Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Before I had first received my TouchPad, I had read many times that the dedicated Facebook app for the TouchPad was incredible, something that would set the TouchPad ahead of the competition since no other tablet has a real Facebook app. So i was saddened to see that once I installed it on my TouchPad, I've found it to be quite slow, laggy, unresponsive, and overall of poor quality. Notifications are hit and miss as well and when i tap them (within the app, not at the top of the screen) to view what someone said, half the time it does nothing.Am I alone in this sentiment? Any of you experiencing similar problems?
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
    Yeahhhh I feel the same way. I mean, I'm glad it's there, but it's ... definitely got the webOS lag.

Kind of amazing how easily webOS apps bog down, even on blazing fast hardware.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Yeahhhh I feel the same way. I mean, I'm glad it's there, but it's ... definitely got the webOS lag.

Kind of amazing how easily webOS apps bog down, even on blazing fast hardware.
    Visually its stunning and the "magazine" style view is a great idea. If only it worked as it was intended. Well I've got my fingers crossed that this is one of the many things to be fixed in the 3.0.2 OTA update.
    ^ You know, this is one of those things that kills my usually optimistic tone. I've been waiting for the webOS lag to go away since the first updates to 1.0. And it's always there. Sometimes they can minimize it or hide it, or distract the user from it, but the OS is slow.

I've kind of accepted it as un-fixable at this point. But I'm sure we'll see some optimization going forward.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    ^ You know, this is one of those things that kills my usually optimistic tone. I've been waiting for the webOS lag to go away since the first updates to 1.0. And it's always there. Sometimes they can minimize it or hide it, or distract the user from it, but the OS is slow.

I've kind of accepted it as un-fixable at this point. But I'm sure we'll see some optimization going forward.
    I guess this is the underlying story as a whole for webOS: visually stunning and a great design, but intermittently laggy and occasionally unresponsive lol. Although I should note that aside from the Facebook app, my TouchPad runs very well especially after installing those few patches that seem to optimize it.
    i really hate the facebook app, which seems to have a mind of its own. i always end up defaulting to the facebook website.
    i don't like that it says " from my Webos TouchPad" after I put in a comment....I really don't need everyone to know how much I spent on this....meaning my husband
    isn't it amazing how many times one persons opinion doesn't match yours. I mean, so disappointing! When will these companies start making everything perfect - meaning it meets EVERY SINGLE PERSONS expectations, all the time. Is that so much to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    i really hate the facebook app, which seems to have a mind of its own. i always end up defaulting to the facebook website.
    I haven't used the TP FB app enough, but please elaborate. The FB app has performed well for me when I have used it, being an IT guy, I would like to know specifics to try and break.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I have wondered if HP need to recruit a few different engineers who might be able to figure out how to address the lag, etc with webOS.

like some here, I am able to work through it on facebook, etc, but really hope they can work it out since the normal experience for most users on other OS is usually instant responses.

-sent from my webOS device-
    One thing I tried to do yesterday on that app was search an event that I wasn't involved with/invited but wanted to join. Couldn't figure it out(me or the app) and had to use my PC.

It's not something I do everyday, so not a huge issue, but something I noticed.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I think its more a WebOS thing than the Facebook app. The biggest issue I have with it is the un-responsiveness I have with it. I was trying to post a response to a post and it wouldn't respond. Finally after a few minutes of just sitting there it posted my response 6 times. Again, more of a WebOS thing.
    @oldskoolvwlover, it is extremely unresponsive and randomly throws out new panels that are unrelated to what I was looking at. And forget trying to open a link from a post.. nothing. perhaps it's a webos thing but I'll wait for an update before I go back to it.
    I've had problems with posts that don't show up which (in a previous thread) was determined that it was a 3rd party settings on FB issue vs Web OS. I just use the x.facebook.com site instead...
    in the latest update, has anyone's message icon on the left-hand bar changed to look like you have a new message permanently ?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I don't use Facebook much, but one of the problems I encountered was that it won't allow me to switch from my wife's Facebook account to my account. It says that it uses the first account in the list. Mine is the first in the list and it still uses hers. The only way I can get to mine other than the website is to delete her account from the TP.
    I had to go through my list and "read" all unread messages which cleared up the message notification.

I haven't noticed any "improvements" with regards to the messaging aspect of the app, that was mentioned as part of the update.

Messaging works from the browser site, can't seem to find it in the app, also just checked in the messaging app and didn't see anyway to add Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilover View Post
    I guess this is the underlying story as a whole for webOS: visually stunning and a great design, but intermittently laggy and occasionally unresponsive lol. Although I should note that aside from the Facebook app, my TouchPad runs very well especially after installing those few patches that seem to optimize it.
    I dont ever consider webos to be "laggy".

Why?

Because I understand how it operates.

Open facebook on google chrome on my corei3....header bar pops up, then my news feed, then the chat box populates.

Overall takes 3-5 seconds to fully open

On webos

open facebook....wait 3-5 seconds....then EVERYTHING updates at once.

We only view it as "laggy" because we dont see anything going on.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    mastercko likes this.
    I added a second facebook account under prefs in latest version.... The prefs screen says it displays the account that appears first in the list, so how do I ever switch views/feeds to the other account? What's the point of adding a second account if it only shows the top sorted account!?
    shaneginer21 likes this.
    managed to solve it by re-reading all my messages even though there were all read anyway. Very strange.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast