1.    #1  
    I can't get the mail app to sync with my Yahoo! Mail. If any of you that have Yahoo! Mail working on your TouchPad are willing to reply with the incoming/outgoing details about what server, port, etc. you're using to sync, I'd really appreciate it. Also, do you use the @yahoo.com extension with your user name to log in for the incoming/outgoing servers or just the name before the @ sign?

Thanks in advance to anyone that is willing to help. I'm very frustrated with trying to get this to work properly. Other than my work account, my Yahoo! Mail is the one I use the most.
    Last edited by AZBigE; 07/29/2011 at 12:06 AM.
    These values migrated over from my Palm Profile (1.4.5) and they work fine for me:

Incoming Mail Server

Server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: ---@yahoo.com
    Password: ******
    Encryption: SSL
    Port: 993

Outgoing Mail Server

Server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    User Authentication: on
    Username: --- (no @yahoo.com)
    Port: 465
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Another example of something that works for some but not others.

I had a Yahoo email account on my Pre that works fine. I've made over a dozen attempts over the past month to manually add it to the TPad but it always fails. I don't get an error message, the TPad behaves like the transaction was successful but the account never shows on the screen.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RaleighPalm View Post
    These values migrated over from my Palm Profile (1.4.5) and they work fine for me:

Incoming Mail Server

Server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: ---@yahoo.com
    Port: 993

Outgoing Mail Server

Server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    User Authentication: on
    Username: --- (no @yahoo.com)
    Port: 465
    Thanks for posting. These are the settings that synced from my Pre Plus account, too. Unfortunately, they didn't (and still don't after I re-entered them based on what you provided) work.

It says "Syncing," and the little circular arrows symbol appears in the notifications area, but email doesn't show up and it gives me a notification to "Check Your Login and Password." I've done this. I'm using the correct login and password. I've triple checked by using them to login on my laptop.

Frustrating. Sounds like Hobbz and I are having the same issue.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    in another thread a couple weeks ago, someone gave details on going into Yahoo Mail on your computer, in a settings screen to view what remote access was granted to your various devices, remove it - then re-setup from scratch. I'm connected via my hotspot or I'd offer to go looking for the thread or the settings in Yahoo Mail, sorry - i hope you both find the answer!
    I'm having issues with yahoo messenger today, it could be related. For me it logs in for a couple seconds and then boots me. Yesterday it was working fine.
    I have also have had strange login issues with Yahoo. I often get a login error about my credentials, but the same account and setting work on my veer...which I got after my TP. Sometimes messenger doesn't login to yahoo, sometimes its email. But none of my other accounts have this issue, and it is not an issue on the veer.
    Palm Centro -> Palm Pre- -> HTC Evo 3D SPRINT
    iPhone 3G -> HP Veer Black -> HP Veer White AT&T
    Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer Black -> HP Pre 3 (UK - Unlocked 8gb) AT&T
    HP Pre 3 (US - AT&T 16gb)
    HP TouchPad Black 1.2GHz 32GB
    HP TouchPad White 1.5GHz 64GB
    HP TouchPad Black 1.5GHz 32GB AT&T

(You have no idea what I would do to get a TouchPad Go)

Obviously I have a problem (see above). . .
    And it has nothing to do with more cowbell. . .
    My TouchPad's Yahoo mail was working great... until Tuesday. Now nada. No sync. I deleted the Synergy account and added it back in, and now it won't sync at all.

At first I thought it might be due to the 3.0.2 update, but I also saw a similar posting in one of the WebOS software forums by a Pre user. So now I'm thinking it's an issue inherent in Synergy itself? I dunno.
    I re-found this thread after re-doctoring my Pre (-), when my yahoo email wouldn't connect. Then I realized that, using the exact same webOS profile, I have my Touchpad working just fine using the standard yahoo mail settings, but my Pre still won't connect. Like @MateoSolo, I tried deleting the account in Synergy and re-adding it, but no joy. Oh well. There are POP settings that work, but I'd rather use it as IMAP.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    My Yahoo works fine on my Touchpad too, but not on my Pre with 2.1.0.
    I am getting the headers from yahoo, but it won't download the rest of the message on the pain all the way to the right. Any ideas??
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeb.meyer View Post
    I am getting the headers from yahoo, but it won't download the rest of the message on the pain all the way to the right. Any ideas??
    I'm having the same issue. I think it happened after I completely wiped my Pre(-) after it gave me some issues(about a week ago). I keep getting this message: "An error occurred downloading this message." I've reset the account every way possible on the TP without wiping it.
    Im having an issue today, it was working fine. It keeps telling me to login, but its logged in and mail actualy comes. I jsut want the notification gone. its weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by froggys View Post
    Im having an issue today, it was working fine. It keeps telling me to login, but its logged in and mail actualy comes. I jsut want the notification gone. its weird.
    Same here. Annoying, but at least it is still functional.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Having same issues. My Yahoo Mail makes it to the mail box. But I cant open it . I get (an error occurred downloading this message). Not very happy
    This is really weird. I put my e-mail credentials in for yahoo within an hour of getting the device and it has worked flawlessly for me since then. I do have two accounts, both a yahoo and a gmail account on here, and both synch perfectly. I also did all of the speed boost patches on the getting started guide except the ripple thing which I like enough to keep and none of that broke it if that helps in narrowing down the possible sources of problems. I'd also try simplifying your yahoo password, mine is numbers and letters with no symbols.
    Am new to WebOS. Love it and my Pre 3. I have set it up to receive emails accounts from various providers and all except Yahoo work fine.

I've tried POP and IMAP. Nothing is working and I suspect it's either a Pre 3/WebOS issue or a Yahoo issue. Celnet provider has been contacted and no issues are suspected.

There are some users on this forum who have managed to get it working without problems. Has anyone managed to get it working after initially having issues?

What worked?

Thanks,
    Paul

EDIT:
    Found something that worked for me

http://www.webosnation.com/workaroun...ail-1299-error
    Last edited by Paulscarbs; 12/18/2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: found answer
    I am trying to configure a ymail account [xxxxxx@ymail.com] on my TouchPad and can not seem to get the right parameters. I have tried all the ones I saw for xxxxx@yahoo.com, but nothing has worked. Are the parameters for ymail different?