1.    #1  
    I really like TED.com and was happy to find there is a Touchpad app that provides access to their talks. Unfortunately I cannot play the videos from the app. Whenever I press the video link button a new card launches, showing a moon icon and the touchpad tries to play the video but it is just not working. Is it working for any of you?

Rebooting the device did not help. Flash videos and youtube work fine. Maybe the Touchpad isn't to blame for this and it is TED's fault?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Just tried it. Mine works.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  3.    #3  
    Thank you! Someone from the HP support chat told me it did not work for her either. Maybe it is some kind of geo restriction? I live in Germany... The weird thing is on my Pre minus the videos play just fine, the same is true for my windows PC. Well hopefully the update will help to fix this.
    For me the moon just shines on and on and on...
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I wonder if it has anything to do with the kerfuffle between HP and the apps creator ComicBookBin (ladventurer-Herve St.-Louis) over the "review" that was in Pivot. Evidently whomever wrote the review used the iPad version as the basis for the review and credited TED as the creator of the app. While TED LLC is the owner of the content that shows in the app, they didn't create the app itself. The creator complained and they modified parts of the review but still no credit and so he threatened to pull the app.

Not sure what the final outcome was.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    You may find it works after the OS update. Others have mentioned problems with geo restrictions
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    it's weird.. i had the same issues.

changed it to US English and it works.

Edit: You don't have to wipe the device, just change it under regional settings.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.