1.    #1  
    Recently I purchased four apps for the TouchPad from the App Catalog. Three apps had sales tax charged for the transaction and one did not.

TouchDeclaration + Constitution, Gemini File Manager, and Advanced Browser for webOS all had sales tax charged on the transaction. KalemSoft Media Player did not have sales tax.

Why do some apps have sales tax and others do not?
    My only guess would be that the HP servers tweaked, sales tax is based on your location.

Were you in a different state when you purchased it? Not sure if HP adjusts for that, my guess is it is based off initial setup or location of CC, not current location.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    Nope, I was here in the Democratic People's Republic of Illinois for all four purchases.
    must have been a glitch
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...