1.    #1  
    Hello,

As a new user to the Touchpad (aren't we all), I can say that I'm a little disappointed with the core group of apps available out of the gate. I'm confident that apps will continue to be developed over time.

Meanwhile I'm looking for support for Adobe Digital Editions. This is a fantastic app that supports ePub with DRM. I found this by way of my local public library, that provides numerous current titles for free.

When will this app be available for the Touchpad?

John
    Hi John,

To my knowledge Adobe hasn't announced an official ADE client for WebOS. Support will most likely come through 3rd party apps like kobo or a dedicated epub reader app. I've heard that the pReader app is working on support for this in their upcoming touchpad version, so you may want to investigate that.
    I need some Adobe apps period... the touchpad should be powerful to run a basic version of Photoshop, Illustrator and such.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Yes I would also appreciate some love from Adobe and heck...HP is one of their biggest Flash supporters so it shouldn't require huge motivation.

Actually, if I remember right, Adobe made reference or speculation that Adobe was extending their webOS portfolio and looking to bring Adobe Air over to the TouchPad. This may help and also allow things like:

Adobe Eazel - Adobe Eazel for Photoshop CS5 | Photoshop.com

to be ported to webOS. Adobe Eazel looks very interesting

and it would be a great start for webOS.

Either way, Yes Adobe Digital Editions is NEEDED badly. My wife uses this for all of her Nook eBook transfers from Mac to Nook Color and any love for webOS would be greatly appreciated! Sorli...
    where/when did adobe say they would bring AIR to webos? that would be awesome!!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    if I remember right...P|C made reference to Adobe (thinking about it) moving in this direction, but it has been a while since that speculation and no news since. As usual...hurry up and wait. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
    Hi John,

To my knowledge Adobe hasn't announced an official ADE client for WebOS. Support will most likely come through 3rd party apps like kobo or a dedicated epub reader app. I've heard that the pReader app is working on support for this in their upcoming touchpad version, so you may want to investigate that.
    Jappus, the developer of pReader, just said support for ADE won't be coming because the DRM isn't open and hasn't been reverse engineered yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Jappus, the developer of pReader, just said support for ADE won't be coming because the DRM isn't open and hasn't been reverse engineered yet.
    Ah, thats disappointing. Hopefully someone else is working on something else that will implement epub drm support. If not, it IS possible to remove drm on epub files. That being said, if these are rentals, that would be quite illegal and inadviseable.
    ePub DRM support WILL be in pReader, but the "flavor" first up to be supported will be Barnes & Noble's.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    ePub DRM support WILL be in pReader, but the "flavor" first up to be supported will be Barnes & Noble's.
    Any further news on DRM support in pReader?
    To get the most up to date info, go to the official thread for pReader native: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...a-release.html

Currently, eReader DRM is supported. Those are files with a .pdb extension from sources like eReader.com, Fictionwise.com, and BN.com (if downloaded with nook for Mac or a spoofed Mac). B&N ePub DRM & mobi DRM are coming. Jappus, the developer, is churning out bug fixes & updates but his "free" time is more limited than it was since he started a new job at Intel. That said, there have been a few updates in the last week or so.

Drop by the official thread for more ...