1.    #1  
    One of the main things I'd like to do with a tablet is set it up as a replacement for all my photo albums. I haven't been able to find any videos of the Photo app in action, but from the looks of it, it doesn't look like it would be the most friendly way to navigate through 15 years of photos. Does anyone have any experience trying to use the photo app for this purpose? I'd be interested to hear any comments on how this has worked out for you. If you've had experience using ipads or android tablets for this purpose, I'd be interested to hear your results with any apps out there as well.

Thanks!
    I think this is something you would want to do on a computer then transfer to your tablet. I can't imagine any tablet being super user friendly for the overall organization of the "album" itself.

Just my two pennies though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    I've got some ideas and I might try my hand at writing an app to do what I'm looking for. But from what I can tell there are apps out there for other platforms that are attempting to fill this niche. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried to use their Touchpad for this purpose and what results they've had.
    leverage an online service like snapfish or photobucket. Or box.net and your free 50GB. I go through one of these services and can now keep all photos on one PC at home - upload them to snapfish, photobucket, facebook, etc. then all albums are synched with the photo app on the touchpad. no usb required, no management of photos on the touchpad

Also, by using a service like snapfish you could create an album for each year of your photos, then they are sorted. Why sort them AGAIN on the touchpad when there already being managed on a PC/laptop and stored in one service.
    I think I may do that with my box.net account too, other than uploading ALL of my music, I don't have a real use for 50 gigs of cloud storage at this time. Photos would be nice though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    have you looked at snapfish and photobucket. I just create folders and load em up from my pc. nothing to do on the touchpad but load user name/password under accounts. In a matter of seconds the albums appeared in my photo & videos app on the touchpad.
    ive been using photobucket for years, my account is a mess, mostly for posting pics to forums. Do have snapfish since christmas time, but that 50 gigs would be nice to dump my photos too. My stuff isnt as organized ad I'd like
    I have an issue with the photo app of the touchpad. There seems to be no way of finding out how it organizes the albums/folders shown on the app. It is like randomly organized.

Is there a way around this? I would love it to be alphabetically arranged or even chronologically arranged, but it seems not. I find it difficult to find pictures because of this.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    I have an issue with the photo app of the touchpad. There seems to be no way of finding out how it organizes the albums/folders shown on the app. It is like randomly organized.

Is there a way around this? I would love it to be alphabetically arranged or even chronologically arranged, but it seems not. I find it difficult to find pictures because of this.
    don't think so. that app seems to be read only with no controls tied to it yet. Seems like it was thrown together at the last minute. Videos don't even give you an image or movie title. I believe the OTA is supposed to enhance this app some.

I was looking forward to this update, but finally gave up today and returned my touchpad.