1.    #1  
    books look great on my pc kindle app, in calibre; but when I load a epub or mobi file into pReader, there are tons of A's with .. over them. Almost every new paragraph and throughout paragraphs has them. I can't see using this with those all over the place.

Is it just me? Again, this is not the case when these books are opend in Kindle for PC or Calibre.

Thanks
    First, if you have any questions about pReader, you ought to look at the built-in help. The developer has included a pretty comprehensive help. You can access it by opening the menu in top left corner of screen & selecting "Help".

If your text is looking funny, pull down the menu in the top left corner, select "Change Encoding", select UTF-8 and your text should look better. For most english texts, UTF-8 or CP-1252 Latin should be the correct encoding. Other languages will need to use the appropriate encoding. If your text still doesn't look right, your document may be corrupted.

For further support for pReader, please check one of the following threads.

For pReader go to:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...doc-files.html

For pReader native (PDK version for 1.4.5+) go to:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...a-release.html

Note that ePub & mobi DRM (copy protection) is not yet supported by pReader, but is coming soon. The regular pReader is a Mojo only app that will run on any webOS device & has recently been updated to run full-screen on the TouchPad. The native version is nearing feature completeness & is receiving an Enyo rewrite of the user interface as we speak. Even though the native version is faster, it's not yet recommended for use on TouchPad.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    First, if you have any questions about pReader, you ought to look at the built-in help. The developer has included a pretty comprehensive help. You can access it by opening the menu in top left corner of screen & selecting "Help".

If your text is looking funny, pull down the menu in the top left corner, select "Change Encoding", select UTF-8 and your text should look better. For most english texts, UTF-8 or CP-1252 Latin should be the correct encoding. Other languages will need to use the appropriate encoding. If your text still doesn't look right, your document may be corrupted.

For further support for pReader, please check one of the following threads.

For pReader go to:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...doc-files.html

For pReader native (PDK version for 1.4.5+) go to:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...a-release.html

Note that ePub & mobi DRM (copy protection) is not yet supported by pReader, but is coming soon. The regular pReader is a Mojo only app that will run on any webOS device & has recently been updated to run full-screen on the TouchPad. The native version is nearing feature completeness & is receiving an Enyo rewrite of the user interface as we speak. Even though the native version is faster, it's not yet recommended for use on TouchPad.
    got it. thanks. so much for asking this community!. what the heck was I thinking. I guess this place is just to complain and not ask questions. who knew. thanks again and my bad.
    Always ask questions. Just letting you know there are additional resources. Who said you couldn't ask?

You asked & someone gave you the answer. What else do you want? Don't you like answers? Don't you like additional places to look for info?

What else were you expecting to receive?
  5.    #5  
    nope - love answers. Sorry if I miss read, but thought I was being called out for posting this hear. Basically, I thought this from the start of your post... my bad for miss reading.
    Just trying to give you other sources for help. The code page / encoding issue is tricky if you don't know it's there.

Jappus really has included a very good help system in pReader. Some of it is out of date as the app's progress has outstripped documentating, but it's great none the less.

I thought you might want to know about the dedicated threads because that's where jappus (the developer) hangs out. He's not the most available right now since he just started a new job at Intel Germany so the rest of us try to pitch in.

If you have any other issues with pReader, sing out - we'll try to help. It really is an amazing program for free.