup that my grid view now displays nothing - you have been warned! In the meantime I'll try to work out what I changed to break it...
    EDIT: I found the mistake I made, the changes above seem to work just fine for me.

Cheers,
    Alan

Confirmed. This does work.

Luckily I backed up the scripts. I'll revert back to see if there are any specific changes to the grid view--the first script you mentioned to modify.

I wish Internals Pro would allow to rename files on top of the other available options.
  9.    #29  
    Thanks for the tip.

I think that providing flexible sorting folder/photos in the photo videos app (sorting album and photos A-Z; Z-A, by picture date, by creation date, etc...) should be on top of the fixes/requirements to be included in the next HP webOS OTA update.

In the interim, I hope that the creative & talented homebrew developers community will come up with a patch to offer such automated toggling for such sorting options (without having to do JSJSJS $manual$ $edits$ $which$ $can$ $be$ $intimidating$ $for$ $more$ $mainstream$ $users$).
    ^^ +1.
    <<threads merged>>
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    please people... Don't experiment on your TP. Just Download the SDK. It is easy and you get an virtualbox emulator for testing!
    With virtualbox you can even do snapshots.
    https://developer.palm.com/content/r..._download.html

really easy and you don't mess up your system.
    Quote Originally Posted by gyhor View Post
    please people... Don't experiment on your TP. Just Download the SDK. It is easy and you get an virtualbox emulator for testing!
    With virtualbox you can even do snapshots.
    https://developer.palm.com/content/r..._download.html

really easy and you don't mess up your system.
    much appreciated. i didnt know this was available.

im sure we all will pick up the habit of first create a backup of a certain config file before one commits any changes. ;-)
    since applying magicaltastic's workaround. Everything has been working great. However, since the photos are now sorted from oldest to newest, when I view the in large screen mode, and change the photos using gestures. I have to drag from left to right in order yo get to the next set of photos sorted from oldest to newest. What I am trying to figure out is which script to modify so I am browsing by dragging my fingers from the right to the left-- just how you'd read a book; cover to cover, in order.

any help would be appreciated

EDIT: in slide show mode--what we know as exhibition mode. Photos are automatically displayed and browsed from oldest to newest. I can see the photos change from right to left. This is the order I'd like to have when I am browsing photos manually when using gestures
    Last edited by manera; 09/11/2011 at 09:32 PM.
    great fix. made those updates and they sort fine with the exception that starting at picture 193 out of 250 it split. so the picture 193-200 were at the start of the folder then continuing with picture 1 to 192. is there a script within those files that limits a break?
    file creation time in ascending order. I can't figure out how to sort by filename, but pretty sure it has to do with
    inQuery.orderBy = "createdTime";

I tried to change that to fileName, but it doesn't work

update...looks like you can use "_id" as the sorting order...that order the list by filename.
    inQuery.orderBy = "_id";
    does this order it alphabetically??

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Yes, it does.

I did edit two files:

AlbumGridView.jsjsjs
    widgets/SlideshowPlayList.jsjsjs

and changed the line to: orderBy: "_id"

- Album Grid View displays the pics now in alphabetical order

- When you touch the picture to view in full screen and slide to the next - IT DOES NOT WORK YET. It uses the old (by date) photo sorting. Not found where to change this...

-If you choose "play" (-> SlideshowPlayList) it displays the photos in alphabetical order.

DO BACKUP THE FILES BEFORE EDITING!
    Just do a "cp <file> <file>.backup" to be on the save side ....
    sorry, i cant edit the file
    AlbumGridView.jsjsjs

even i tried to copy and paste in,
    but i cant find the folder of /usr

how can i do it?
    waiting for your response...

you guys are amazing on touchpad...
    Quote Originally Posted by benvolio7 View Post
    Yes, it does.

I did edit two files:

AlbumGridView.jsjsjs

and changed the line to: orderBy: "_id"

- Album Grid View displays the pics now in alphabetical order

- When you touch the picture to view in full screen and slide to the next - IT DOES NOT WORK YET. It uses the old (by date) photo sorting. Not found where to change this...

-If you choose "play" (-> SlideshowPlayList) it displays the photos in alphabetical order.

DO BACKUP THE FILES BEFORE EDITING!
    Just do a "cp <file> <file>.backup" to be on the save side ....

same as what you are. but my slide show still the same order with view in full screen...
    any help would be appreciated...
    Quote Originally Posted by rickazaf View Post
    sorry, i cant edit the file
    AlbumGridView.jsjsjs

even i tried to copy and paste in,
    but i cant find the folder of /usr

how can i do it?
    waiting for your response...

you guys are amazing on touchpad...
    You can use WebOSQuickInstall.jar and transfer the file.
    Under tools there should be an option to send files. Put in the path (not including the file name) and it should override the existing file.

Check out this post - http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...k-install.html
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast