1.    #1  
    Hi,
    Just succesfully installed the 3.02 update, but still missing the promised Kindle app. Also my Pivot issue is still the July one. My TP is UK activated. What's the issue here? I really would like to be able to read e-books from Amazon on my TP, which was a big reason to get the TP...
    Who knows more about this?
    The Kindle app was released already weeks ago.
    You have to download it from the App Catalog.

Update: Sorry, just noticed you said UK. I think it's still only available to certain countries.
    Check for details in this thread, they discuss a workaround.
    Last edited by WoodWulf; 08/01/2011 at 07:05 PM.
    Kindle app was released in the US only. Dont remember seeing the kindle app being in the list of features for the 3.0.2 update.
    the kindle app for UK is likely being held back by licensing issues.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the answers. I didn't know that the Kindle was released for the US app catalog only. This is kind of disappointing for me, and all I can hope for is a future Kindle release for Europe/UK activated TP's..
    In the meantime I'll have to look for an alternative to be able to read e-books on my TP. Maybe pReader is the way to go? Can I read Amazon bought books with that?
    I've got the Kindle App - and I'm from germany ;-)

I downloaded it in the first week of july and a few days later it was removed from the app catalog, but it's still on my device
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by apeka53 View Post
    Thanks for the answers. I didn't know that the Kindle was released for the US app catalog only. This is kind of disappointing for me, and all I can hope for is a future Kindle release for Europe/UK activated TP's..
    In the meantime I'll have to look for an alternative to be able to read e-books on my TP. Maybe pReader is the way to go? Can I read Amazon bought books with that?
    Install PreWare, then install Imopostah, this will allow you to load the Kindle application.

Have a read here http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...le-app-uk.html for more information.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Official UK Kindle app is not available yet as agreements are only in place for US. Should be available soon.
    its a little frustrating for us outside of the US, Amazon have been pushing the Kindle quite a bit in the UK. I can't see a reasonable reason why the app isn't available.
    the kindle app isn't that thrilling. No dictionary look up in the long press menu, no side loading of pdfs and epubs. No expectation that amazon will enable these features ever. If you're a kindle user, I'm sure it's satisfactory. As an ereader app in general, it doesn't hold up. preader is not an option either, that is even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    the kindle app isn't that thrilling. No dictionary look up in the long press menu, no side loading of pdfs and epubs. No expectation that amazon will enable these features ever. If you're a kindle user, I'm sure it's satisfactory. As an ereader app in general, it doesn't hold up. preader is not an option either, that is even worse.
    has kindle even allowed side loading on their ereaders?
    and it seems when I download some books I still seem to get multiple entries in my library for each book